Skip to content

Small mods you would like to see

Comments

• Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    @gorgonzola Sorry. I should have specified that I mean only the city of Baldur's Gate as one giant map, not the whole world map.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited January 2020
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    I would add that Athkatla can't be concatenated into one map as easily as one might think. Look at the Temple District:

egecshw1rhxa.png

Notice how there's the Slum District in the northwest AND in the southwest? In a way that makes no sense?

Wow, talk about a TIL - I suppose Bioware reused the slum district as "nearby neighborhoods" figuring the fog of war would cover them most of the time, but that looks like the Copper Coronet and the Jansen estate to the north! All these years, and it never occurred to me to look closely there...

Looking at the full map, I'm not sure why they didn't use a stand of trees instead - it would have fit vastly better than the slums, given that is how it appears to be separated from above.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Not sure if it is an easy modding matter but I would like more multiclass options so a druid can multi as a cleric can (a druid/mage would be cool, druid/thieves would have nice utility and the triple F/M/D would be lots of fun) and to allow F/C/Ts (also F/D/Ts!)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    ilduderino wrote: »
    Not sure if it is an easy modding matter but I would like more multiclass options so a druid can multi as a cleric can (a druid/mage would be cool, druid/thieves would have nice utility and the triple F/M/D would be lots of fun) and to allow F/C/Ts (also F/D/Ts!)

Actually Semiticgod has made that possible already:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76995/druid-multiclasses-everything-from-druid-mages-to-fighter-cleric-druid-mage-thieves
    A true gem of a kit mod imho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    My mod definitely isn't the first to allow a Druid/Mage, though it is the first to allow a Cleric/Druid. Some of the druid multiclasses are unique to the mod; others can be found elsewhere.

@subtledoctor: I dimly recall you mentioning that it was possible to install certain classes without including the new spell system--does that work? I've always wanted to have these classes preserve vanilla-style spells and HLAs and so forth (and class names), but perfect item usability was something beyond my reach.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    In my run today, I was just thinking how I might actually try to learn how to mod to make a peaceful resolution to the Fallen Paladins quest. Anarg deserves what's coming to him for being a slaver, but Reynald de Chantillon and presumably a few other ex-Paladins did nothing but break their vows of chastity or... something, since marriage apparently isn't a problem for the Radiant Heart (see: Keldorn). I learned googling that apparently a dialogue option means Chantillon doesn't fight, but... come on, some of these people would still make perfectly good guards or protectors of an area. Maybe Umar Hills, or the De'Arnise keep.

Maybe arranging some sort of exile from Athkatla, or having Reynald start his own adventuring group as basically a Fighter, kind of like Mazzy was before the Shade temple. But really, failing to meet the Lawful stick-up-your-butt Paladin Code and trying to remain active afterwards shouldn't be grounds for a summary execution.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    ilduderino wrote: »

Actually Semiticgod has made that possible already:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76995/druid-multiclasses-everything-from-druid-mages-to-fighter-cleric-druid-mage-thieves
    A true gem of a kit mod imho.

Thanks, I need to check out General Modding more often, only used to look in the game specific forums

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I'd like a mod/script/bot that plays the game for me. I'll add a few inputs, like creating the character, setting alignment etc, and then the game plays in the background according to the parameters I've setup. At any time I can go into the game and take over the controls, and then start the script again when I leave. If I'm feeling lazy I can sip some coffee and watch it as a sort of LP. I can also ask the mod/script to exclude certain things or pause and alert me, when it reaches key pre-defined points I want to actively play, ie certain quests or places.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited January 2020
    Mod idea: adding cuisines with their own custom sketches to the Innkeeper list of buyable beaverages. Never understood why Charname could buy booze 24/7 but not a bread crumble's worth of food in even one, single Inn.

Why, last time I stayed at a hotel I didn't need to fear to die of starvation.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Skatan wrote: »
    I'd like a mod/script/bot that plays the game for me. I'll add a few inputs, like creating the character, setting alignment etc, and then the game plays in the background according to the parameters I've setup. At any time I can go into the game and take over the controls, and then start the script again when I leave. If I'm feeling lazy I can sip some coffee and watch it as a sort of LP. I can also ask the mod/script to exclude certain things or pause and alert me, when it reaches key pre-defined points I want to actively play, ie certain quests or places.

Many years ago a moderator in other forums made some custom ai scripts and played a run almost that way, surely some imput from the player is needed to accept quests and move from area to area and inside them, but scripts can take care of the whole combat part of the game.

I don't trust scripts at all, at least the ones from other people, not even talking of the default in game ones, as my tactics are all about precise managing of spells and resources, timing and field conrol, but probably it is quite easy to write or collect scripts that can carry a balanced party on easy difficulty, the example i was talking before if i remember correctly was with a modded game and high difficulty, thing that need much less generic scripts.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    jastey wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is a small mod coding-wise, but I just posted an idea for a tweak to SoD / EET at G3 I would find pretty cool:
    After Sarevok is killed, you remain in the BG1 game and you can play on. If you go into the Palace and talk to Duke Belt, he offers you the room in the Palace you have in SoD and asks you to stay.
    You have the reply options:
    1. (EET only) No thanks, I will be on my way shortly -> SoD is skipped and BGII start movie plays.
    2. Yes, I will stay for a while and help hunt down all of Sarevok's followers. -> SoD happenings start.
    3: Later, I have to finish something first -> dialogue ends and you can go on roaming BG1 like in BGT.)

