Skip to content

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Beamdog, GOG, Steam)

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited March 2020 in News
From the developers of acclaimed adventure Darkness Over Daggerford, Ossian Studios, comes a new premium module for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition --> Tyrants of the Moonsea!

Based on the original module by Luke Scull, this new, enhanced version of Tyrants of the Moonsea vastly expands this former premium module by adding 70% more story and gameplay, as well as a a large amount of new art and audio content. Read on for details!

1r0n3pcm2q4h.png

STORY
The harsh frontier land known as the Moonsea is besieged by demons. A mysterious cult has arisen, bent on death and destruction. Amid the chaos, war is imminent between the powerful city-states and their tyrannical rulers.

Accompanied by the dwarf merchant Madoc, you approach the town of Voonlar just as the worst snowstorm of the year hits. You soon discover that only you can prevent the total annihilation of the Moonsea at the hands of a legendary and ancient evil...

FEATURES
A 20+ hour high-level adventure set in the perilous Moonsea region of the Forgotten Realms! Featuring new monsters, new tilesets, 35 minutes of new music, and 1,000 lines of new character VO.

- An expansion-sized high-level adventure with 20+ hours of gameplay
- Use the world map to explore 18 areas in the Moonsea region including Zhentil Keep, Cormanthor, Thar, and prominent city-states.
- Recruit from 5 different companions for your party
- 5 new monsters to do battle with
- 14 new character portraits
- 35 minutes of inspiring new music including exhilarating combat tracks
- 1,000 lines of new character VO

PLUS - THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK!
Composed by Mark Braga, Kalen Smith and Will Musser, the inspiring original soundtrack for Tyrants of the Moonsea will also be available on Steam!
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
gugulug5000elminsterhook71AedanbleusteelronaldoRik_KirtaniyaSylvus_MoonbowDoubledimasdeltagodeserkspacejawsbatoorAaeightanastielGusindaOlvynChuruleeuxKamigoroshiLudwig_IIlolienStummvonBordwehrAranthysDreadKhanJFKProontPrince_RaymondPixel_Mayhemfetito666AerakaraarionnMiraStastny[Deleted User]megamike15DrakonswitIseweinXorina

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Lovely!
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Finally! :D

What does "your party" mean?? FPC???
  • Drewbert_ahoyDrewbert_ahoy Member Posts: 96
    Awesome! Can't wait.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    MINE!
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    1varangian wrote: »

1 character and a companion is a party.

Also, everyone, check out what Luke Scull thinks about this new Premium Module: https://www.facebook.com/luke.scull/posts/10162062424425526
    JFKAerakar
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    1varangian wrote: »

1 character and a companion is a party.

Also, everyone, check out what Luke Scull thinks about this new Premium Module: https://www.facebook.com/luke.scull/posts/10162062424425526

But in the screenshots there's 3 characters in the party? PC, Lyressa and Sharalyn.
  • deserkdeserk Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2019
    Hells yes! I've been waiting for news like this for a long while. Will def instant buy. Please keep stuff like this coming Beamdog. Many more Premium modules or expansions! And stuff that adds in more art assets, classes, feats, etc.

Any chance we could get in a few more head appearances? Like 2-3 new heads per races (or at least most of em), surely wouldn't be asking much? There's quite few dwarf head models with proper majestic beards for example. Would be nice to get more customization options in general. Like how SoU and HotU each added new heads for various races.
    JuliusBorisovfetito666aarionn
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Beamdog and @OssianStudios Congratulations on this new premium module. I hope both companies make a huge profit when it's released. Can this be purchased through the Beamdog Client in addition to Steam? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisovfetito666aarionn
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2019
    So when can I buy it? Naughty to say there is a new premium module but when I go to the bd site it isn't there (you should know I am an early adopter when it comes to all things NwN PC). Yes I know its on stench. I only buy from there when I have no choice (#StuffSteam).

TR
    Prince_RaymondJuliusBorisov
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited August 2019
    Glad to see Ossian is getting work to do. Is there a possibility they can make a new one from scratch with the new EE functionality?

By that I mean are you/they allowed to do so? Are premium modules in the grey area where you're actually allowed to use various forgotten realms settings and distribute them at the same time?
    @Beamdog and @OssianStudios Congratulations on this new premium module. I hope both companies make a huge profit when it's released. Can this be purchased through the Beamdog Client in addition to Steam? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

I don't think you'll be looking at a huge profit from premium modules, but hopefully enough so that they can see some returns from it or at least enough so Ossian/Beamdog feels its worth doing.

But that's why i would like to know if they're actually allowed to do new content first.

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @TarotRedhand It is neither released on Beamdog's Store nor Stench, er, Steam. I imagine that Tyrants of the Moonsea will be sold by both vendors on the same release date.

@batoor Here's hoping they can. It would be a great way for them to afford fixing bugs while making new fun for their fans. Although, it won't likely be possible without the community's full support. Ral-ly! Ral-ly! Ral-ly! Ral-ly!

Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    edited August 2019
    Can’t wait until nwn gets released on iOS next year so I can play this
    polymorphedsquirrel
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    i need this! thanks beamdog
    JuliusBorisov
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    This is great news, it's nice to see a new entry into the official "canon" of premium mods, which this one was always meant to be.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Good to see that NwN:EE will finally have more content. Been more than a year since Darkness over Daggerford's re-release, after all. And this one seems to actually more than sufficiently fleshed out from its original.

@JuliusBorisov Will the never before released AL4: The Blades of Netheril ever see the light of day as an all-new NwN:EE premium module? Especially given that it was originall intended as a direct sequel to Tyrants of the Moonsea.
    Aedanaarionn
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    A question about the new portraits, will they be available for use outside of the new module?
    Aedan
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Awesome ! These will be bought quickly :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Will this new expansion be available on the consoles when they release?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    deltago wrote: »
    Will this new expansion be available on the consoles when they release?

Still figuring out about that.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    One little oddity here is that there is absolutely zero mention of this on Ossian's own web site.

TR
    Prince_Raymond
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    One little oddity here is that there is absolutely zero mention of this on Ossian's own web site.

TR

I'm surprised they still existed in any form when DoD was re-released. Most people from that period have moved on to other things in their life by now.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    edited August 2019
    batoor wrote: »

TR

I'm surprised they still existed in any form when DoD was re-released. Most people from that period have moved on to other things in their life by now.

hummm
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702

TR

I'm not surprised. It isn't even functioning 100% correctly on the Steam Store yet which is the only place it seems available so far. It isn't showing as available as part of Digital Deluxe Bundle, but it isn't showing as an individual DLC under Content for This Game.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    I was able to buy it for 2 dollars (!!!!) on Steam.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    This was one of my favorites back in the day, and glad to see it return!
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Just ordered it. 587 Mb. Intro is great :) Thank you BD and Ossian!

But please can we get one D&D module for NWN EE every quarter?
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2019
    For me it was 7,x EUR on steam after 10% promotion that lasts until August 28th.

And yeah, tell Ossian to update their webpage :)