Skip to content

(IE) Console versions released

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
edited December 2019 in News
Oh, hello there Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One!

Quick links for everyone!

Nintendo Switch
- BG pack
- PST & IWD pack

XboxOne
- BG pack
- PST & IWD pack

PS4
- BG pack
- PST & IWD pack

Details on the blog.

Reviews.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    No trailer on the NS store page? An odd choice. Still glad to see it release though :) Will pick it up some point when the price drops. 500 monies is a bit much
  • Tolek113Tolek113 Member Posts: 9
    how can I donwload an additional dubbing language on nintendo switch(BGEE) ?
    I got Polish language as a text language, but voice is in english
    I thought it was supposed to have those different language dubbing
  • tokjotokjo Member Posts: 6
    Same problem. Beamdog assured me on twitter, that there is full Polish localization on Switch, but I don't see any way to unlock this.
    4mg2kn6f865z.jpg
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please report at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that we could investigate.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited October 2019
    There was note at one of the polish site, that console SoD will have full text translation:
    hlsbxuaj14ld.jpg

Someone even asked publisher on facebook and he confirmed:
    xa8tqm0mv9nh.jpg

It was highly unlikely, but we had small hope you ordered polish translation for console release (and maybe will release it in patch 2.6). But now we see it was a lie. I guess some people bought it, thinking all 3 games will be translated.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited October 2019
    @Etamin what you posted there is true but only about extensions, not about basic games
    basic games was supposed to have full Polish dubbing
    and cdp in a message above (fb) answered that the rest (bg1 & bg2) of course will have a polish dubbing
    so waiting for investigation
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    Purchased and downloading now for PS4. So excited for this!

Two questions:

1. How well does multiplayer work, and is it cross platform?
    2. Will we be able to import custom portraits and/or other override custom content?
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Just started BG1 and there is no multiplayer option. Not sure if I missed it.

Also I'm on PS4 and prefer the tactical mode to the direct control but whats going on sometimes it just randomly drifts into the middle of the map and I can't make it stop.
    on box it is stated that additional languages are available via download(over 600Mb),
    but after some download (probably day one patch) still without polish dubbing,
    so maybe it is not yet available ?
  • twilektwilek Member Posts: 4
    Well, not available in PSN Store for people who lives in Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine :( (more info here https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/10/14/these-are-your-new-playstation-store-releases-this-week-15/) So since I live in Sweden I can't buy it unfortunately. Any plans to release it in the countries above?
    Purchased and downloading now for PS4. So excited for this!

Two questions:

1. How well does multiplayer work, and is it cross platform?
    2. Will we be able to import custom portraits and/or other override custom content?

1. MP is not available. There are very had challenges to implement it, and we aimed for the ideal 1st playthrough when we developed the games for the launch.
    2. No, it is not possible on console.
    Tolek113 wrote: »
    on box it is stated that additional languages are available via download(over 600Mb),

I will ask around.
    twilek wrote: »
    Well, not available in PSN Store for people who lives in Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine :( (more info here https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/10/14/these-are-your-new-playstation-store-releases-this-week-15/) So since I live in Sweden I can't buy it unfortunately. Any plans to release it in the countries above?

I will follow up on that.
    twilek wrote: »

We are working on resolving the issue with Sony.
    Tolek113 wrote: »

Looks like the console/patch size limitations are to blame, this is why audio is different if compared to the PC version.
    I got reply from a publisher in Poland that game will get a Polish dubbing via patch but the release date is uknown so far
  • tokjotokjo Member Posts: 6
    Looks like the console/patch size limitations are to blame, this is why audio is different if compared to the PC version.
    I hope it will be fixed sooner than later. Do you know are there any steps towards fixing this issue? I didn't recive any reply after submitting this bug via Customer Support.
    I think it's a bug that the voice is missing from BG1. We're still investigating (this is why we haven't replied to your Service Desk ticket yet).
    Hey...everyone. Two questions. How do I turn off Highlighting? At first it was working holding down X (on PS4) to turn it off and on but now it's just always on. Even started a new game and highlighting is on by default what did I do? I submitted a bug ticket.

