Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited October 2019
    @ALIEN v23.3
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Etamin If you still have the installation, use https://github.com/InfinityMods/WeiDU-FileChangelog tool and when it ask aboout filename, enter: X#SHDR6B.CRE then post results.
    @ALIEN Thanks, but i just reinstalled all BG games preparing for final EET installation. I'm just waiting for SoB update and had to figure out mods order. I will just hope updating NPCProject to version 24 will fix collision with SoB.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellEtaminStummvonBordwehr
    I just played a little bit with your mod and noticed few bugs:
    1) Intelligence doesn’t affect number of spells for mages. Without your mod they start with 2 spells, from which they can memorize 1. With mod it’s always 4 spells from which they can memorize 3.
    2) High charisma gives 1 less bonus spell for sorcerer. With charisma 10 I can cast spells 3 times, with 18 I can cast 4 times (according to readme should be 5).
    3) Warriors, rogues and clerics start with 5 proficiency points. According to readme they should start with 4.
    4) Wearing armor doesn’t change track0. Khalid has 16 dex, so he has base AC 7 and track0 20. With splintmail armor he should get -4 dex penalty and lose 1 track0 point.

Few suggestions:
    1) Would be great if weapons descriptions could reflect changes made by this mod (damage tweaks, AC bonus, new category combinations etc).
    2) If you install Yet Another Revised Armor System, classes descriptions are missleading concerning armor restrictions. For instance mages and rogues can wear now any armor, but druids and monks keep theirs restrictions. Would be great if after installing this component, descriptions would also change.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    So you are telling the revised stat bonus is broken? I tried it and I didn't realize these issues. But I use only that component
    edited October 2019
    Arthas wrote: »
    So you are telling the revised stat bonus is broken? I tried it and I didn't realize these issues. But I use only that component

I noticed only problem with bonus spells. Also i'm not sure how constitution should work. In tra file are 3 descriptions. I got this one in-game:

Bonuses:
    15: +1 hit point per level
    16: +2 hit points per level
    17: +3 hit points per level (warriors only)
    18: +4 hit points per level (warriors only)
    19+: +5 hit points per level (warriors only) and regeneration

But there's also this (third is very similar):

Bonuses:
    12: warriors gain +1 hit point per level
    14: +1 hit point per level (warriors +2)
    16: +2 hit points per level (warriors +3)
    18: +3 hit points per level (warriors +4)
    19: slow regeneration (2 hp per hour)
    20: +4 hp/level (warriors +5), regen 1 hp/turn
    21: +4 hp/level (warriors +5), regen 2 hp/turn
    22: +5 hp/level (warriors +6), regen 1 hp/2 rounds
    23: +5 hp/level (warriors +6), regen 1 hp/round
    24: +6 hp/level (warriors +7), regen 2 hp/round
    25: +6 hp/level (warriors +8), regen 1 hp/second

Readme doesn't have constitution description, so i can't compare them.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Revised star bonuses doesn’t touch CON - the Revised Hit Dice components do. There are several variants of the hit dice component, I believe both of the above descriptions are covered.

I think I’ll just remove the bonus spell slots for INT and CHA. Too much trouble to maintain the sane thing in two places. You should install that from Tome & Blood v0.8 instead.

I didn't install Revised Hit Dice, cause i had similar component from Tweaks Anthology. I just did it now. And there's something wrong. When you install RHD constitution description change for this:

Bonuses:
    12: 2/3 minimum on hp rolls
    14: +1 hit point per level
    16: +2 hit points per level
    17: max hit points on rolls
    18: +3 hp/level (warriors only)
    19: slow regeneration (2 hp per hour)
    20: +3 hp/level (warriors +4), regen 1 hp/turn
    21: +3 hp/level (warriors +4), regen 2 hp/turn
    22: +4 hp/level (warriors +5), regen 1 hp/2 rounds
    23: +4 hp/level (warriors +5), regen 1 hp/round
    24: +5 hp/level (warriors +6), regen 2 hp/round
    25: +5 hp/level (warriors +6), regen 1 hp/second

(Which by the way wasn't translated properly, so here is fixed polish translation: https://filebin.net/w593jyi6x9v6nmke)

Yet, when i set CON for 18 i get 18 hp as warrior and 10 as mage (when CON is at 10 it's 15 for warrior and 8 for mage). In both situation it's 4 hp too much. Should it be like that?
    Subtledoctor don't give up on the revised stat component because I like it very much
    I never used TnB but hopefully it is compatible with BG classical edition. I find your stat revised feature one of your best well-thought ideas out there

Thanks for your work
    StummvonBordwehr
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited October 2019
    Sorry Subtledoctor,
    but I do not understand.

1) When I extract Scales of Balance into my classical BG2 folder, I'm getting asked to install Stats bonus overhaul, so why are you saying "In fact the entire revised stats component is incompatible with classic BG2"?

2) Are you actually saying that it's the spells addition that is incompatible for BG:classical edition? If that's what you meant, why is that so?

