Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited November 2019
    Sorry. There comes a point where enough is enough. A telling observation, made elsewhere: "Has anyone tried opening older threads there? It's a graveyard"

And even if you or I are not directly affected, there's something to be said for #solidarity.
    @subtledoctor
    Do you mean the “no re-load thread” or the “will I live long enough for this challenge”. Yeah they are loaded with untimely demises :D. No? Not them?

Joking aside, yes there has been bans. So it is. Bans for multiple accounts and flaming content. And some bans you may have found unjust.

But we are all humans, and we can only try our best. If you are not forced to leave, then stay and improve things you think are broken with the rest of us.

This forum has many advantages, and it is a valuable place for finding help - even for veteran modders (I see threads where I may understand every single word uttered but still can’t grasp their meaning).

Us newbies can help you with feedback on your mods and in general.

So please reconsider. Or at least take a hiatus and see if you at least can keep some channels open. No matter what: thank you for your mods, time and content.
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    GusindaWise_Grimwald
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I mean, there were repeated, public warnings over abusive posts. Its not like the person banned is some kind of martyr. The posts were actively toxic. Not someone you want to express "solidarity" with.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited November 2019
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    @ThacoBell I actually have no idea who you are talking about. And don’t want to discuss it in this thread.

Does the warrior feat thing ever happen to Charname? Or only joinable NPCs? I have a theory about what might be happening...

It happens to my charname. I am playing solo though, i don't have an idea about npcs.
    edited November 2019
    @subtledoctor Aw crud. I know I've seen it on an NPC, becuase it didn't happen to any of my charname's. But i can't recall who it was exactly. I"ll keep an eye out.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2019
    When I install FnP Multiclasses, I get duplicate spells in my spellbook on multiclassed characters. 2 turns into 4 at some point, and it memorizes more than once pushing other spells out of my slots when I click any of them. Pretty sure I'm getting spells from both classes or something.

Some more info... it happens when I remove and re-add them to the party. Only happens with multis of two classes that use the sphere system, like my Woodscout of Mielikki. All the duplicate spells from the start (all the spells both classes share from the sphere system, I think) get duplicated again and it pretty much breaks the character. I dropped them for scribing though, so I suppose it's avoidable!

Edit: actually happens on any class that uses the sphere system, not just multis.
    Post edited by MrBaquan on
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2019
    Also, multiclass shamans always fails to install, giving me "ERROR: error loading [might_and_guile/lib/d5_base.spl]" which seems weird considering I don't have that mod.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    What spells are in which spheres, and what do minor/major access mean?

Thankee!
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    @Endarire answers you seek are in the first post. you're welcome.
    Thankee!

How does this sphere system affect Sandrah from EET?
    edited December 2019
    Inquiry: What happened to the free action/freedom of movement spell? I didn't see it in the documentation, and it's a staple of divine casters in 2e/3e (A)D&D.

Request: A Shaman/Sorcerer multiclass kit for double spontanaeity!

Would a Cleric/Druid or Shaman/Cleric also be viable?

Thankee! (Extra thanks to @bob_veng for his reminding me to check the link on the first page for the spheres stats.)
    Post edited by Endarire on
  • XlatocXlatoc Member Posts: 59
    MrBaquan wrote: »
    Also, multiclass shamans always fails to install, giving me "ERROR: error loading [might_and_guile/lib/d5_base.spl]" which seems weird considering I don't have that mod.

@MrBraquan On that matter, download the Might and Guile mod, extract it just as if you waanted to instal it. However, you do not need to intall it !
    Just files being there is enough, you are free to go without Might and Guile installed :)
    edited December 2019
    ThacoBell
    No need, it's been fixed already

Confirmed, just tried, it's good :)

Thanks !
    Wise_Grimwald
    Noticed something : when installing Altered Weapon profiencies, the forest Druid gets Bows and lose Scimitar (for example), but that does not apply to the multiclassed druid, that are however based on the forest druid...Might be the same for other classes :)
    Question : do the new HLA come only with the sphere system or not ?
    I heard Druid/Sorcerer was possible with Tome and Blood and Faiths and Powers. How true is this? What races get this?

Thankee!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
    Ok so for some reason I can't get multiclass clerics to install and it is the last kit mod installed so I have no idea why it keeps failing at it. It keeps telling me that "can not convert new_class or %new_class% to an integer". Anyone know how to fix this?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    gohanf22 wrote: »
    Ok so for some reason I can't get multiclass clerics to install and it is the last kit mod installed so I have no idea why it keeps failing at it. It keeps telling me that "can not convert new_class or %new_class% to an integer". Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi gohanf22,

There should be a log that should be generated next to your exe. If you could share the contents of that file, it might help us figure out what went wrong.
    I too have great interest in having Multiclass Clerics work!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I am wanting to play a berserker dualled to a cleric.
    However when I dual there are virtually no spells available. Cure light wounds is all that there is.
    Is there any way to make all the spells available to her in the same way as the unmodded version?
    I'm resonably competant with EE Keeper.
    @Wise_Grimwald Dual classing isn't recommended with this, might and guile, or tome and blood. IIRC, sual classing was originally disabled because it borks with things.
    edited January 2020
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Wise_Grimwald Dual classing isn't recommended with this, might and guile, or tome and blood. IIRC, sual classing was originally disabled because it borks with things.
    Thanks. I have however found a workaround. I dual-classed and gave the character the cleric kit that I wanted in EE Keeper at level 0 so that when I levelled up, I got the spells. I then went back into EE Keeper and deleted the extra pips in proficiencies that I had and changed the kit back to berserker and got the innate spells that should have been there. The Watcher Spells remained. It has worked fine and am now up to level 7. The character is a level 7 Berserker/Level 5 Watcher of Helm. The only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't say that it is a Watcher of Helm. I can live with that. :) Having this mod installed forced me to have a cleric kit. That is fine by me.
    ThacoBellGrammarsalad
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    @Grammarsalad or @subtledoctor I installed the mod for the first time. I just picked up Quayle at the carnival in BGEE. He has cleric spell slots, but no cleric spells to choose from. I am assuming it is from this mod and the sphere system and there might be something I have to do to activate?
    @shylaman You need to chose a deity from the innate spell list. You might only get those spells upon levelling up. You should however have cure light wounds as an option currently. If you don't something is wrong.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    @Wise_Grimwald you were correct. I went into EE Keeper, lowered him to level 1 and then levels up and Bless and Cure Light Wounds showed up.

Also, @subtledoctor I tried a second save I did the choose kit and that loaded the entire list of spells. That may have been the step I was missing to "activate". I have a question about NPC_EE. I have a dwarves fighter/thief that I wanted to make a Fighter/Bounty Hunter, but it appears NPC_EE doesn't allow you to add a kit for the PC? I thought it could.

And on an unrelated note, it is my first time using Quayle. That voice set ....???
    edited January 2020
    shylaman