Skip to content

[MOD] Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BG:EE

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Isewein The version that is currently in my GitHub was started by k4thos (and will end up at SHS eventually) and contains some nerfs, yes. From the tp2:

// Original creator of DSotSC: CuChoinneach and his team
    // BGT version by SirBillyBob, updated by erebusant (up to version 215) and Turambar (v216)
    // BG:EE version by Solaufein
    // EET version and tp2 code revamp by K4thos
    // ITM/SPL/CRE balancing revision by Vlar
    // NPC suggestions for NPC balancing by WithinAmnesia
    // vanilla items and XP balancing by Manduran

This was all done and integrated by k4thos. The version is for EET/BGT.
    StummvonBordwehrIsewein
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited December 2019
    I've been doing the Northern Side of the Sword Coast (Part of DSoSC) after the return to Candlekeep. I didn't like its bugginess. Everything has to be done in exactly the order that it wants. Because of that I had to miss some bits out. However, the mod has GREAT potential if the problems could be sorted. If a certain action needs to be performed before a quest can be continued, then some indication of that should be stated preferably in a note you are given or perhaps in your journal. I spent far too much time blundering about not knowing what to to next.
    edited December 2019
    @Wise_Grimwald NTotSC was COMPLETELY reworked and updated by k4thos and me. What you are writing is outdated info.
    I guess I got that wrong? Is there really a "Northern Side of the Sword Coast" part in DSotSC?
    Wise_GrimwaldAciferStummvonBordwehr
    jastey wrote: »
    @Wise_Grimwald NTotSC was COMPLETELY reworked and updated by k4thos and me. What you are writing is outdated info.

Thanks for telling me. I think that I know who is to blame for me using the wong version, but won't be rude about it. I'm sure that it wasn't intentional.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited December 2019
    @Wise_Grimwald Sorry for using capital letters. Were you indeed referring to the separate mod NTotSC? ("Northern Tales of the Sword Coast")? In that case, my statement is true, the original version at SHS is reworked and the quests should flow easily with helpful journal entries etcpp.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2019
    Isewein wrote: »
    I'm currently trying to decide between an EET run or a regular EE run. Is there any significant content differences between the two respective ersions of DSotSC?
    The EE 1.02 version from this thread is ~90MB; the size of the EET version mentioned here appears to be ~35MB. I was going to ask about content differences as well, but perhaps it would be better to ask if there are similarities? :) I don't mind downloading both versions, but why the difference in size?
    Edited to add: Maybe this thread is the right place to ask: Did anyone try to install EET on top of this version (v1.02)? It is not listed as EET compatible if installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET, but it may be possible to work around this.
    Post edited by Henanigan on
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2019
    This version of the mod for BGEE has slightly more content. Some smaller quests are missing from the BGT version and several items which were due to be developed into story arcs but never were are also missing. There may be some graphical differences also. This version is for BGEE not EET or BGT. You can find support for that version of DSotSC over on the G3 forums.
    Post edited by Red_Carnelian on
    Thanks for that information. I have EET installed, so the version that I have is probably the correct one, even though it isn't at all perfect.
    The BGT/EET version of DSotSC is hosted at SHS, for help go here:
    http://www.shsforums.net/forum/202-dsotsc-bgt/

The BGT/EET version (3.0) went through the following steps (from the readme):
    // EET version and tp2 code revamp by K4thos
    // ITM/SPL/CRE balancing revision by Vlar
    // NPC suggestions for NPC balancing by WithinAmnesia
    // vanilla items and XP balancing by Manduran
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Kensage_loverKensage_lover Member Posts: 1
    Hello guys.

Is there a exp cap remover with this mod ? I'd like to dual my berserker once he hit 9 to mage but maybe I misintall the mod ? Cause he is stuck at 161,000 exp.

Thx for your help.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Kensage_lover, and welcome to the forum. It is unlikely that there is one with this specific mod as there are a couple around already. If you have a look at Tweaks Anthology, there is an XP Cap remover in that.

Enjoy
    Gus
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
    There is also an experience cap remover with the Drizzt Saga. I quite like the various options it has from Raising the cap, to total removal.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • wwannowwanno Member Posts: 11
    I am unable to enter the dragon cave in the Gibbering Mountains. Can you give me the console code to enter and exit? Thank you.
    It'll be a while before I get there, but will let you know when I do.
    edited April 2020
    wwanno wrote: »
    I am unable to enter the dragon cave in the Gibbering Mountains. Can you give me the console code to enter and exit? Thank you.

