Skip to content

[MOD] Balduran's Seatower - Early Access Open Beta!

jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
edited December 2020 in BG:EE Mods
Balduran's Seatower - A Quest Mod for Baldur's Gate, presented to you by the BS Company!

Citizens of Baldur's Gate!
I am happy to announce the opening of the Balduran's Seatower to the public! Citizens are now able to take a stroll through the famous seatower founded by our city's namesake Balduran!
Construction is still ongoing, and there are rumors about things not being quite as they seem to be. There will be many quests waiting for the fearless adventurer!
  • Find a missed monk who vanished with the Ilmater's alms for the poor!
  • Help a soldier's brother who got into trouble with smugglers... and more!
  • Protect the Seatower Commander against a doppelganger invasion!
  • Follow the stray Sahuagin into the secret tunnel and explore the sea cave beneath the tower!
  • Anger the drowned spirit in the well!
  • Get a pot of ale from the cook. All who laugh about this quest wait until they've met her!
  • Help Inn master Roryn to catch all 11 rabbits inside the tavern!

Many names contains the list of hardworking builders who contributed in the past as well as right now to make the area available to the public!
Let us give the building team a cheer and wish them good luck and good success to finish up this historical place at the south western end of the Docks District!

Download the Early Access Open Beta!
(The Early Access Open Beta has approximately 50% of the planned content which can be played without any loose ends. It is directly compatible with BGT, BG:EE w/o SoD, and EET. If you need the Worldmap for other mods, install it after BST and use the current 10.2.6. You can play from a previous save if it is from before entering BG city for the first time. In this case, the Seatower will not show on your worldmap but is accessible through a direct travel link from the south west corner of the docks.
Have a look at the readme to see a list of the available quests - but don't spoil yourself too much! Everything starts by entering the Seatower area.)

Visit here for more information!
Enter here to cheer, talk about, and await the opening in anticipation!

9gmzgn070vvm.jpg

Promotion artwork and trailer by Acifer!
Baldur's Gate and Flaming Fist coat of arms by @Buttercheese / TariToons: www.deviantart.com/taritoons
Post edited by jastey on
StummvonBordwehrEekanImpDoubledimasAbelbob_vengButtercheeseLudwig_IIartificial_sunlightLavaDelVortelIseweinMantis37JuliusBorisovWithinAmnesiaPermidion_StarkAedanAaeightGusindaDjinnVasculioBrokenkatanamegamike15GrammarsaladPeccaAaemforeverGorionixxiaoleiwenAllanon81_DD_Zaghoul

Comments

• Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    Looks very cool. If you need people to help with testing and looking for bugs during the beta phase, I'm happy to help.
    Permidion_Starkjastey
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Sir_Garrick thank you!
    I'll defnitely make a call for testers here once we reach open beta.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    Good luck! Can't wait to play it when it is released.
    jasteyAcifer
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited December 2019
    This is great! I am so happy to see this progress:-D! Go go go!
    I have made more areas made for this project and at the time I was trying to re-do the area art and drama ensued but I made a dragon encounter cave and a sea cave and a beholder layer:
    sea_cave_dungeon_area_level_one__w_i_p__003__by_withinamnesia_ddcxznz-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Mzg0MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwMGVkMWQyLWFjYzYtNGQ5Mi1hNzNlLWZkZTA5MjZjZDkwY1wvZGRjeHpuei1iZWE5NWI1YS0xZmQwLTRjYmMtYjczNi00YjcyMTc3YmE4YWIucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTUxMjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.tmJfln6_N2gFkhSO_ZAf0kUn5XYQVvBEZCHYGNXuHkg
    Seacave that leads into the Dragon lair.
    ddcv6go-dcb76e43-7420-4974-8792-d32ee98e0290.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwMGVkMWQyLWFjYzYtNGQ5Mi1hNzNlLWZkZTA5MjZjZDkwY1wvZGRjdjZnby1kY2I3NmU0My03NDIwLTQ5NzQtODc5Mi1kMzJlZTk4ZTAyOTAucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.oKAWhOV5ww6ewQ4y-5h_IBxxEa95AiFuQpGtM5CYxPg
    The Dragon lair.
    ddcnxdy-94b87a96-7aee-4229-9f52-098a6934bf72.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwMGVkMWQyLWFjYzYtNGQ5Mi1hNzNlLWZkZTA5MjZjZDkwY1wvZGRjbnhkeS05NGI4N2E5Ni03YWVlLTQyMjktOWY1Mi0wOThhNjkzNGJmNzIucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.EdF_UrfTJYlPfYvQc-S7wGIbh0jQ6yWfqjuV_BRCReo
    A Mind Flayer / Beholder lair (separate yet related area).

Anyway I am happy that this is healthy and strong. This is great news!

I also tried to remodel the castle but I ran out of motivation and time and I focused on building a house / my own RPG.
    balduran_s_sea_tower__redesign_w_i_p__17__by_withinamnesia_ddj2l7x-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Mzg0MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwMGVkMWQyLWFjYzYtNGQ5Mi1hNzNlLWZkZTA5MjZjZDkwY1wvZGRqMmw3eC1iOTU2MDI5Yy1kNzg5LTRmZGQtYjA4Ni1mMDg1NjljNDQ4NmYuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTUxMjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.xy_NbK7mpZj-d2HYf-97rk4B401hJLDWLREBXGXUVN0
    As one can see it was not very polished. This version was from October 25th. https://www.deviantart.com/withinamnesia/art/Balduran-s-Sea-Tower-Redesign-W-I-P-17-818093805 . Your castle looks amazing though! I hope that it gets a lot of love and polish XD!

