Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited August 2019
    I'm not posting because I want to hear from somebody who never cooks... B)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't cook. It's too much time to do it and I'd have to learn how to cook certain things. I like to eat things that require little or no preparation--hence my typical staples, low-sugar oatmeal with water and cocoa powder, hummus with chips, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on whole grain bread with low-sugar jelly and a modest amount of peanut butter. Fortunately for me, those are actually pretty healthy.

The next poster cooks!
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Only because I have to. It's not my favorite activity. Without a family to cook for, I'd probably live on cereals with milk, sandwiches and fruit. Okay, and chocolate.

The next poster lives in a place where you can't ever hear your neighbour's loud music.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Oh, how I wish. Not only do I live in a neighbourhood that's overrun with college students, there are two Airbnb houses on the other side of the street that are usually occupied by loud, disgusting morons.

The next poster is also thinking about moving because he/she is tired of living in a noisy neighbourhood.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    That’s a false.

One of my neighbours is actually a public beach that hosts a lot of festivals during the summer months so we can hear the bands playing at night.

Not complaining though as the building I live in is pretty good sound proof wise as if it wasn’t we’d be the loud neighbour types that people would complain about.

The next poster knows how to make home made hummus.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Fortunately, I don't have that problem.

Next poster has IQ of 165
    Certainly not.

The next poster is a college student.
    Arvia wrote: »
    Certainly not.

The next poster is a college student.

Not currently, but I do have a Bachelor's Degree. I do know how to make homemade hummus though...

The next poster has, or is working towards, a PhD.
    I planned on getting a doctorate in postwar Japanese social history, mostly 1945-1952 and the lingering effects of the occupation, studying under Dr. Carol Gluck and Kim Brandt. I made the mistake of switching my subject to something I was less interested in and I ended up getting really burned out studying about human rights abuses in China and the propaganda the Party used to justify them. I decided not to proceed to the doctorate and just finish my master's degree.

The next poster would look good in a sailor outfit.
    How am I supposed to know that?
    Probably not.
    (and I don't have a PhD, either)

The next poster doesn't drink coffee.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    true, i never drink coffee ever, well, i guess that's not true, back in the day if i would work a 15+ hour day and only get 7 hours sleep afterwards i would get something from timmies

but now adays i do everything in my power to not work that long ( or even work in general *crosses fingers* come on stock market * still crossing fingers* hahaha, good times

the next poster continually stays up too late every night even though they actually want to go to bed earlier
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Very very true.

Even if I go to bed early, I'll only sleep for 3 hours, wake up and not be able to get back to sleep till 3:30, 4 in the morning. So regardless of how tired I attempt to stay awake till 2:30 then go to bed. I failed today (fell asleep at 8:30) and am now trying to tire myself out again.

the next poster has just woken up.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    False. I have unjustly woken up. No thanks to the neighbor's Toddlerspawn of DOOM.

The next poster is grumpy wouldn't have it any other way.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Yeah.. unfortunately true, I'm a bit grumpy. I want to be a ray of sunshine, rainbows and prancing unicorns, but alas, I am not.

The next poster would rather have a hippogryph than a unicorn.
    Absolutely. Practical matters would be complicated, but they look better, and they can fly!

The next poster has never seen real snow.
    False, I live in Sweden.

The next person still think Snow is the greatest rapper ever.
    Not sure about this rapping thing, but I heard rumors he's really good at wrapping.

The next poster cannot think of anything to say anymore and is just typing something on their keyboard.
    Ah a bd jeiwbscjosbb n jxibma. Skndnjwk jw dmlij

The next poster actually thinks the above means something...
    Yakka foob mogg. Grug puppawup zink watoom gazork. Chumble spuzz.

The next poster knows that's a reference to Calvin and Hobbes.
    False, never really read them. They were always printed in the weekends in my daily news papers when I was young, but that comic strip always swooshed straight over my head. I couldn't understand it. Maybe I was too young (or to stupid).

The next person has a favorite comic strip and will tell us which one.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    True, its Calvin and Hobbes ;) If you remove Hobbes fromt the strips, the comic is about my early life.

The next poster also has a comic that is eerily similar to some part of their life.
    False. Or at least I haven't noticed. But I like Calvin and Hobbes, too.

The next poster loves to get up early. (I hate it. The sunrise is a small consolation)
    False, I'm a night person. Waking and going up early is like clawing myself out of my grave. I'm never at work before 9 and rarely go to bed before 00.30ish. At least not when I live alone.

The next person has a familiar.
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    False. We had an incredible, smart, good-natured and well-behaved doggie (we've been on countless walks together in the Welsh hills, with never a need for a lead/sh), but sadly she died quite a few years ago. Now my mum refuses to get another, though her husband and the rest of us are pretty keen on them. :)

The next poster drinks only sparkling water, never still.
    False. I usually just drink water from the tap, it's good where I live.

The next poster thinks water is only for washing.
    False, for water is a main ingredient of tea.

The next poster drinks tea. And only tea. Not coffee, but tea. Throughout the day. And night. And even dreams of tea, Damned bean water.
    False, I drink both. Coffee during the day and tea in the evening.

The next poster is a teamongering teaocrasist.
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    False, though another close shot. I used to be: only loose-leaf black or green tea, freshly once-boiled water, steep in a pot (never in the mug, ugh!) for 3 minutes (no less, no more!) and then remove the leaves, milk religiously first in the mug for black tea, and not a grain of sugar in sight.

Now I drink coffee, since it's way cheaper where I live now, and it helps more getting up in the morning.

The next poster is a swimming fanatic, either pro or good as.
    Close enough. I love swimming, and I'm still not bad at it, but now I only swim occasionally and for fun. In my youth I did a lot of competitions, but something cured me of all ambition. I'm still happier in the water than in the air or on the ground, though.

The next poster prefers crowds to quiet places.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    So long as the crowd are all in a coma, maybe.

The next poster is a Hindu.