Skip to content

Introducing the NWN:EE Development branch

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Development Build 8191

On a side note, as we're uploading a new build, the Beamdog Client issue should be fixed (hopefully).
    Calgacusdunahan
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited October 2019
    I'm pleasantly surprised this morning that finally the development version downloaded! And a new build too!!

The other DLCs are still timing out though so I hope the client is further fixed to avoid that.
    nivJuliusBorisovdunahan
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    @JuliusBorisov
    I'm Glad to see you got the BD client working (I was having the same issue, but good now)
    I also glad you guys implemented my splash screen override into the main system (including the overlay of Neverwinter nights Enhanced edition words that I suggested)
    New default splash
    oeavrcybi1tu.jpg

With custom image (custom button set up too)
    yhmhvqe5ecoz.jpg

Link to discussion on this.
    LINK

dunahan
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @ShadowM I have asked around, it looks like we didn't use your splash screen override, it was all our stuff.
    dunahan
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Convergent evolution mayhap?

TR
    VivienneL
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Sorry, I did not mean assets. I was thinking of the idea, but maybe it was just a coincidences that I released it and then it was in the next beta patch. Oh well.
    JuliusBorisovVivienneL
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    @JuliusBorisov The download today finished without probs. Got dev 8191, yeah!
    Thanks for solving my problem!
    JuliusBorisovVivienneL
    edited October 2019
    One question about Dev Version 8189 till 8191.

I'm used to zip the dir from the beamdog library folder and take them to work. With the latest stable there's no problem to start the main.exe, but it won't start the main from the dev versions. Tried it with version 8189 to 8191.
    It shows, beware german, following message:
    2e26ehsl35up.png

It says simply, the program could not be correctly started because of the error 0xc000007b. It only affects the main.exe.

At home, it works flawlessly with my Win10 Home. At work with Win10 Enterprise the dev main.exe wouldn't even start. I also copied my settings.tml from home to work, set up everything like at home, dunno what to do next...
    Did someone encounter that problem too?
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    edited October 2019
    dunahan wrote: »
    One question about Dev Version 8189 till 8191.
    Testing might have stopped short to be conclusive, but nwn went 64-bit as of build 8188. Any chance your work computer is still a 32-bit operating system while at home you are on a 64-bit OS?
    dunahanJuliusBorisov
    Could it be that you bought it on your home machine and the work machine doesn't match? Unless you bought it from GOG there may be DRM in NWMain.exe.

TR
    dunahanJuliusBorisov
    Work computer is still a 32-bit operating system while at home you are on a 64-bit OS?

Checked that right now and both computers are 64 bit OS. But didn't forsee that. Thanks for the reminder!
    Bought it on your home machine and the work machine doesn't match? TR

You're right, I bought it on my home computer and transferred it to my work station (it's massively faster and I got two 27' monitors there). But what I don't understand yet, why my stable version (also zipped and transferred) does work. Took the stable and dev versions from BD, although I bought it from all the other sites too.

Searching for the error number, doesn't quite help... There are many answer's for it, but most of them say, get in touch with the studio you got it from or reinstall it. Okay, a new installation isn't possible at work, so I'm asking here, if someone did/had the same "problem".

At least I can wait for the dev version to get to stable, but I'm thrilled what can I do with the dev, to get my old PW to EE :wink:
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    @dunahan Try installing OpenAL just to rule that out: https://www.openal.org/downloads/
    JuliusBorisovdunahan
    edited October 2019
    niv wrote: »
    Try installing OpenAL just to rule that out:

I'll give it a try, but I don't think that I can install it. :(
    But I saw the dll residing in the dev folder. Is there by chance, any other way to get the OpenAL to run without installing?
    As example, add the path to it in the registry?

Edit: As I thought, I couldn't run the installer due missing admin rights :(
    Post edited by dunahan on
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    You know what would be awesome today ... a new dev build for the weekend.

Anyone with me? Lets take up the chant....