Also, how do I delete an exported character? Accidentally exported the same character 3 times and want to delete the two obsolete ones.
    edited October 2019
    An update on voice localizations for the console versions.

These languages are available:

English, French, and German in all games.
    Polish and Korean in BG:EE, BGII:EE, IWD:EE, and PST:EE.
    Italian in BG:EE, BGII:EE, SoD, and IWD:EE.
    Spanish and Russian in BG:EE, BGII:EE, and IWD:EE.
    Czech in BG:EE, IWD:EE, and PST:EE.
    Simplified Chinese in BG:EE and BGII:EE.
    Brazilian Portuguese and Ukrainian in BG:EE and SoD.
    Turkish in BG:EE and IWD:EE.
    Japanese and Hungarian in BG:EE.

After a thorough investigation, we found that Baldur's Gate I & II on consoles contain Polish text translation, with Polish voice-over coming soon (for BG1, BG2, IWD & PST)! Siege of Dragonspear does not include Polish localization. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Other VO will be added in an upcoming free DLC:

French VO for:
    - BG I
    - IWD
    - PST
    Italian VO for:
    -BG II
    -IWD
    German VO for:
    -BG I
    -BG II
    - IWD
    - PST
    Russian VO for:
    - BG I
    Ukrainian VO for:
    - BG I

@Tolek113 @Etamin @Hurricane

@spacejaws

There is a little red diamond icon you can click which will turn highlights/character names off (press X or square and press left to hover over it).

Will follow up about the exported characters.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    I thought the v2.6 patch was going to be released alongside the console versions. Apparently that isn't the case?
    Ghamarro wrote: »
    I thought the v2.6 patch was going to be released alongside the console versions. Apparently that isn't the case?

We're a small studio and QA resources are not vast. We'll get to 2.6 soon-ish after the first "hot" issues of the console version are fixed (like VO).
    @JuliusBorisov Damm I thought that was AI for individual party members. Guess I should read better. Any idea about deleting exported characters?
  • iRemol89iRemol89 Member Posts: 15
    Very important.
    Torment Switch - there is no Journal in Polish localization. Only blank box! I know the game by heart but Journal is crucial for new players !
    Also there are many glitches with Polish fonts on switch.

As voice over is coming I have only one additional question :smile:
    How to change the visualization of HP to numbers not colors?
    spacejaws wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov Damm I thought that was AI for individual party members. Guess I should read better. Any idea about deleting exported characters?

From the main menu, select "Characters" > From the "Manage Characters" page, select the character you wish to remove and hit the square button.
  • iRemol89iRemol89 Member Posts: 15
    y9guon8tc1ov.jpeg
    Did you really check your product before pricing it for 50€?
    @iRemol89 We have seen this bug mentioned on our Service Desk and trying to reproduce the issue.
  • ArumatsArumats Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys,

I need some explanation about BG 2 EE on console and pc. I see that the game one console is avaible in french ( text and voice or just text for now ?) but the pc version don't support french. So i'm a little confused, if i buy a ps4 version, can i play in full french or not ? And if french is avaible on console why isn't it on pc ? ( i see there is a mode to have a partial french translation but not finish at this time)
    Arumats wrote: »
    Hello guys,

I need some explanation about BG 2 EE on console and pc. I see that the game one console is avaible in french ( text and voice or just text for now ?) but the pc version don't support french. So i'm a little confused, if i buy a ps4 version, can i play in full french or not ? And if french is avaible on console why isn't it on pc ? ( i see there is a mode to have a partial french translation but not finish at this time)

The French translation was finished for the console port. We're figuring out about making it available on PC as well.
  • ArumatsArumats Member Posts: 2
    Ok thank you for your reply ^^