Skip to content

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BG:EE (and BGT and EET) - Download

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2019
    I had hoped you would tell me they are all clones like in the bandit camp, or any encounter you have in BG.

Wouldn't it be easier to make a substitute .cre with the proper levelling? Also shouldn't Bg automatically define their hp according to the level?

I checked the bandit.cre for vanilla bandits (I supposed to one you encounter in the ambushes) and they are all mere fighters and their hp doesn't seem to be added manually but actually done in game. Am I wrong?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited July 2019
    Out of curiosity: who of you played the inside temple with the most current version? Because the number of enemies and how many have these arrows was nerfed (depending on game difficulty).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 2019
    If you look at the GitHub repo, Angel (?) wanted to nerf some of the fights / tanar'ri as well but I can't remember whether that was alteady done or not.
    I apologize, RL is hitting hard atm.
  • BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    It looks like the GitHub download for 3.1.1 is missing the setup command files.
    Did you download the attached zips from the release?
    The master / GitHub itself does not contain the setup.exe, but the attached mod packages do.
    I went to the releases tab, v3.1.1 and then the source code zip.
    Indeed! Seems there are no packages attached.
    Just take another setup-mod.exe, copy it and rename it to setup-NTotSC.exe.
    Brokenkatana
    Thank you. Installs fine now.
    Thanks for the info! I will add the packages, the latest with the next update.
    Brokenkatana
    So...

1) should I install the mod and go for it?

2) Were both Angel and Subtledoctor fix for npcs and mobs added in the end?

3) Does the mod re-use areas ?

StummvonBordwehrArthasIsewein
    @subtledoctor thank you
    The GitHub repo of NTotSC moved to the Official SHS GitHub Organization. ( @Gwendolyne is still setting everything up so official announcement will follow).
    Also, GitHub now contains mod packages for Windows, Mac, Linux.
    StummvonBordwehrfluke13
    Actually maurezhi would work really well here. They are intelligent, they are at BG1 power levels (5HD). And they "bear a strong resemblance to a common ghoul" - so could just use a ghoul animation with some recoloring effects. Give them the ghast weapon that paralyzes on a failed save, and a fighter/mage combat script, and the following memorized spells: Blur, Spook, Chill Touch, Animate Dead, Hold Person, Invisibility, and Summon Ghouls. They're supposed to be at-will abilities so maybe apply Wondrous Recall every so often. That should make for interesting and dangerous combat!

(...) I would maybe change the area to just include, say, six maurezhi. Make it so they swarm - no picking off one at a time - and maybe have a few of them start off invisible.

If anyone wants to provide the cre's with learned spells and scripts as described by @subtledoctor I'll include it into the mod.

For the next update, the Lesser Tanar'ri are nerfed heavily with regard to HP (60/80), STR (20 instead of 25), no resistance to damage except magical (50%), Invisible Stalker only spawn for HARDEST/INSANE game difficulty.
    Haebal now is an altered clone of Ramazith and should have legal stats, resistances, and most of all mage class to be detected by SCS properly.

The orcs are generic BGII ones with added BGII mage/priest spells so no idea why they did not attack with magic.
    There are more nerfs, bugfixes, and a completed Italian version by ilot, too. Just wanted to reply to the raised topics. Thank you again for bug reports and feedback!

StummvonBordwehrbob_veng
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehrjastey
    I just did them myself as I saw fit.

This mod is a community effort, and I am always open to improvements. If anyone disagrees with my changes, feel free to suggest and provide better versions. I am saying this in all honesty and without subtle meaning.
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Now that you say Jastey, I have one feedback. Last time I played this mod(1-2 years ago), there was a red robe for mages, which I dont remember the name. But it was giving the lowest AC possible for mages and a lot of regeneration as far as I remember. I thought it was much more powerful than any other item for mages in BG1, and I think it needed to be nerfed massively or removed. Have you got a chance to nerf that too?
    Isewein
    @Ludwig_II That robe seems to have been removed. The only robes and cloaks still in the current version are:
    Ogi-Luc's Great Robe:
    This robe was fashioned from strong fabric and dyed dark blue, the favorite color of its proud owner, the archmage Ogi-Luc. A Sembian by birth, Ogi-Luc was a powerful man, as strong in body as he was in mind. However, Ogi-Luc wasn't content to merely be strong. He wanted to be exceptionally strong. When he put on these robes, proud men stood aside and braggarts stilled their tongues. For all of Ogi-Luc's pride and prowess, he was unable to defeat the Red Wizard abjurer Nesk Vhaltim. Nesk took the robes as a prize. They were later stolen and sold by a daring rogue.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 4
    Special: Grants 18/99 Strength, +2 to Con
    Weight: 5
    Only Usable By:
    Mage (Single Class)

Orc Shaman's Cloak:
    Orcish shamans often made their clothes with poor materials fixed with leather parts so they are eyesore, heavy and regularly are not the top interest for adventurers, although they possess many advantages.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class Bonus: 2
    Electricity, Fire and Cold Resistance: +40%
    Charisma penalty: -5
    Weight: 35
    Not Usable By:
    Good-aligned

Cloak of Scintillating Colors:
    The origins of this cloak were lost in the mists of time. However, for some time it was in the possession of Drosus, a mage of no small power from Waterdeep. Drosus fell afoul to an unusually large group of winter wolves on a solo expedition into the Spine of the World Mountains, having been forced to don a heavier cloak to keep out the cold.
    At first glance this cloak appears to be blinding white in color. However, it is in fact a composite of thousands of colors, which dance and play in any available light source. This barrage of scintillating colors tends to distract and partially blind anyone staring directly at the wearer.