DEV BUILD, DEV BUILD, DEV BUILD
    Sorry, everyone is so busy on the console build at the moment.
    dunahan
    edited December 2019
    I see an 8193 dev build is out on PC - in single player mode it has a NWSync option on the Options menu that when pressed blocks the rest of the menu with no way to dismiss it.
    Also crashes when loading a premade char into HotU with weird log:
    nwsync: reconfigured successfully
    *** ValidateGFFResource sent by user.
    GOG: Authentication failed: 1
    [Tue Dec  3 01:17:46]Server Starting Up: 10 Second Heartbeat logging has been disabled
    NWSQLite::Migrations: C:\Users\me\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\database\aielund_db.sqlite3: Applying migration: schema
    CampaignDB: Migrating AIELUND_DB to sqlite.
    CampaignDB: Migrated 0 entries in AIELUND_DB from old CodeBase file format. Old files left in place.
    SQL ERROR: [1] no such table: meta in "select value from meta where key = 'import_done'" while executing (unknown)

I am playing from the Beamdog client, not GOG, nor am I playing Aielund.

Similar crash when trying to load another random mod:
    nwsync: reconfigured successfully
    GOG: Authentication failed: 1
    [Tue Dec  3 01:24:43]Server Starting Up: 10 Second Heartbeat logging has been disabled
    SQL ERROR: [1] no such table: meta in "select value from meta where key = 'import_done'" while executing (unknown)

I'm gonna guess this dev build slipped out - seems there is a retail build out too though...

..... and now I see the patch notes up on steam - ok you released a dev build RC and then less than 3 hours later the major release. After removing all my old db files I can load a module now.
    Post edited by Calgacus on
    I played a few minutes of HotU in the new dev build, then saved and reloaded - crash:
    Could not load the Module.
    Could not unpack the module..
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    I can't load any games new or saved.

The Beamdog Client encountered an error trying to run Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (Development). Please contact Beamdog support and mention exit code: 3
    Playing the new 8193 retail version via Steam I can play, save and load PotSC -- YAY!! on both PC and Mac.

@NeverwinterWights did you try moving all your old database files into a temp subfolder?
    NeverwinterWights
    edited December 2019
    I can't load any games new or saved.

The Beamdog Client encountered an error trying to run Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (Development). Please contact Beamdog support and mention exit code: 3

Please try to install a live stable version anew.
    I am actually extremely fed up with the Beamdog client. It used to be quite reliable updating the game but for the last year or so it's become a pain to the point where whenever there's an update I dread it because I know I won't be able to play for a couple of days while the client is doing its thing. I always backup the game beforehand too just in case. Today I've been stuck for the last half hour on 217.90MB remaining @0 B/s as usual like the last couple of times.
    I honestly feel that Beamdog forced me to go on steam which I didn't want to do and it's actually easier to download from there.
    NOT COOL Beamdog.9lbnyere4y1w.png
    @VivienneL The Client absolutely has its problems. I see you're trying to download the development build. Try to download the stable version.
    VivienneL
    @VivienneL The Client absolutely has its problems. I see you're trying to download the development build. Try to download the stable version.

Thank you! I'm downloading both versions and now suddenly it started downloading.
    JuliusBorisov
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Calgacus wrote: »
    Playing the new 8193 retail version via Steam I can play, save and load PotSC -- YAY!! on both PC and Mac.

@NeverwinterWights did you try moving all your old database files into a temp subfolder?

This seems to have fixed my problem. Just renamed my database folder and the game created a new empty one. Both Steam retail and Beamdog client developer versions seem to be working fine.
  • flamesseflamesse Member Posts: 1
    Sherincall wrote: »
    @VivienneL You can fix the linux version with:
    // nwn-fix.c
    // compile:
    //         gcc -fPIC -shared -o nwn-fix.so nwn-fix.c
    // run:
    //         LD_PRELOAD=./nwn-fix.so ./nwmain
    #define _GNU_SOURCE 1
    #include <dlfcn.h>
    #include <string.h>
    char *dirname(char *path)
    {
        static char * (*original)(char*);
        if (!original) original = dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "dirname");
        return original(strdup(path));
    }

hello, i have a problem with the latest patch, the server im playing on is having problems transfering to it, so theyve reverted the server on the previous patch, saying theres some problems only beamdog can fix, so untill then...theyve asked players to ''roll back your patch''...how would i do that?!? i mention that im running nwn ee on linux mint tara, and im a total noob at using the terminal... x_x. thanks in advance
    Seems you may be a little premature @JuliusBorisov. Doesn't seem to be available just yet (I double checked).

TR
    Got it now.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    In the latest Development build, the toolset About info still says something line “Game Version 1.79 Toolset vfs78” - is that by design? It seems the same as Retail but the patch notes say the toolset has been updated?