Skip to content

NWN Toolset: Enhanced Edition. Try the new updates and share your feedback

Comments

• JBobbJBobb Member Posts: 29
    Question: Has the Skills.2da been fixed yet so we can add padding in between BD's existing skills and any skills added by CC people? I remember it being a PITA when Bioware added the Crafting skills, then the Ride skill and having to reshift my own skills because because all of the padded skill numbers would show in the character skill tab as bad strref.

Please tell me this is fixed or being looked into!
    Also as a follow up, what program is everyone using to view the new 2da's in the OVR folder? I open mine in Word and it's a jumble that takes forever to untangle and make readable.
    Sorry for all the posts, another thing I'm curious about:
    New column in racialtypes.2da: SkillPointModifierAbility. This column determines the ability which will provide additional skill points on level up. Can be blank. (INT by default, obviously).

Can functionality be set to NONE as well?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @JBobb you might actually get some answers if you weren't hijacking a thread on the beta version of the new toolset. You need to ask about 2da files over in the custom content section and make a thread of your own.

TR
    grom56virusman
    @JBobb you might actually get some answers if you weren't hijacking a thread on the beta version of the new toolset. You need to ask about 2da files over in the custom content section and make a thread of your own.

TR

Does a facepalm. I saw 'try the new updates' in the thread header and thought it was for the game, not toolset specifically. Apologies. I'll move things along.
    TarotRedhandlolien
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2019
    I'd like to request the ability to permanently modify NPC/PC Ability-Scores through scripts, it allready exists as a Dungeon-Master console command ingame, so doing it should in theory not be too hard.

Being able to drag-highlight/select several-items in inventory management at a time would also be handy, along with the ability to "update items after existing blueprints" dirrectly from said page.
    DerpCity
    @Filipse you have always been able to update things in the game from the blueprint properties dialogue. There's a button on the advanced tab.

TR
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    Paphjort wrote: »
    Thank you, virusman

The new version of the toolset is great and I haven't met any errors yet. Good work! Especially the rotating/scaling of placeables and creatures.

The only bad is thing is that I now have to uninstall it again to be able to continue my mod, since I changed to the development branch while building it.
    Can't see a way to make it work in the updated toolset. Even tried changing min. req. version in module.ifo from 1.78 to 1.77, but the toolset still insists it needs a newer version to be able to open my mod :-(

Anybody know how to change a module from development (1.78) to stable (1.77) ?

I hope the wait is not too long before the updated toolset is released properly. :-)
    /Pap
    I've fixed the Toolset in the development branch, so all these changes should also be available with the next development patch.
    TheCapulet wrote: »
    Any chance we'll get a key remap in these builds? Would be amazing to switch the numpad keys over to the more useful and modern wasd group of keys. Even a simple toggle would do the trick.
    Some kind of key remapping utility would probably work best for this.
    TheCapulet wrote: »
    Another thing I'd like to request again, since it's been over a year since I've mentioned it, is object rotation tied to a hotkey.

Since we're getting all these fancy object manipulation hotkeys, it'd be the one of the last, if not the actual last hotkey we're missing. Select object, hold alt (or any other key), and move mouse in the direction to rotate the object.
    Try Shift + Right mouse button.
    LeoArctica wrote: »
    My toolset closes for no reason when I try to load an area.
    Please open an issue in Redmine: https://support.baldursgate.com
    JuliusBorisovGusinda
  • Michel889Michel889 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2019
    The toolset crashes each time i try to view an area, whatever module i open.
    P.S: i found the solution in a forum, it is working now...
    if it helps anyone having this issue i will quote it:

"Open the nvidia control program. Under “2D Settings” choose “Manage 3D settings”. In the dialogue that pops up select the “Program Settings” tab. Wait for the drop-down box to finish populating. Use it to select nwtoolset.exe. In the large box under “2. Specify the settings for this program:”, scroll down until you find “Threaded optimization” (it’s close to the end of the settings). To the immediate right of that you will see it is currently set to Auto. Click on that and select off. Click on the apply button. The toolset should now work properly."
    loliendunahan
  • tzaerutzaeru Member Posts: 3
    Absolutely awesome! Toolset updates have been long overdue. Thanks guys for your work!

If feature requests are OK, for me working on a very large module, the lack of any categories for scripts, conversations and areas is a bit of a pain. We've .. a lot of them! Categories and even the slightest performance increase in saving and building would be so huge. Thanks for consideration :)
    JuliusBorisovlolienArvirago
  • RananRanan Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2019
    I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar bug. When I go to edit faction reputation in the new Toolset I can't seem to edit the values. For example, if I make a faction named thug, I am unable to change that factions standing with any other factions. The numeric value of the relation it has with other factions does not change, I can make the field empty and highlight the current value, but when typing in a new value, the new value does not appear and the current value is still displayed. Could someone else check and see if they are having a similar issue?
    virusman
  • TalimeTalime Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2019
    Bugreport, as I have no clue how that strange bugreport tools work and no idea if that has allready been fixed or reported:

It took me MONTHS!!! now to figure out what is causing the "grey out issue" of the top toolbar in the toolset.

