Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No progress since my last reply.
    anastiel
  • LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    We've been waiting for over 4 months for Tyrants of the Moonsea from Beamdog to be made available for loyal Bemdog customers. Steam users have it. So do GoG users. Now console and switch users. Yet the gamers that user Beamdog Client are still waiting. I already have all of your Enhanced Edition games, as well as BG:SoD and all of the NWN premium content currently available. Can you at least tell us Beamdog users if Tyrants will be made available sometime within the next 8 months, maybe for the 1 year anniversary of it being released for Steam?
    Timbo0o0o0VasculioSertoriusanastiel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is still on our radar. I've been following up on that regularly with the rest of the team.
    mlnevesemajber
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    I hope for 2.6 in Q1, we are waiting for so long now. At least give us some change log - then we will know that there is sth to wait for.
    Timbo0o0o0
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @JuliusBorisov
    Hello,
    Would you be able to tell us if dev are working on the bg1&2 patch?
    It is still planned, yes. No "new" news yet.
  • PaiN_VIPaiN_VI Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2020
    I have two questions:
    The first is about translations. I am very interested in the translation of BG2 into pt-BR. I saw on the website that the translations are almost complete, but what bothers me is that the last change was 7 months ago, which is very disappointing. My question is when will they be launched, if they will, and how can I apply to be a volunteer? Seriously, I would be happy at least with the game in its progression (+ - 85%) than to expect the good faith of those who are doing the translation.

My second question is about the new content that was added in SoD. I'm not talking about the new magic items, but the new projectiles (darts, bolts and bullets of fire/ice/acid...). Will it be added to BG2?
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Will we ever get FLAC versions of the Tyrants of the Moonsea and Premium Adventures soundtracks on GoG? I was really hoping for FLAC format for Tyrants of the Moonsea.
  • Hey are we getting an update to nwn mobile used to be able to crossplay my android with my pc now I cant....
    Will we ever get FLAC versions of the Tyrants of the Moonsea and Premium Adventures soundtracks on GoG? I was really hoping for FLAC format for Tyrants of the Moonsea.

We've been following up on this with GOG for a few times already. It's being handled.
    Hey are we getting an update to nwn mobile used to be able to crossplay my android with my pc now I cant....

There is no ETA for the Android update.
    PaiN_VI wrote: »

I have two questions:
    The first is about translations. I am very interested in the translation of BG2 into pt-BR. I saw on the website that the translations are almost complete, but what bothers me is that the last change was 7 months ago, which is very disappointing. My question is when will they be launched, if they will, and how can I apply to be a volunteer? Seriously, I would be happy at least with the game in its progression (+ - 85%) than to expect the good faith of those who are doing the translation.

My second question is about the new content that was added in SoD. I'm not talking about the new magic items, but the new projectiles (darts, bolts and bullets of fire/ice/acid...). Will it be added to BG2?

We don't have plans to add any new content to IE games.

Translations - check out https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/volunteering-general
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    It is still planned, yes. No "new" news yet.
    Hey, thanks for answering and baring with us!

Now, I can't help myself to not notice the wording choice, i.e. "still planned". Does that mean it's not worked on at all? I know it's a lot of work and that the dev team is generally tired to work on those games/engine and most likely already work on something else and exciting.. but it will be really cool if they can finish the work in progress before it's really forgotten for good (the longer the team stray away from the 2.6 mobile patch, the more likely is that they will never return to it).
    Vasculio
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited February 2020
    So it's been since 2018 since we last had an NWN visual-update preview occur (when streams still happened, or workshop enhanced weapons previews), has any progress on it been made since?

A simple yes or no will suffice, as my expectations of getting much concrete in substancial updates, feature showings or communication from DEV's at this point is not high, as it's been 6 months since an actual development-journal update blogpost by now.
    WarChiefZeke

This should be finally fixed now!
    themazingnessfetito666
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702

This should be finally fixed now!

Awesome! Tyrants of the Moonsea is indeed there as FLAC now. Premium Adventures was not, however.
    A FLAC version for the Premium Adventures soundtrack is not available.
    themazingness
  • Waylander7Waylander7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi

First time on the forums; quick couple of questions.

Is there an intent or plan to enable mods to run on baldur's gate 1 and 2 EE on XBOX One or Ps4?

And if so any idea of the time table for such i.e 6 months, a year?
    fetito666
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Waylander7 I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Its not like consoles let you just open up the files and drop changes in. They would have to be supported via some kind of launcher, and would require express permission of modders. Not all of which are still active.
    StummvonBordwehrAaeby
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I can possibly see it happening, but it would likely be a limited selection of pre-approved mods that they were able to get permission for and that they feel are worth putting up. I think it would be amazing to have mods for the console versions, could potentially get a whole new subset of die-hard BG fans, but with Beamdog's lack of resources and lack of ability to get things done within a human lifetime don't hold your breath.
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by enhancedgamerx on
    Aaeby
  • RomuleRomule Member Posts: 3
    Is there an ETA on the next patch for Planescape and Icewind Dale for the Switch?

Been bug free for the most part. However, the two I've found cause the game to crash; like pressing "Y" for additional options on the Ornate Box or scrolling through Morte's inventory while in the tattoo parlor menu.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited February 2020
    Could we please get a roadmap for 2020 for NWN:EE, the BG saga, ID and PST? Thank you!
    Post edited by fetito666 on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Adul "My impression was that the 2.6 patch had been such a phenomenon in non-action that it was the unspoken public understanding among pretty much everyone who follows IE development that Beamdog was going to abandon the IE games following its supposed release. "

Please do not speak for the rest of us. If I want a spokesperson, I'll ask someone who can speak without being a jerk.
    Ayiekie
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @ThacoBell Good to see you too, I've missed our little... whatever they were.
    MERLANCEartificial_sunlight
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    edited February 2020
    (speculation)
    have news about new ui for BG1EE?
    Ravenslight