Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

2 curiosities:

-You know Emissary Tar, the lady who is going upstairs at the iron Throne building and ends up murdered and copied by a doppleganger? Her ttile sounds a lot like "M is a retard" . I wonder who M is?

-The SoD epilogue scene where Corwyn has you cornered in the sewers and then you jump is a clear reference to Harrison Ford's "The fugitive" . I'm old enough to remember it s2
    RaduzielJuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I'm old enough to remember the original TV series from the 60's.
    RaduzielWise_GrimwaldDJKajuru
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    2 curiosities:

-You know Emissary Tar, the lady who is going upstairs at the iron Throne building and ends up murdered and copied by a doppleganger? Her ttile sounds a lot like "M is a retard" . I wonder who M is?

-The SoD epilogue scene where Corwyn has you cornered in the sewers and then you jump is a clear reference to Harrison Ford's "The fugitive" . I'm old enough to remember it s2

If I were a betting man, M is for Minsc. Fully agree about the Corwin scene.
    DJKajuru
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Pathetic weak males.
    DaevelonBalrog99lolienFina92
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Not a single female strong enough to throw off the yoke of evil?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    jmerry wrote: »
    BG2 brings the player to a city of drow, a true hive of scum and villainy. Nearly everyone you meet there is evil. But how close is that "nearly"? How many of the drow you meet in Ust Natha have thrown off the shackles of their society, and are not evil?

Three. Solaufein, and the two drow torturers who continuously torment a captured djinn near the entrance. It's just a job, after all.

I mean, doing evil is pretty much a necessity, when you're living in a city like that. Been a while since I read the drizzt books but I seem to recall even he largely had to go along with what his superiors would have him do until he left for the surface world, and he's the very definition of a Good Drow.
    Balrog99
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    The priest spell Confusion is of the Chaos sphere. But the spell Rigid Thinking is of the Law sphere. Apparently both law and chaos spells can cause confusion.

Well, that’s certainly confusing.
    OlvynChuruAerakarWise_GrimwaldPokota
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    That's... not how it's spelled. The word you wrote looks more like a system of government which puts bears in charge - which would be confusing, I grant you.
    ArtonaThacoBellsemiticgoddessMontresor_SP
    Bureaucracy comes from the word bureau. We have one downstairs. It's a type of desk.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    That's... not how it's spelled. The word you wrote looks more like a system of government which puts bears in charge - which would be confusing, I grant you.

No, he said beaurocracy. Which I believe would be rule by a group of someone's ex-boyfriends.
    ThacoBell
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Bureaucracy comes from the word bureau. We have one downstairs. It's a type of desk.

It's where you store all your junk, never to see the light of day again. Kinda like what happens when you request something from the government.

"We'll get right on that Ma'am!" (writes note and sticks it in bottom drawer of bureau - right on top of the last 250 requests).
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    This is what happens when you try to type out a word you almost never use. Spellcheck? What's that?
    Balrog99JoenSo
    I can never spell bureaucracy without spellchecking or googling. If I have to use that word in a test I know that's an immediate mark I've lost before even considering if my answer's correct. It's a persistent enough issue that you'd think just through repetition I'd have learned by now but no go.
    Balrog99Wise_GrimwaldThacoBell
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    This is what happens when you try to type out a word you almost never use. Spellcheck? What's that?

On the bright side, you didn't write it in the meme thread, so you won't have to face an avalanche of beaurocracy memes.
    ThacoBell
    edited October 2019
    BillyYank wrote: »

No, he said beaurocracy. Which I believe would be rule by a group of someone's ex-boyfriends.

:D Of course not necessarily EX-boyfriends. It could be current boyfriends. Not every girl dumps her current beau when moving on to a new one.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    I was thinking, imagine if Sphere of Chaos were a priest spell.

Sphere of Chaos
    Sphere: Chaos

Description: "What do you want me to spell it out for you? It's a sphere made of chaos."
    JoenSosemiticgoddess
    "But what does it do?"
    "IT DOES CHAOS."
    ChroniclerSanctifer
    "You ever looked at a sphere shaped space and thought, 'not enough chaos'? Well this is the spell for you!"
    Raduzielmlnevese
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Sphere of Chaos, aka my room before the military fix me up.
    StummvonBordwehrmlneveseAerakarMontresor_SP