Skip to content

Famous Quotes and laws of reality...

Comments

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    “Ideas are completely, completely, completely worthless unless you execute against those ideas. And you can sit here and tell me what your “purpose” is, but unless you go and execute against it, it is not different than an idea, which is completely useless without fundamental execution.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
    mlneveseMontresor_SPProont
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    "What did father use to say? Everything before the word "but" is horse s***."

- Jon Snow
    Balrog99Proontmlnevese
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited November 2019
    DragonKing wrote: »
    Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
    Mark Twain

Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak because eating red meat will sit in his large intestine for months, give him an early heart-attack, cause global destruction by promoting cow farts, cause widespread famine, starvation and wildlife extinction by promoting the use of arable land in order to feed cattle, and "not" promoting sustainable, organically grown, non-gmo vegetables that if everybody was forced to consume would probably lead to about 50% of human beings dying of starvation.

-Balrog99
    deltago
    I need to stop giving permanent treatment to temporary people, not every love is precious so I should stop acting like smiggle.

But I give and I give and they take.
    And I give and I give and they take.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ah! don't say you agree with me. When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong.
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Proont
    "Sometimes it takes collateral damage to make a masterpiece."
    Vinnie Paz
    mlneveseProontMontresor_SP
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    “If heaven's for clean people, it’s vacant.“
    -Matthew Good.
    mlneveseProont
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    "The Secret of Change Is to Focus All of Your Energy, Not on Fighting the Old, But on Building the New"
    -Dan Millman (author of The Way of the Peaceful Warrior)
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrProont
    A wise man never refuses anything to necessity.
    -- Publius Syrus (42 BC)
    -- Maxim 540
    Proont
    "I just died in your arms tonight, it must've been something you said."
    -my depression
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Success has a thousand fathers but defeat is an orphan.

(Normally attributed to J.F. Kennedy; this can be tracked to Tacitus: https://quora.com/Who-said-Success-has-many-fathers-but-failure-is-an-orphan)

How ironic that a historian whose words are still famous and frequently quoted after roughly 2000 years was called Tacitus, of all things.

(That's not a quote, just the kind of thought popping up in my mind when I try to sleep.)
    ProontmlneveseMontresor_SP
    "Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    -Howard Thurman
    Proontmlnevese
    edited December 2019
    "Don't rush the proces, yea feel me! Some of yall trying to rush the 21 days. It takes 21 years to be 21 years old, don't rush the process! Trust the process!"

Eric D. Thomas
    Post edited by DragonKing on
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.”

- Charles Darwin

I feel like I have to pull that one out whenever I get roped into arguments about evolution.

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
    ― Douglas Adams

So I was in a bookshop today and was so tempted to buy this signed first edition of Hitch Hiker's Guide To the Galaxy for $600 bucks. Why do I always stumble across these things at xmas time when I need to spend money elsewhere?
    ZaghoulThacoBellmlneveseProont
    "The struggle was justifiable if every single day their grind was moving them towards freedom."
    -Billy Alsbrooks
    mlneveseProont
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.”

- Charles Darwin

I feel like I have to pull that one out whenever I get roped into arguments about evolution.

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
    ― Douglas Adams

So I was in a bookshop today and was so tempted to buy this signed first edition of Hitch Hiker's Guide To the Galaxy for $600 bucks. Why do I always stumble across these things at xmas time when I need to spend money elsewhere?

Murphy is evil :)
    It takes an expert sinner to understand what grace is.
    StummvonBordwehr
    I will never sell my dream, and my gift to anyone for any dollar amount. Don't you ever do that. And every morning you wake when you look in that mirror. I want you to look in that mirror and I want you to tell yourself that I am special, I great, and I am phenomenal. Nobody will stop me from reaching my goal. But I know I have so much work to do; while they sleep I must work. While they party I must grind. While they procrastinate I must go after my future relentlessly.
    Proont
    A goal without discipline is just an illusion, you're fooling yourself.
    Proont
    "Don't ell me you're a author, just let me know when the books coming out.
    Don't tell me you do music, just press play.
    Don't tell that you starting your business, just let me know when is the opening date!

We live on a world where it's called show business not tell business, let your work speak for itself."