3) The readme says: Scales of Balance is designed to work with any Infinity Engine game on a variant of the BG2 engine that someone might purchase and play today, in 2014. At the moment, that includes TOB, TuTu, BGT, BG:EE, BG2:EE, and IWD:EE.
    Please, do not leave classical players "behind".
    Post edited by Arthas on
    What with other bonuses from intelligance and charisma? Will you keep them? Also i would prefer fixing those extra spells bonus rather than removing it. I don't plan to use TnB.
    StummvonBordwehr
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    Etamin wrote: »
    What with other bonuses from intelligance and charisma? Will you keep them? Also i would prefer fixing those extra spells bonus rather than removing it. I don't plan to use TnB.

Yes but doing twice the work and having to also do the detective work to figure out why those parts aren't working in SoB but are in TnB is a lot of extra work. And I'd imagine SubtleDoctor has enough on his plate to deal with something that quite honestly can be fixed by users quite easily, install only a single component from another mod that has it working.

Im sure Subtle would "prefer" we just used TnBs component that he has working than ask him to fix a rather redundant component in SoB. Hes not asking you to install all of TnB, only a single component. If you cant be arsed to do that then no offense but you clearly are being entitled.
    [Deleted User]
    All of this stuff relies on opcodes that are not present in the old engine. It will crash the game. Nothing I can do about it.

It’s called the old engine because it is old and busted. It just can’t do this the kind of stuff.

if that's the case, make that component unavailable for classical edition. Otherwise people gets confused

And if possible do not split the components around

Just make the stat revised bonus available from one single source, be it Scales of Balance or TnB
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
    edited October 2019
    I didn't read that in the readme. But... I can say you that when trying to install it on classical BG, the component appears amongst the ones that can be installed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @subtledoctor I believe @Etamin don't plan tu use TnB because it was not translated to Polish. I think he stated that he plans to install only mods that were translated to Polish and because of that he needed to gave up couple of great mods (like IR and SR).
    Etamin
    edited November 2019
    From ToB topic: (see here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1104816/#Comment_1104816)
    Arthas wrote: »
    Got it. Please merge both.

Uh, no?

They are different mods. They do different things. One is focused on arcane spellcasters, the other is focused on more fundamental game tweaks. They were created and published by two different modders.

I'm referring to the component Stat bonus overhaul, not the "mods" themselves.

What I mean is that for example, in Scales of Balance it is written that if you get int. 13 you get a bonus spell slots, but I don't think this actually happens.
    That's what I would like to see "merged"

All in all, I will just install both components and be done with it.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @subtledoctor
    Scales of Balance refused to install SBO for me, even after manual extraction and proper placement. This was likely the SoB component our family most wanted to use from this mod due to improving ability scores.

Reinstalling this manually while EET's installer was hanging on the error message didn't help like it did with certain other mods.

My Mod List - Attached to first post.

Errors:

IWO - All Potions Usable by Any Class (Scales of Balance) was installed successfully.
    WPO - Fighting Style Changes (Scales of Balance) was installed successfully.
    WPO - APR on Spec (Scales of Balance) was installed successfully.
    STO - Saving Throw Overhaul (Scales of Balance) was installed successfully.

ERROR: cannot convert kitids_num or %kitids_num% to an integer
    ERROR: [kitlist.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    SBO - Stat Bonus Overhaul (Scales of Balance) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
    again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent
    time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the
    program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    @subtledoctor Are there any major pending issues with SoB, T&B, M&G and F&P? Also, you were posting a new thread on a different forum, but I can't remember which one. Can you remind me, please?
  • shayloshaylo Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2020
    You mod causes for my problem in my polish version. Its change names of weapon styles. Here is my topic
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/78037/problem-with-profficiency-and-some-invalid-missing-things/p1?new=1
    Im sure its you because two things:
    Its appear after you mod, after only SETUP one module "Weapon Proficiency Overhaul (WPO): Overall Overhaul"

After that in some weapon styles i got only "...", when i check your language files and i found same texts (i mean there is ... in that lang file).
    Please fix it because with that i cannot play with fully your mod.

I show that problem in change proficienses from mod NPC_EE, but that problem also showing in character information etc., just whole places when we can see weapon style etc
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @shaylo I know that this mod changes "two weapon style" to "dual wield". If the mod doesn't support your language, that would probably case a text issue.
  • ZealZeal Member Posts: 5
    I wouldn't be surprised if this has been answered already, but I admit I shuddered at the thought of combing all 84 pages for the answer. How does the weapon proficiency modification affect imported characters from bgee to bg2ee if I only learned about this mod today and applied it to 2? I noticed that, if I made a new character in 2 I got a lot more points to spend than my imported character had despite being three levels lower (lvl 8 for new, imported was lvl 10 with enough exp to immediately lvl up to 11). Will this correct itself on a subsequent level up or is my imported character screwed? I finally completed a years old bgee save I just never got around to finishing with amazing stats and all the transferable items I wanted, so I'd love to continue rolling with it rather than making a new one.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Zeal Do you not have Scales installed on both games? IF not, yeah, you might have some wonky proficiencies.