Skip to content

Today was the first time I ...

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Now I just have to find 160,000 XP so that she can get her kensai abilities back. And I hope I can do it soon because at the moment she's hopeless: she can't wear any armour and she couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Thank you for reminding me that a dual classed kensai has still the restrictions of his class. I'm playing a kensai too and it's actually a very big point in my plans.
    Permidion_Stark
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    It's not like Taerom Fuiruim couldn't sell two-handed swords, either. He's got some in the chests in his shop, after all. They're just not for sale.
    lolien
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    jmerry wrote: »
    It's not like Taerom Fuiruim couldn't sell two-handed swords, either. He's got some in the chests in his shop, after all. They're just not for sale.

Works in progress?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Today was the first time I noticed that the Thunderhammer Smithy doesn't sell two-handed swords. Seems an odd oversight on Taerom Fuiruim's part?

It’s because the big swords are in Feldepost inn. The inn keeper has one for sale.

Apparently the inn keeper is the real “big sword vendor” of the town. There is a bastard sword +1 in a locked chest in the smithy but one for sale at the inn.

And remember that Winthrop has a really big collection of big sword - being and inn keeper at a library this makes perfect sense.

Over all the inn keepers just has the leverage on the big swords. So if you want to buy a really big sword. Visit an inn - not a smithy.
    Permidion_StarkBalrog99CrevsDaaklolien
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Today was the first time I tried equipping my character with Brage's cursed, berserking two-handed sword +3:
    7o8dpqybg38i.png

Not a bad outcome considering I hadn't bothered buffing my third-level, half-orc barbarian before the encounter. Sadly, straight afterwards I tried the same against Zargal and his buddies, forgetting that my armour class wasn't great because I was only wearing splint mail. My berserk barbarian chunked Zargal and made a mess of one of the archers causing him to fail his morale check and that's where things went wrong. He ran away, she followed him and got filled with poison arrows by the other knobgoblin.

Still, I am tempted to try a run where my character only uses Brage's sword just to see how far I can get.
    gorgonzolaStummvonBordwehrZaghoullolien
    Today was the first time I took Dorn into my party. And to my surprise I discovered he is scared of me ...
    kma49flaqawv.png
    ZaghoulStummvonBordwehrAerakar
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Today was the first time I took Dorn into my party. And to my surprise I discovered he is scared of me ...
    kma49flaqawv.png

I actually love that dialogue, "I AM danger!". It's so cheesy but also so cool at the same time.
    Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisovZaghoulAerakar
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

I agree. What really amused me about the encounter is that I am actually playing as Permidion Stark - complete with his less than impressive stats - and I am using Eldoth's portrait and voice set for the character so the fact that Dorn seemed intimidated by me was actually quite funny. I'm pretty sure he is more than capable of ripping my arm off and beating me to death with the soggy end.

Haha true! Reminds me of the time I did a run with Tiax as my charname, couple with his real stats, picture etc.
    Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Skatan wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time I did a run with Tiax as my charname, couple with his real stats, picture etc.

Huh... Now I'm kinda tempted to re-create Charname as Imoen, with her portrait and voiceset and everything, then quietly Ctrl-Y the imposter Imoen that comes up to you after Gorion bites it and see what happens when Imoen is the ONE TRUE GORION'S WARD! :P
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    Today I learned that in the current version of BG2EE, the Shapeshifter kit's Werewolf form is flagged to not make attacks with an off-hand weapon, even though it can in BG1EE and vanilla.
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakgorgonzolalolien
    Today was the first time I noticed that the Cook in the Cloakwood Mine includes herself on the menu . . .
    wm3gdu85fj6k.png
    CrevsDaakAerakarJuliusBorisov
    edited November 2019
    megamike15 wrote: »
    Skatan wrote: »
    kma49flaqawv.png

I actually love that dialogue, "I AM danger!". It's so cheesy but also so cool at the same time.

thats a breaking bad reference for those that don't know.

Now I want to see that whole scene dubbed into Eldoth's voice.
    megamike15AerakarBalrog99JuliusBorisov
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    That's an interesting thought, and it would actually make a lot of sense. I mean, the whole point of that subterranean compound is to keep Davaeorn guarded.

What I learned the other day is that Emissary Tar had just been switched for a doppleganger when you see her on the fifth floor of the Iron Throne building. I somehow never saw her dead body in previous runs.
    lolien
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I started playing a f/m/t a while ago and got to chapter 4 today. Am wondering why I ever played a f/t
    Permidion_Stark
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    I know, and very well done.
    Permidion_Stark