NOW i finally found one reason for it:
    If you double click on an object (placeble, waypoint, trigger whatever) in the left selection bar where you find your areas and lists of placeables you have placed etc. It will cause the greying out instandly.

This also causes that you can't copy/paste anymore. Because the new thing you try to copy doesn't get saved. You will still continue to place what you have copied last before the grey out happened.

If the grey out happens it also causes the left list to show wrong order of objects or even multiple listings of said object.

JuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @Talime It seems if this bug were to have a name, it would be... (puts on sunglasses) Gandalf the Grey Out.

YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    edited September 2019

You know there are few people who deserve to be dragged into the Underdark and captured by Mindflayers for soem facetentacle fun!

But after that extremely bad pun you are surely agree that you are deffinately one of them!

Prince_RaymondGrizzled_Dwarflord
  • ArkezenArkezen Member Posts: 4
    There are still some placeables were the Z axis translation will not save. Not sure if it is based on the model, but I have a specific one using the "Door, Metal" model that resets its Z axis translation every time I save, close, and re-open the area. I had the same issue with a ladder.

Also, I get an access violation every time I drag an item to the trash can on an inventory window.
  • ArviragoArvirago Member Posts: 9
    Excellent work you are doing. Just 2 questions:
    - Resizing creatures is a must! But I can only resize creatures put in areas. In my PW there is not a single creature in any area, all are encounters. So, how do I resize blueprints?
    - Is there an easy way to rotate objects 90º, and put one exactly on top of another one?
    DerpCity
    Ranan wrote: »
    Here to report a bug

When renaming areas, the text field defaults to blank after I type in the new name of the area. I can remedy this by opening the area properties tab and the name I input there will stick. While not game breaking, I don't believe that the function is working as intended
    Thank you for the report! This will be fixed in the next build.
    One little thing that bugs me with this toolset update is when adjusting the placment of a placeable with the Adjust Location dooby if you click either up or down arrow for what ever axis and at fist it does nothing, click it a second time and the number increases or decreases in the opposite direction you are actually clicking. Only after the third click does it work as intended. It a minor thing but darn a bit annoying :/
    Turns out, it's not as easy to fix as one would expect (this is due to the C++ Builder update/change), it is on the radar but will be addressed after other, higher-priority bugs and features.
    Ranan wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar bug. When I go to edit faction reputation in the new Toolset I can't seem to edit the values. For example, if I make a faction named thug, I am unable to change that factions standing with any other factions. The numeric value of the relation it has with other factions does not change, I can make the field empty and highlight the current value, but when typing in a new value, the new value does not appear and the current value is still displayed. Could someone else check and see if they are having a similar issue?
    Thank you for the report! This will be fixed in the next build.
    Has anyone else noticed this bug? When you open an area and select something on the drop down list on left window and then right click it and select "Focus on Object" the entire filter button menu at the top grays out and is no longer to be selected. Only way to get them active again is to open another area. Not a huge issue but kind of odd ;)
    Talime wrote: »
    Bugreport, as I have no clue how that strange bugreport tools work and no idea if that has allready been fixed or reported:

It took me MONTHS!!! now to figure out what is causing the "grey out issue" of the top toolbar in the toolset.

NOW i finally found one reason for it:
    If you double click on an object (placeble, waypoint, trigger whatever) in the left selection bar where you find your areas and lists of placeables you have placed etc. It will cause the greying out instandly.

This also causes that you can't copy/paste anymore. Because the new thing you try to copy doesn't get saved. You will still continue to place what you have copied last before the grey out happened.

If the grey out happens it also causes the left list to show wrong order of objects or even multiple listings of said object.
    Thank you for the detailed description! This should be fixed in the next build, but I expect to see some other minor issues with tabs. If you encounter any in the next build, please post here so we can fix them.
    DerpCityJuliusBorisovTalime
    edited September 2019
    Tabs are a big new feature so i'd expect that.