Did you speak to Jeremy in Nashkel before you set out? Also can you tell me if you are playing the Enhanced Edition Trilogy.
    edited April 2020
    wwanno wrote: »

The steps down (No obvious cave) are near to 4108, 652.

The tile inside is DSC006 in my set-up. Position -1,-1.

You should have been sent to Nashkel by two people in Beregost. A cleric of Lathander inside an inn. (You are sent to speak to him) and a man outside the inn after speaking to him.

Let us know who you have spoken to prior to going to the Gibberling Area, so we can eliminate possible reasons for your problem.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • sturmvogel66sturmvogel66 Member Posts: 35
    I've just killed the Dark One, but it's the first battle. I've received no experience and the Phantom isn't talking to me despite waiting for a bit and polishing off all of his Skeletons. Do I need to wait some more for him to revive or is this a bug?
    Are you playing the EET version? It should be impossible to have the Dark One as the frist battle the Banshee should be first.
    Yes, EET. I've killed the Banshee already.
    @sturmvogel66 THe mod versions for BG:EE and EET/BGT are different ones. This thread is for the BG:EE version. The forum for the EET version is here.
    StummvonBordwehr
    I'm sure that I'm not the first to make that mistake, but thanks.
  • Djhurts101Djhurts101 Member Posts: 5
    sorry to be a bother but were can i download the EE version, the link here isnt working for me.

thank you in advance!
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    Hello,

same link as for Dark Horizon... DsotscBGEE to the bottom of the page !

Warning, version BGEE (not EET) !
  • Djhurts101Djhurts101 Member Posts: 5
    thank you so much, must have missed that, sorry about that.
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    You're welcome !
  • ChitownWillieChitownWillie Member Posts: 12
    Noticed that the Temple of Helm is selling a sword called "Arkerym" for 6,750 gold.

Further investigation with NI:

Arkerym
    Based on the ancient runes adorning the blade, which identify it simply as "Great Sword" in ancient elvish, this weapon once belonged to a prince in the ancient elvish kingdom of Miyeritar. During the Dark Disaster, many such artifacts were buried in ruins, only to be unearthed hundreds or even thousands of years later.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +3
    Damage: 2d4+3 (slashing)
    Speed Factor: 5
    Proficiency Type: Long Sword
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires:
    6 Strength

Weight: 7

And change-log reveals:

Mods affecting SW1H26.ITM:
    00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~DS/SETUP-DS.TP2~ 0 0 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Version 1.021.02
    00001: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 210 // Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards4.22
    00002: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.841)
    00003: ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swordsv15
    00004: ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency SystemRebalanced weapon proficienciesv15
    00005: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 101 // IWO - Aesthetic & Enchantment TweaksStandardize Enchanted Equipmentv5.38.3
    00006: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 124 // WPO - Fighting Style Changesv5.38.3
    00007: ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ 0 202 // SBO - Full Strength for 2-Hand Weapons Onlyv5.38.3
    00008: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 19 // Revised BackstabbingMore Weapons Usable for BackstabbingV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.841)

Questions:

1. Is it safe to assume that the sword comes with Dark Side?
    2. Is Dark Side supposed to overwrite Ibratha (original SW1H26.ITM)?
    3. Any opinion on strength? Seems a little overpowered for most of BG1.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Yep, that comes from DS. Ibratha is a BG2 sword but isn't part of BGEE, so there's no file overlap here (the trilogy version uses different naming standards while also have cut some of the items - this one included - so there's no actual overlap).

I don't comment on the balance.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited July 2022
    Hey everyone, I want to play the BG:EE version of this mod, but all of the links in this thread to that version are dead. Does anyone have a working link to the DSOTSC BG:EE version? Thanks! @Red_Carnelian
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited July 2022
    http://downloads.chosenofmystra.net/bg1/dsotscv102.zip

For the record: the CMS site hosting the forums is down but the actual site where the downloads are is still up.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    http://downloads.chosenofmystra.net/bg1/dsotscv102.zip

For the record: the CMS site hosting the forums is down but the actual site where the downloads are is still up.

Thanks! I read a spoiler for the spells and they go up to 9th level? Is it possible to get to 18th level mage in this mod? There don't seem to be that many new quests to give that much exp.