To be honest I was kind of bummed out that by Christmas I could not work more and deliver large amounts of progress on this project; as I am building my house. A lot of my time has taken a lot of my time has been eaten up by construction and I think I might just barely be able to release my Arms and Armour Emporium module with a core of magical item upgrades and and a few encounters by Christmas.

Then I found out that the project is well and healthy and that people can really enjoy the Sea Tower of Balduran! This really made myself happy to see so much work put into this and a proper trailer!

Wow having a nice trailer for this area is like a dream I had for this project; it would be so cool to see a proper area cut-scene for the Sea Tower of Balduran:-D! Yet I did not have the strength in such a time to do everything; I am not a great 3D artist either XD. Yet I can make good area art:-D! I can still fix the funky bridge transition if you like XD. Although if you have a new model that is even better XD!

Thank you very much for working on this @jastey and everyone else; this is such a cool project and I hope that the community really enjoys playing this in the future:-D!
    @WithinAmnesia
    After how you behaved in regard to this mod, please have the decency to not post in this thread again.
    StummvonBordwehrAciferAngulimala
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    This is amazing! I will definitely translate it once it is out - thank you, guys!
    Aciferjastey
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    jastey wrote: »
    @WithinAmnesia
    After how you behaved in regard to this mod, please have the decency to not post in this thread again.

Not knowing the context, his post there seemed innocent enough, this reaction seems excessive. Perhaps he's in his own way trying to say sorry for whatever he did.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    @WithinAmnesia

Not knowing the context, his post there seemed innocent enough, this reaction seems excessive. Perhaps he's in his own way trying to say sorry for whatever he did.

I think it's more fair if we don't make any judgements without knowing the context.

Back on topic, I'm extremely excited about this mod. Baldur's Gate 2 has quite a few very well made quest mods, but Baldur's Gate 1 is definitely lacking them. So I'm very happy that we will have this one in the future for Baldur's Gate 1. Can't wait to play it.
    Mantis37jasteyAedanIsewein
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited December 2019
    @WithinAmnesia

I think the post was quite appropriate, and I appreciate Jasteys effort to put her justified consternation a side.

The background story is laid out in this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71447/baldurs-gate-arms-and-armour-emporium Things could be easily handled if consent of usage was given - and best before one started to use content or artwork of others.

I use mods, and I am truly great full for all the hard work and free time people have put into all this free content. Please keep it up folks! If the said modders ask for respect for their work as it was intended and consent if you want to use it, I think it is a small boon to ask - and one that always should be respected.

Edit: ninjaed by Jastey.
    Ps. Thanks for keeping it low key :)
    jasteyPermidion_StarkAcifer
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    I still hope to see this some day.
    Iseweinjastey
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Miridor wrote: »
    I still hope to see this some day.

it's only been a year. you act like this was announced in like 2012.
    jastey
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Good luck with finishing the project, this is one Im looking forward to. I nearly downloaded the mod years ago, before I realised that the mod out there on the internet isn't the official mod (I did realise pretty quickly obv). There's no modding code of ethics out there, but it should be common sense.... can you alter other people's mods? - of course; can you steal assets from other games and other people's work - go for it; can you complete other people's mods without permission - yep. Can you then share any of that on the internet? - obviously not. Case closed.
    jasteyStummvonBordwehrAciferLavaDelVortel
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @fluke13
    There have been various versions of a Baldur's Sea Tower mod over the years. WithinAmnesia made a version with Roxanne that released this year or last year that also included WithinAmnesia's Baldur's Gate Emporium mod.
    edited November 2020
    Endarire wrote: »
    There have been various versions of a Baldur's Sea Tower mod over the years.
    I'm sure you can provide links to those various different Seatower mods you are mentioning. As I see it there are exactly two: the original one still being worked on, and the area ripp-off by Roxanne via WithinAmnesia.
    EDIT: And no, I was not asking for a link to Roxanne's area ripp-off.

LavaDelVortelAcifer
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited November 2020
    So if I may wrap it up:

1) Yes, there has been one other version of the mod,
    2) and yes it was made by Withinamnesia,
    3) the said mod used artwork without the manufactors consent,
    4) it may or may not have broken any laws, but is considered a violation by most people,
    5) so in the eyes of most people there is only one Seatower mod and it is still in the making,
    6) and we will rejoice once it is ready - the artwork is explicit.

Just to avoid further misunderstandings... and heated arguments..

Ps. And if one must know: I agree with most people.
    LavaDelVorteljasteyAcifer
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    That looks absolutely amazing!
    StummvonBordwehrjastey
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Huzzah!
    StummvonBordwehrjastey
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    Ahh! This looks so cool!
    jastey
    Thanks @LavaDelVortel for your work and superiour BAM art for this mod!
    AciferStummvonBordwehr
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    That was just a tiny portion of help, but it's you who's been shaping that big mod! I bet everyone on the team is super happy that we could contribute somehow! :) Cheers!
    jasteyAciferStummvonBordwehrIsewein
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Well damn, with The Balduran's Seatower and The Shades of Sword Coast I need to seriously update my EET modlist. Great work to eneryone involving in the making of this gem!
    Ludwig_IIIseweinjastey
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Amazing news. Like Cahir said, with these 2 mods, a new playthrough is a must now. Thank you so much to everyone involved. Best Christmas gifts.
    jastey