Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Nope. Mortality is fine. I'd rather take Weatherwaxiness, never vampirism. (does anyone know that, where Granny Weatherwax, the coolest witch in the multiverse, gets bitten by vampires and infects *them*, and they crave sweet tea and biscuits?)

The next poster doesn't like Terry Pratchett.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    False. He had a respectable beard. Something J. R. R. Tolkien sorely lacked.

The next poster wants to have a fully grown dwarven beard, no matter their gender.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Hell nah, having a beard is way too much work, it was cool back in high school, but now adays, bleh ( although ironically i have a light beard right now because i've been to lazy/tired to shave it off hahaha )

The next poster actually found the lid for their tupperware in their "organized chaos" of a tupperware drawer
    False. I always find lids everywhere, but never the containers they belong to. It's also not real Tupperware.

The next poster has everything in neatly organized and labeled drawers.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    HAHAHAHHAA no.

The next poster lost a fight with a staircase recently.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    False. I haven't lost a fight with a staircase in 32 years. I sure hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that.

The next poster lives over thirty stories high.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    False, i live -1 stories high in my own basement suite

the next poster owns the home they live in
    True, sort of. Technically it still belongs to the bank for at least another 10 years.

The next poster can't swim.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Depends on what I'm swimming in. I've successfully swum in water on numerous occasions, but I have little experience in other fluids. For all I know, I would completely incapable of swimming in apple cider, olive oil, or molten copper.

The next poster can feel their kidneys just by squeezing their abdomen in the right place.
    False. I would have to squeeze through my ribs to feel them from the back, and through my spleen or liver to feel them from the front. There are people with abdominal kidneys, but I'm not one of them.

The next poster has never climbed a tree.
    False. And please tell me what you ate for supper to have such creepy dreams, so that I won't eat it.

The next poster talks to inanimate objects.
    True. And Lilarcor just won't. Shut. UP!

The next poster is afraid of shooting strangers, has a fear of the dark and occasionally runs to the hills with the speed of light to play with madness.
    The fear of shooting strangers is why I don't like holding guns. Having the safety on just means you're two twitches away from committing murder, instead of one. Handguns feel especially dangerous because the barrel is so unstable and aiming is more difficult. At least a rifle feels stable and reliable.

The dark can be spooky but I love shadows. Shadows are one of my favorite things.

Running to the hills sounds tiring, and I have enough madness in my life without seeking it out.

When the next poster hears the phrase "armed to the teeth," they imagine a super-assassin dentist.
    False, but now that you say it, I can easily visualize it. I thought more of someone with filed teeth, for some reason. Possibly enhanced with metal, too. I try to avoid thinking of dentists.

The next poster has less than 32 teeth.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    True, I've never had 32 teeth. I only have two incisors. I was also missing two of my wisdom teeth. Good thing I'm not a priest...

The next poster NEVER goes to the dentist.
    I go as often as I need to; never less. The dentist visits are actually pretty easy these days. I brush my teeth far better than I used to and I use a Waterpik to floss, and my dentist basically never notices any problems--which is saying something, considering I have a genetic predisposition towards gingivitis! If anything, my teeth should be terrible, but they're actually pretty great.

The people who don't need to go to the dentist are the people who don't have teeth.

The next poster wishes they could be like a shark and just shed their teeth periodically so the new ones are always fresh.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Hmm.. false.. or maybe true. I don't know! Ok, false. I'm happy with my teeth as they are and I never visit the dentist. Haven't for like 10-15 years. Never had a hole and apparently have genes for very good teeth, except for a couple of missing ones to replace the baby teeth and 2 crappy wisdom teeth.

The next person will continue the talk about teeth!
    edited August 2019
    False. I wanted to, but your guess was the butterfly wingbeat that changed the future :)

The next poster skipped breakfast today (I didn't! Yay!)

Edit: Umm, since breakfast usually involves teeth, does that contradict my answer?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    False, never in 36 years now. I HAVE to eat breakfast or else, hehheh. The T1 diabetes keeps me on a tight schedule.

The next person does not really know the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes without looking it up.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Nope. Got over those after Junior High.

The next poster is super-excited that they're making another Matrix movie!
    HAHAHAHA. Nope!

The next poster knows all differences between a guitar and a bass guitar.
    False. I think a bass guitar is bigger (not sure about that, though), it has only 4 strings instead of 6, and they're tuned lower than on a guitar, because otherwise it wouldn't be bass. But I doubt that's all of the differences. I don't play guitar.

The next poster is lactose intolerant.
    I am quite pleased that I am able to digest milk. Milk is delicious! Though for humanitarian reasons I don't drink much cow's milk anymore (most livestock ain't raised all that humanely in the States).

Fun fact: apparently white nationalists are really proud that they're lactose intolerant, since lactose tolerance is stereotypically a western European trait. Thing is, it's also extremely common in subsaharan Africa, where folks also evolved away from lactose intolerance so they could get extra nutrients from their cattle. Yet white nationalists generally wouldn't describe subsaharan Africans as genetically superior despite them having the same trait!

The next poster is either a white African nationalist or a non-practicing vegan.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Neither of those check boxes is applicable, but my pen hovered above 'non-practicing vegan' for a fraction of a second, as I've made a couple attempts at it over the years. I lasted about a month on two separate occasions. The last time my streak ended because I'd forgotten that honey is technically an animal product under the tenets of veganism. I was happily eating a sesame seed bar when someone said, 'hey, I thought you were a vegan, but you're eating honey!' My resolve crumbled after that...

The next poster is a practicing vegan.
    Not according to my fridge, nope.

The next poster likes to put sausages in pretty much all of their home-made dishes. Especially blood sausages.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    False. I sometimes put sausage in my spaghetti sauce but that’s about it. If you said either basil or garlic then you might have guessed right.

The next poster doesn’t like to make assumptions about people hence why they find it difficult to guess a fact about the poster after them.
    It's not hard to make guesses about the next poster. They can always deny it!

@OrlonKronsteen: There's not really a codified list of vegan rules, so some vegans do make an exception for animal products that don't actually require hurting animals. Honey would be okay in my opinion because beekeepers don't really do anything to the bees but knock them out with gas, and that doesn't really hurt the little guys. Figs would also be okay because the wasps that do get absorbed by some figs aren't doing so as a result of any particular human activity.

The next poster once ate something inedible because it looked like something edible.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Does my roommate’s cooking count?

The next poster doesn’t cook at all.