STATISTICS:

The cloak grants a +2 bonus to Armor Class and can be worn in combination with any other form of protection enchantment - thus it can be worn over magical armor unlike a cloak of protection.
    Armor Class: +2 bonus
    Weight: 3
    Not Usable By:
    Wizardslayer
    StummvonBordwehrLudwig_II
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Well since we are at it....
    I have always loved the mod, and I very glad that it’s being maintained. Thanks for your hard work.

Regarding the mod and feedback: I find it very balanced and fun, but I have always missed a manual of dex or con as loot. But then again I always miss a tome or manual...
    @ArthasII Shilo Chen was never part of NTotSC BGT. There are traces about it (some cre file etc.), but it wasn't implemented.

@StummvonBordwehr Thanks for the kind words. I am afraid adding a tome or manual as loot is not really content of the mod, though.
    This sounds like an idea for your first own mod though: adding another tome inside the game... :p
    StummvonBordwehrIsewein
    Not that I know of.
    [Deleted User]
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Lesser Tanar'ri... Was that what Aec Letec was supposed to be?
    Aec'Letec is a Tanar'ri I think (not "lesser").
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    he's a named balor basically, with slightly nerfed stats across the board, and unique abilities

ntotsc "lesser tanar'ri" are derived from aec'letec i think and are also close to a balor, but the problem is they are not "lesser" according to their stats, but rather "greater".

a lore friendly alternative with an existing CRE would be nabassu ("greater tanar'ri"), who have the same demon animation and very similar stats to jastey's post nerf demons. in BG2EE those are OBSDEM05.CRE - Nabassu (beamdog version), and DEMNAB01.CRE - Nabassu (original version)
    StummvonBordwehr
    I was thinking of changing the "lesser Tanarri" of NTotSC to "Nabassu Fledgelings" with 1x Darkness and 1x Death Gaze but changing the name would require also tweaking of all lines referring to them.
    Isewein[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrbob_veng
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    The mod updates to version 3.2.0 with minor bug fixes, more tuned down fights, and a revised Italian version by ilot, and a revised Polish version by Roberciiik!

Changes:
    -Completed and revised Italian version by ilot
    -Completed and revised Polish version by Roberciiik
    -Map Note to Fire Leaf Forest added (entrance to pass to Cloud Peak)
    -Map Note added to AR80PB.are (Entrance to Cave)
    -description of Shocking Flail adjusted to real stats
    -Draagis' staff should have correct damage effect
    -all keys tagged as keys so they fit into the key chain
    -Nadalin recognizes whether he brought PC to island before (should not give his first dialogue every time after quest is finished)
    -AR9001.are: trap at desk should be removable/reachable
    -AR25PB.are: removed original fire slamander references, also from dialogues (replaced with mod ones)
    -journal entry for elven bow will also be added if PC gets quest without any of the items already in inventory
    -assigned fighting script to Demon Knights (should not stand idle)
    -nerved fire slamander fight: for level PC lower 4 or game difficulty lower NORMAL, number of fire slamander will be halved.
    -nerved fire slamanders: less HP, no immunity to nonmagical weapons, less damage
    -Lesser Tanar'ri nerved: lower XP, immunity to slashing, crishing, piercing set to 0, nerfed Tanar'ri spell script.
    -fight with Lesser Tanar'ri nerved: number of Lesser Tanar'ri depending in game difficulty
    -removed elven chain mail +1 from Haebal
    -Haebal cre nerfed and corrected: is now mage with legal stats
    -Hasdar cre nerfed: has now legal amount of HP
    -nerved Knights of the Grave: reduced HP, nerved undroppable flame blade
    -monster count in AR02PB reduced depending on game difficulty. For INSANE, all monsters will still be there.
    -DSotSC ressources: Holy Water effect should work on undead, Holy Water can be bought in almost all Temples.
    -put a note into the readme that Will is a rather silent NPC.
    -German version: corrected description of Studded Leather of Resistance
    -German version: effects description of Armor of Black Swan corrected

@ArthasII the following compnents are restored "unfinished" game content:
    --Keelor the Dwarf
    --Pilar and Gheldehar
    --Nim Furlwing
    --Llindellyn's Lucky Arrow
    --Svlast's Torment

And yes, the key changes are for compatibility. The items were flagged as something else before, now they will be recognized as "keys" ingame.
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]bob_vengGusinda