Skip "Skie Silvershield onwards - Go straight to SoA Intro" option too please!
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    edited April 2020
    -Bigger portraits in right sidebar and dialogue box please
    eg 110x170 or 169x266, per https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1027520

Enlarged portaits myself with surprising ease
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1127419/#Comment_1127419
    Post edited by kungfuhobbit on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    jastey wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is a small mod coding-wise, but I just posted an idea for a tweak to SoD / EET at G3 I would find pretty cool:
    After Sarevok is killed, you remain in the BG1 game and you can play on. If you go into the Palace and talk to Duke Belt, he offers you the room in the Palace you have in SoD and asks you to stay.
    You have the reply options:
    1. (EET only) No thanks, I will be on my way shortly -> SoD is skipped and BGII start movie plays.
    2. Yes, I will stay for a while and help hunt down all of Sarevok's followers. -> SoD happenings start.
    3: Later, I have to finish something first -> dialogue ends and you can go on roaming BG1 like in BGT.)

Skip "Skie Silvershield onwards - Go straight to SoA Intro" option too please!

Lauriel is working on such a mod. ;)
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    -Bigger portraits in right sidebar and dialogue box please
    eg 110x170 or 169x266, per https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1027520

Enlarged portaits myself with surprising ease
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1127419/#Comment_1127419

Could you share this? I'd love it.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I was wandering round the temple outside Beregost last night and it occurred to me that it would be nice if both Cattack the hobgoblin and the Vampiric Wolves had some sort of quest or story associated with them. Cattack and his companions are out marauding so maybe they have stolen something from the temple? And the Vampiric Wolves seem like such as threat to the good folk of Beregost you would have thought someone might at last be complaining about them.

Anyway, that's a another little mod I would like to see.
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    What I would really like, is a mod which makes it possible to save Mook.

Lassal seems to cast a special spell on her. It is called "disintegrate", but it bypasses Death Ward, Improved Invisibility, Protection from Magic and Protection from Undead. What a cheater.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited August 2020
    borntodie wrote: »
    What I would really like, is a mod which makes it possible to save Mook.

Lassal seems to cast a special spell on her. It is called "disintegrate", but it bypasses Death Ward, Improved Invisibility, Protection from Magic and Protection from Undead. What a cheater.

Actually no. Mook is scripted to die.

Relevant part of cut73c.bcs (from the perspective of Lassal):
    ReallyForceSpell("Mook",BEHOLDER_DISINTEGRATE) // Mook
    Kill("Mook") // Mook

Beholder disintegrate (SPIN982) applies the disintegrate opcode with spell resistance and save vs. spell. It's really nothing special. It is just cover for the script to autokill Mook.

Saving Mook would be possible (but improbable) by just removing the autokill. That would be a matter of a couple minutes. Making it more sure would be casting Spell Resistance on Mook or possibly other buffs.

But one would need to add on more to Mook's dialogue and script to account for the possibility of Mook living.
    Also, Mook's survival would need to be noted by Aran etc. in their dialogue.
    Since this is clearly not your first rodeo in Amn, it's not that big a deal, but the first time you see that, you are reminded that your "enemy" is hideously powerful. It definitely makes a point.
  • SxphxrxthSxphxrxth Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    I'd like a mod that puts all the npcs in the FAI, Ducal Palace, and Copper Coronet.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Sxphxrxth wrote: »
    I'd like a mod that puts all the npcs in the FAI, Ducal Palace, and Copper Coronet.

there is already a mod that moves alot of the bg 1 npcs around. like ajantis and viconia are in the fai area.

but in bg2 thats not as easily doable. alot of the npcs are placed where they are for story reasons as unlike in 1 they are tied to side quests.

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    A mod that replaces Imoen with Abdel Adrian just for the lulz. Making him the damsel in distress inside the story, with Imoen's dialogue and voice intact would be hilarious. All it really needs to accomplish is to replace the name, portrait and sprite of hers.

“Heya, it's me: Abdel Adrian!“
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    Sxphxrxth wrote: »

If you're referring to when you kick them out of the party that they all go to the same place, I completely agree. Or even better, to your stronghold in BG2! I'd love that!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I just went to the Nashkel Carnival and watched the Great Gazib and his exploding ogre. When Oopah goes mad the Great Gazib just legs it, never to be seen again. I would like to see a mod where he asks you to find something to replace his act now that he has lost his livelihood. Maybe you could find him a talking chicken or something like that?
    edited August 2020
    I brought this up in another thread, but I would like a mod that replaces skeleton warriors with spirit warriors for good-aligned clerics who cast animate dead, though with similar stats for balance reasons. For those who feel it is a bit unseemly for good aligned clerics to be walking around with animated corpses.
    Maybe you could find him a talking chicken or something like that?
    At last! An evil option for the Melicamp quest. (No, I won't code it.) "You want me to bring you to your master? How about you earn me some gold, first."