Skip to content

Beamdog Update: July 2019

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Fina92 @ElysianEchoes Nope. Beamdog added those npcs before WotC put a block on further EE expansions. I wouldn't expect anything more than voice sets or portraits from here on out unless somethign changes.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    SoD is an expansion. No more of those. But a NPC is an expansion?
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    I'm on vacation currently so my activity here will be limited.

The 2.6 patch is under the QA testing. There's no ETA but I think we're talking about weeks til the release.

anastielAedanBelegCuthalion
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    I want to start a new game of BGEE but have been waiting for the 2.6 update. Has it been delayed again as you said the ETA should only be weeks till the new release?. It has been so long since 2.5 was released but I do appreciate all the work people are doing on what I consider to be the best RPG ever released.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ZackelZackel Member Posts: 20
    -A normal company:
    Weeks=Weeks

-Beamdog
    Weeks=Months
    MERLANCERaduzielalboyDaevelon

New content added to the game is an expansion. Basically, anything more complicated than bug fixes or editing passes on already in-game writing. I will confess that I don't knwo where, say, portrait packs or voice sets fall in this.
    ElysianEchoes
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    ThacoBell wrote: »

New content added to the game is an expansion. Basically, anything more complicated than bug fixes or editing passes on already in-game writing. I will confess that I don't knwo where, say, portrait packs or voice sets fall in this.

What about new weapons/spells/kits?

Does it qualify as an expansion?
    Mothor wrote: »

What about new weapons/spells/kits?

Does it qualify as an expansion?

depends on the scope. If are a couple are rolled in with an update, its probably fine. But a paid dlc adding a bunch of things would be an expansion.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Weeks become months. Months become years. 2.6 is more elusive than Bigfoot.
    Adul
    Musaab wrote: »

But less elusive than 2.5. So far...
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%2Fepicrapbattlesofhistory%2Fimages%2F9%2F90%2FOne_Eternity_Later.png%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20140830192749&f=1&nofb=1
    AdulRaduzielDaevelon
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

And I truly doubt that this patch will be released before I finish my MBA (that I've started September, 1th).

You know, patching things takes time.
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143

Now you jinxed it..
    ThacoBell
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited September 2019
    I'm still here and I'm hearing all of you. The dev team is currently extremely busy, so, unfortunately, we can't provide any new information (and missed all the previous estimations around the blog posts and whatnot). As soon as I learn anything, I'll share it.
    Which means we probably won't hear anything on the subject of 2.6 or progress on the renderer rewrite in NWN until after the console release.
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
    PokotaRaduziel
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    I'm still here and I'm hearing all of you. The dev team is currently extremely busy, so, unfortunately, we can't provide any new information (and missed all the previous estimations around the blog posts and whatnot). As soon as I learn anything, I'll share it.
    Which means we probably won't hear anything on the subject of 2.6 or progress on the renderer rewrite in NWN until after the console release.

If they can’t make a screenshot of the new rendered for nwn to make a blog, I would say most likely they would delay the console release.
    But all we do here is speculate because we don’t get monthly updates or streams anymore.
    Julius doesn’t seem to get anything told to him.
    realshemp
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    The feels when last update was in JULY and still nothing, just teasing previews that are old now lying scattered about.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    The console versions are coming along.

Judged solely by the reviews, the product is more than up to par:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77054/console-release-reviews

A sigh of relief for me. Good reviews means it’s less likely that the games are going to get shelved in its current state. It will be more likely that the console versions will pay dividends to other platforms. All we need now is good sales and more fans - for the good of the game.

Btw.: what pleases me the most is the comments on the gameplay and controls. It seemed that this very important feature has gotten the love it required.

So onto my questions:

1) is there a very rough eta on the patch notes for the 2.6 update?

2) is there a very rough eta on the iOS version of the iOS?
    I have to plan time for play testing (yes I am hoping for an invite - a confirmation on an upcoming invite for play testing it would be appreciated B)).
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited October 2019
    User reviews have started to appear as well (but so far they haven't been about the actual console version). https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/baldurs-gate-and-baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-editions/9ncnbwzshzr5?activetab=pivot:reviewstab

We don't give ETA usually, but I know the plan IS still 2019 for both the 2.6 patch and the iOS version of NWN:EE, but this is my personal take, officially there is no ETA.

As an example, I'd like to give a comparison with the Fallen Heroes announcement and now cancellation (or putting it on hold) - . All changes so quickly in gaming, be it time estimates or even full projects. That cancellation announcement came quite a few months AFTER it was obvious the game is not happening (they stopped sharing any info about this).

So, at the moment, there is no official ETA for 2.6 & NWN:EE on iOS, but the work is being done.
    StummvonBordwehrBelegCuthalionAerakar
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    User reviews have started to appear as well (but so far they haven't been about the actual console version). https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/baldurs-gate-and-baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-editions/9ncnbwzshzr5?activetab=pivot:reviewstab

We don't give ETA usually, but I know the plan IS still 2019 for both the 2.6 patch and the iOS version of NWN:EE, but this is my personal take, officially there is no ETA.

As an example, I'd like to give a comparison with the Fallen Heroes announcement and now cancellation (or putting it on hold) - . All changes so quickly in gaming, be it time estimates or even full projects. That cancellation announcement came quite a few months AFTER it was obvious the game is not happening (they stopped sharing any info about this).

So, at the moment, there is no official ETA for 2.6 & NWN:EE on iOS, but the work is being done.

IOS? Consoles? How about something actual content or something "enhanced" for NWN:EE that isnt just some modding utility upgrade? :no_mouth:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Filipse Development builds for NWN:EE are more than "just some modding utility upgrade". https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69316/introducing-the-nwn-ee-development-branch/p4
    Illustair
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Yea seems like something got caught in the works here. I was sure that after the console versions 2.6 would be released pretty soon after that.

My guess is they are working on console patch in tandem with 2.6 as I think there are still a few console glitches to sort out and afaik no substantial patch was given to console version.

@JuliusBorisov any idea when we might get some new info? Also Happy New Year to you and all the BD team!
    Timbo0o0o0
  • alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24
    Is there no update on Beamblog since March 2019 ( ONE YEAR) or is it just me?
    Is there no update on Beamblog since March 2019 ( ONE YEAR) or is it just me?

Hello! We stopped using the Beamblog at the start of 2019. Please check out https://www.beamdog.com/news/
    spacejaws wrote: »
    Yea seems like something got caught in the works here. I was sure that after the console versions 2.6 would be released pretty soon after that.

My guess is they are working on console patch in tandem with 2.6 as I think there are still a few console glitches to sort out and afaik no substantial patch was given to console version.

It appears more like any further PC updates and development are abandoned.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    beo wrote: »
    spacejaws wrote: »

It appears more like any further PC updates and development are abandoned.
    Literally a day ago Julius talked about the 2.6 patch in relation to pathfinding improvements here.

JuliusBorisovAedanThacoBell
    edited March 2020
    Well, that was unexpected, thanks for the news.

Hopefully in this lifetime then.
    Post edited by beo on
    JuliusBorisovTimbo0o0o0
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @beo Don't tempt fate with that virus stalking the world.

TR
    Prince_Raymond