Still they function and can be worked with so it is fine. Best improvement for the toolset ever. Totally supports my mapping methods.
  • RinehardtRinehardt Member Posts: 7
    Bug Report: Z axis translations on placeables are still not being saved.
    https://streamable.com/8vrmj
    edited September 2019
    Arkezen wrote: »
    There are still some placeables were the Z axis translation will not save. Not sure if it is based on the model, but I have a specific one using the "Door, Metal" model that resets its Z axis translation every time I save, close, and re-open the area. I had the same issue with a ladder.
    Rinehardt wrote: »
    Bug Report: Z axis translations on placeables are still not being saved.
    https://streamable.com/8vrmj
    Thanks! It was not saving visual transforms when only the Z transform was used and everything else was zero. This will be fixed in the next build.
    Arkezen wrote: »
    Also, I get an access violation every time I drag an item to the trash can on an inventory window.
    I could not reproduce this. Does it happen in a new module without haks? Please open an issue in Redmine with a test module if possible.
    Arvirago wrote: »
    Excellent work you are doing. Just 2 questions:
    - Resizing creatures is a must! But I can only resize creatures put in areas. In my PW there is not a single creature in any area, all are encounters. So, how do I resize blueprints?
    - Is there an easy way to rotate objects 90º, and put one exactly on top of another one?
    Transforms are only saved on object instances right now. Adding them to blueprints is in the plans but only after all the bugfixes.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited September 2019
    virusman wrote: »
    I could not reproduce this. Does it happen in a new module without haks? Please open an issue in Redmine with a test module if possible.

I get that issue aswel.

Thankfully that doesn't cause any issues or trouble, just a minor inconvenience which can be overcome by placing the item into the inventory space before, or just klick ok at the error message.

To reporduce in a vanilla module without haks:

Create a creature blueprint with items equipped. (For exampel I used drow assassin standar blueprint and copied it)
    Open its inventory, and drag items HE IS WEARING directly into the trash bin.
    So for example have a drow with a chain armor and drag that chainarmor directly from his body to the trash bin -> access error.
    If you place it into his inventory tab first and then into the trash bin -> no error.

Behold mighty Leaf_paintskills!

5sz9vcazat26.jpg

Just found a very minor annoyance. It is in the Adjust Location/Bearing section. In the stable version of the toolset you can coarsely adjust the bearing of something and then immediately make fine adjustments with the up/down arrows. With the current beta version you can do the same but it appears that the up/down arrows lose focus as you have to click twice to make the fine changes start to happen.

TR
    I don't know if anyone else has reported this or if it's just happening to me. I habitually use the mouse/[CTRL]/right mouse button to rotate and/or change the viewing angle. I found that after a while this just stopped working and I either had to close and then reopen the tab in order to reset this or use the arrow keys at the bottom of the screen to accomplish what I wanted.

While I'm here. One little thing that I would find useful is an extra button amongst the tools. This button would simply reset the view to what it was on opening an area.

Thanks.

TR
  • ArviragoArvirago Member Posts: 9
    I also get the access violation all the time. Thought it was Wine-related, as I work with Ubuntu Mate.
  • LiarisFreeseLiarisFreese Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Вирус, в редакторе скриптов не все буквы печатаются в верхнем регистре на русском языке. Какие-то он печатает, какие-то нет.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Adjust Location Tab:
    1) It takes two clicks in one numerical direction to actually start going in that direction. For example, if you just increased the value of a number, then try to decrease it by clicking once, it will increase again. The next time you try to decrease it, it will finally start decreasing.
    2) Transforms and Translations will automatically revert to their previous # if you attempt to set them to 0.0. You have to go to 1.0 and then downclick (often three times, see above)
  • PaphjortPaphjort Member Posts: 25
    Thank you for making the new toolset available to the development branch! Finally using it and sofar no problems. Lots of improvements.
    /pap
    JediMindTrixdunahanJuliusBorisov
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    edited October 2019
    I just created my first area in the new toolset yesterday. I resized several placeables, including some that are from our hak (I.e. - custom content). I am opening areas in tabs.

After I close and relaunch the toolset, if I try to first open that area, the toolset throws the error "Pure Virtual Function Called" and crashes to the desktop. However, I've found that if I open one particular area (which was created long ago in 1.69) before I try opening this new one, it successfully opens and the toolset crash does not occur. However, not all areas will allow this to work. Certain other areas, if I try opening them first, still won't prevent that area from crashing the toolset when I try to open the new one after them.

EDIT: Nevermind. Turns out this error was being caused by one of the custom appearance doors in the area, not any resized placeable.
    Post edited by Balanor on
    DerpCityJuliusBorisovdunahan
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    OK, pretty sure this is something unique to this new toolset: if you copy and paste an instance of a placeable already in an area, it gets pasted at a higher point on the Z axis than 0.0

To repro:
    1. Place any placeable in the area and keep it selected
    2. Do CTRL+C to copy it
    3. Do CTRL+V to paste and then click where you want it
    4. The new placeable will appear at a height greater than 0.0 on the Z axis (verify by right-clicking it, and going to Adjust Location).
    dunahan