Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Arvia wrote: »
    When they get stuck like that, I wouldn't have any problems using ctrl J.
    Having said that sqishy Npcs of mine have died due to that bug in my current game and I've lived with it.
    I only survived because Charname was my tank.

I have never used the console before. I guess it's time to get used to it, because I'm starting to use more mods, so it's more likely that I'm going to encounter more bugs, too...

I think you have to do what makes sense. After all, the idea is to play a game as close to reality as possible without feeling like you've cheated or been cheated. My last PC died on something ridiculously dumb at the Ducal Palace but this time I kept that in mind. I think you play like I do, where realism is important. Don't give that up over dumb stuff - but always remember - a Nereid will kiss your PC to death. :neutral:
    StromaelArviaCrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    but always remember - a Nereid will kiss your PC to death. :neutral:

The EE introduced the possibility of talking to her without suffering a fatal kiss o:).
    ArviaCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Arvia wrote: »
    When they get stuck like that, I wouldn't have any problems using ctrl J.
    Having said that sqishy Npcs of mine have died due to that bug in my current game and I've lived with it.
    I only survived because Charname was my tank.

I have never used the console before. I guess it's time to get used to it, because I'm starting to use more mods, so it's more likely that I'm going to encounter more bugs, too...

I think you have to do what makes sense. After all, the idea is to play a game as close to reality as possible without feeling like you've cheated or been cheated. My last PC died on something ridiculously dumb at the Ducal Palace but this time I kept that in mind. I think you play like I do, where realism is important. Don't give that up over dumb stuff - but always remember - a Nereid will kiss your PC to death. :neutral:

Since version 2.5 she only leaves you unconscious with 1 HP. That's good, because I don't like to send someone else ahead to talk to suspicious strangers. That's my job.
    CharlestonianTemplarAerakarCrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Keep it up, and don't get complacent!
    BlackravenCharlestonianTemplar
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited December 2019
    @Blackraven Sad about Ansgar and company. :'(
    It sounds as if that battle is well designed by the writers so that the dispell magic comes when it is most effective! The ideal of course would be to have it cast at different points in the battle on a random basis so that you cannot plan ahead as much. That of course would make the programming much more time-consuming.

I like the portrait of Kivan. I haven't seen that one before, probably because I haven't had him in my party for years. (Pre EE)

I presumed Emily is from a mod since I have never met her, and as a result of googling her found four other NPC mods that I hadn't previously heard of. Please let us know what you think of her.

I think that you could have had Sirene as an Inquisitor. That is the install that I use, as it makes her more versatile.
    The true sight and dispell magic are both useful too. In my opinion more useful than immunity to poison which can be gained with green scrolls if/when needed. I presume that you knew all that already though.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    CrevsDaakCharlestonianTemplar
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Ramazith should be in his tower even if you didn´t speak with him about the nymph. When you enter, he will run upstairs where you can normally fight him.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    velehal wrote: »
    Ramazith should be in his tower even if you didn´t speak with him about the nymph. When you enter, he will run upstairs where you can normally fight him.

Interesting. I haven't found any definitive info about what's supposed to happen. Beamdog representative @Balquo states in this older thread that Ramazith isn't supposed to be around if you've already freed Abela, because then he can't give you his quest anymore.

When Ronja entered Ramazith's tower she saw the mage for a split second but then he disappeared, and she didn't find him upstairs.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    In my last playthrought I killed him and I didn´t speak with him before freeing the nymph. I had the latest version of EE without SoD + some mods (SCS, UB, NPC Project but nothing that should change his behaviour).
    BlackravenCharlestonianTemplar

• So then we go to Watcher's Keep and resurrect her - and she immediately died and dropped her armor. So then I resurrected her and the MOMENT I PUT ON HER ARMOR, she died again!!! Finally it dawns on me what is going on - the orcish armor has a CHA penalty -and that is killing Sarah! Here's her character sheet.

And here I thought Khaleesi (Sarah) was pretty hot. Good save. :)

CrevsDaakStummvonBordwehr