Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited October 2019
    @subtledoctor
    For such extra tp2 components, you need to keep the same 'weidu backup path' as your main mod and also ensure that DESIGNATED numbers are unique across all tp2 files.

That way, mod manager can install single component from the extra tp2 file. Otherwise, if someone would select only "Multiclass clerics", any kind of mod manager won't able to detect which 'mod resource folder' needs to be copied into game folder.
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    ALIEN wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @subtledoctor How does the install order work with Tome and Blood or Might and Guile? They all have multiclass kits too. Does Faiths need to be the last kit mod now?

Among other mods, it should look like:
    - TnB
    - FnP (if v78+, do not install last component)
    - MnG
    - FnP v78 last component

TBH honest this is not strictly necessary. Depends on each particular player's overall install. It's just best practice. In the future it's going to be the new normal, so might as well start getting used to it.

Eh, that seems kind of annoying.

Well, it's annoying because of the way how you install mods. Using a mod manager will save you :wink:

If I can ever your mod manager to work, sure. But it always fails to grab about half the mods in my mod folder, and then it doesn't show all the components from them to select.
    edited October 2019
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @subtledoctor
    For such extra tp2 components, you need to keep the same 'weidu backup path' as your main mod and also ensure that DESIGNATED numbers are unique across all tp2 files.

That way, mod manager can install single component from the extra tp2 file. Otherwise, if someone would select "Multiclass clerics" only, any kind of mod manager won't able to detect which 'mod resource folder' needs to be copied into game folder.

If Weidu executes /game_folder/mod/mod.tp2 and the backup goes to game_folder/mod/backup/... and then later Weidu executes /game_folder/mod_extra/mod_extra.tp2, and that backup goes to the same place, are we sure it won’t overwrite the earlier backup? The would of course be a major problem when uninstalling.

(EDIT - or is it the case that, because the mod_extra mod has a distinct DESIGNATED number, it just creates a new subfolder in the backup directory?)
    Yes, it's all about game_folder/mod/backup sub-folders. When DESIGNATED are unique, the backup path will have different 'backup sub-folders' which happens to be named as DESIGNATED. It's not a problem for weidu.
    edited October 2019
    If I can ever your mod manager to work, sure. But it always fails to grab about half the mods in my mod folder, and then it doesn't show all the components from them to select.
    That's first to hear. If that's the case, please send me zipped log folder and a screenshot of you extracted mods folder. A few mod names which fail to be recognized would also be helpful. And the language list from "Language order".
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @ALIEN if the multiclass "mod" is going to use the base mod's backup folder and .tpa files and such, why does the extra mod need its own folder at all? Can it simply be a bare .tp2 file?

For a couple of reasons:
    - polluting main game dir
    - old weidu scheme
    - tp2 inside main game dir has the last priority when it comes to launching them
    - problems when a mod manager need to copy such mods and also account for all 6 different weidu mod schemes in combination with 'infinite depth of folder with extracted mods' - can't really explain it without writing 2 pages of examples

Trust me, you don't want to use "tp2 inside main game dir" anymore.
    @subtledoctor Does the new release fix the issue of Bard kits not getting their bonus spells? The meistersinger's druid spells and the gallant's cleric spells specifically.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor Does the new release fix the issue of Bard kits not getting their bonus spells? The meistersinger's druid spells and the gallant's cleric spells specifically.

Wrong thread. But, wait about a day on MnG. Maybe a little more or less.

Oops, sorry about that. The divine spells the kits get must have thrown me off.
    edited October 2019
    @subtledoctor What about getting some dragon deities in? Bahamut or Tiamat would be interesting. Maybe a champion of them would take on some characteristics of a Dragon Disciple, but in warrior flavor.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Despite your misgivings, I root for a Correlon kit.
    edited October 2019
    I didn't know DR was compatible.
    Cool. Do they get specific sphere access?
    edited October 2019
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    It's more paladin/champion kits that I am more interested in. I don't think that there are many around other than those in F n P. :(
  • IvanKaramazovIvanKaramazov Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2019
    The new system seems great so far! I'm sure a ton of work went into this.

I've noticed a couple bugs / oddities, all on IWDEE. A freshly created Alaghor of Clangeddin doesn't get any of its innate abilities, both at level 1 or at the appropriate level-ups. Also, something is bugged with the Mystic Warriors (or at least the Fire Mystic Warrior, which is the only one I've tried). The fire resistance doesn't work (though it does on single class Fire Mystics). As far as I can tell, the Mystic Warrior is not getting the occasional fire damage either (didn't check the single class on this). Oddly, the Fire Mystic Warrior acquires all 4 elemental shifting abilities at a certain level, whereas the Fire Mystic never acquires any innate abilities at all. The description for either class doesn't make it clear if shifting forms are supposed to be available or not. Finally, the thief/priest multis now can't actually choose skill point distributions at character creation and so can't be used.

All that said, for some reason the sphere system failed to install for me, which I expect I messed up somehow since others are using it. I can't imagine that would cause any of the above though?

EDIT: I think this is the relevant part regarding the sphere system failure
    ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [book09.itm] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Install sphere system], rolling back to previous state
    Post edited by IvanKaramazov on
    edited November 2019
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited November 2019
    @subtledoctor Regarding the skill points issue with cleric/thief kits, it's most likely because the parameter "thiefscl" wasn't specified in ADD_KIT_EX. As a result the source kit's row is cloned instead (since source kit takes precedence over the parent class), which doesn't work in this case.
    edited November 2019
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    No, WeiDU functions do not work that way. You have to specify the parameters in any case, or they are overridden by the function's default value. If a variable of the same name has already been initialized then you can simply add it without further assignment:
    AF ADD_KIT_EX
      INT_VAR
        kit_class   = %new_class%
        mixed       = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~%new_mixed%~)
      STR_VAR
        source_kit  = EVAL ~%sc_kit%~
        kit_name    = EVAL ~%new_name%~
        base_class  = EVAL ~%new_base_class%~
        clab_path   = EVAL ~override/%new_clab%.2da~
        dualclas    = ~0 0 0 0 0 0~
        kittable    = EVAL ~%new_kittable%~
        hpclass     = EVAL ~%hit_dice%~
        weapprof    = EVAL ~%new_weapprof%~
        thiefscl
        traplimt
        thiefskl
        backstab
        sneakatt
        crippstr
    END

• IvanKaramazovIvanKaramazov Member Posts: 14
    @subtledoctor Here you go, let me know if I did anything wrong.

Regarding the Mystic Warrior, I had the same problems on a previous install pre-dating the changes to kits you began in October. Unfortunately I nuked the install and can't be certain but I'm pretty sure it would have been .77.02.
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
    Does this mean that Aerie is a singleclass cleric now?
    edited November 2019