Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @ussnorway you know with Thac0 of 22, he's going to have some LONG combats...guess you're hoping for good rolls.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @ussnorway you know with Thac0 of 22, he's going to have some LONG combats...guess you're hoping for good rolls.

I imagine the starting staff will be ditched for a long sword and longbow pretty quickly :p.
    Corey_RussellussnorwayCrevsDaaklolien
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    So, ah, what's the point of 17 Int on a Wizard Slayer? You can't dual to a spellcasting class, as one of the kit's features is to completely remove the spellcasting button. Toughness versus illithids is worth something since you can't drink Int-boosting potions, but there's no reason to take it as far as 17.
    edited August 2019
    As you can see by this screenshot, @ussnorway knows what they are doing. I dualed a WS to a mage and even could memorize spells, so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with what they are doing.

n7rssxyviah0.jpg

And here's that same WS dualed to mage casting burning hands from his spell button on Shank:

ozdt7plw0yrs.jpg
    ussnorwayStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaaklolien
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    jmerry wrote: »
    You can't dual to a spellcasting class, as one of the kit's features is to completely remove the spellcasting button.

not correct... you perhaps are using a mod or the gog install which is known to be buggy?
    anyway yes Wizard slayer can dual to Mage and it works ok as a class but he still can't use many wizard items like {most} wands and the normal summon trinkets

what he brings to the party is range melee, hit points, backup casting & some pick pockets... the longsword is emergency use only
    Grond0Corey_Russelllolien
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Version: GoG, no mods when I made the conclusion. I've installed some mods now (most notably SCS), none of which should have changed the wizard slayer ... and it's allowed, with spellcasting permitted. Huh. That effect I noticed which removes the spellcasting button is gone, too. From an old save when I was messing with things, that was SPCL 322, Instant/Permanent, Disable button 144. You don't pick up something like that by accident; it was clearly intended at some point, and very much fits the kit's theme.

OK, I guess dual-classing from wizard slayer to a caster class is allowed. It's completely against flavor to have a spellcasting wizard slayer, of course. I've got a WS/thief planned for a future no-spellcaster party, and that's the only dual class I'm likely to consider sith the kit.
    ussnorway
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    jmerry wrote: »
    I've got a WS/thief planned for a future no-spellcaster party, and that's the only dual class I'm likely to consider sith the kit.

I did consider thief... the main point of which is to get the UAI but from a flavor point of view my {Lawful Neutral} hero is a bit like the Dragonage Grey Wardens. There is no morality issue with good or evil... its whatever gets the job done

Wise_GrimwaldAerakar
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    edited August 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @Serg_BlackStrider: I have 1.4 terabytes on my hard drive, so I'll host a spare copy of the thread if I can download the thing.
    I need your e-mail address so I could send the archive via dropmefiles.

@Wise_Grimwald only way I see that happening is if you imported a high level character at the start.
    Wise_Grimwald