Skip to content

[MOD] BGII:EE - Unofficial Item Pack

Comments

• gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2018
    Alright I managed to solve by installing your mod first...

Anyway was hoping you can add for kit specific items, such as this. (I created this myself just for convenient)

Post edited by gattberserk on
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    Hi Edvin, I just realised there is a few small bug for this mod.

1) BAM for Key Ring + Togue of acid not displaying properly (Fixed by importing bam from SOD to BG2 override)
    2) Identified Items for all the new added gear in Cre. files. (Fixed it by unchecking the ID flag using EEKeeper.)

Anyone need these files let me know, I will attached them and u can just copy+paste to your override folder. Take note that the new Cre. files will only works if you have not enter the map where the Cre is.

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    So... with the new patch coming out. Are these mods still working? I haven't gotten my new pc yet... and i want to try these when i back. Especially the Key ring.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Hi, long time no see!

Just passing to report some bugs with this mod:

1º - In the buying screen in adventure's mart, the butcher of innocents image is blurred (almost like the missing n° from pokemon, if anyone got the reference).

2º - The circlet of Cynosure "useble by" description is totally messed.

3º - The shield of egons isn't recognizing the special classes it's designed to give extra bonus, my Undead Hunter is receiving +1 turn undead bonus instead of +2.

I don't know if there's other issues, if i find any i will report here. By the way i'm playing with a totally original installation, except by this mod. Debug file attached.
    CaszidyThacoBell
  • BrecherBrecher Member Posts: 47
    Edvin wrote: »
    I made a small update before the release (final) version 3.0
    I fixed a few typos and one or two problems with some items.

Version 3.0 will contain:

1) 2-3 new Spears
    2) At least two new bosses
    3) 5-10 new items (lots of new items is in progress but some (yet) do not work the way I want)
    4) Modified installation for better compatibility with other mods
    What happened to version 3.0? Are you still working on it?
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellNecromanx2
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    Brecher wrote: »
    Edvin wrote: »
    I made a small update before the release (final) version 3.0
    I fixed a few typos and one or two problems with some items.

Version 3.0 will contain:

1) 2-3 new Spears
    2) At least two new bosses
    3) 5-10 new items (lots of new items is in progress but some (yet) do not work the way I want)
    4) Modified installation for better compatibility with other mods
    What happened to version 3.0? Are you still working on it?

yeah i too want to know what happened with that
  • TiaxTheMightyTiaxTheMighty Member Posts: 4
    I created an account specifically to thank you for this. I'm gearing up for another run since the announcement of bg3 and this will breathe new life into it.
    StummvonBordwehrEdvinNecromanx2
  • Ekalia23Ekalia23 Member Posts: 12
    Trying to install on Mac. Using "Mac WeiDU Launcher". When I click on that and then click on "Setup-Unofficial Item Pack", I get a box with;

ln: Pack: No such file or directory
    ln: Pack: No such file or directory (1)

I can then press edit and it looks like I can edit some script;

(my game directory is; EskaliaMacbook⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨eskalia23⁩ ▸ ⁨Beamdog Library⁩ ▸ ⁨00783⁩)

Any ideas what's stopping the install. All the other mods Ive installed have had no problems.
    global BG_path

tell application "Finder"
    	set this_folder to (the container of (path to me)) as alias
    	set my_path to POSIX path of this_folder
    	set BG_path to quoted form of my_path
    end tell

set weidu_path to my_path & "weidu"

tell application "Finder" to set weidu_exists to exists my POSIX file weidu_path

if weidu_exists is false then

tell application "Finder"
    		set bundled_path to my_path & "Mac WeiDU Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/weidu"
    		set bundled_weidu to quoted form of bundled_path
    	end tell

do shell script ("cp " & bundled_weidu & " " & BG_path)

end if

set mod_files to (do shell script "find " & BG_path & " -iname *.tp2") as text

try
    	set oldDelims to AppleScript's text item delimiters

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {".tp2"}

set tp2_list to text items of mod_files as list

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to oldDelims
    on error
    end try

set mod_list to {}

repeat with an_item in tp2_list
    	try
    		set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"/"}
    		set mod_list to mod_list & last text item of an_item
    	on error
    	end try
    end repeat

set chosen_mod to {choose from list mod_list} as text

try
    	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"setup-"}
    	set corrected_mod to last text item of chosen_mod
    on error
    end try

set setup_mod to "setup-" & corrected_mod as string

set mod_path to (my_path) & (setup_mod) as string

set escaped_path to "'" & my_path & setup_mod & "'" as string

tell application "Finder" to set mod_weidu_exists to exists my POSIX file mod_path

if mod_weidu_exists is false then
    	do shell script ("ln -s " & BG_path & "weidu " & BG_path & setup_mod)
    else
    	try
    		do shell script ("rm " & escaped_path)
    		do shell script ("ln -s " & BG_path & "weidu " & BG_path & setup_mod)
    	end try
    end if

tell application "Terminal"
    	activate
    	delay 1
    	if (count of windows) is 0 then
    		do script ("cd " & BG_path)
    	else
    		do script ("cd " & BG_path) in window 1
    	end if
    	delay 1
    	do script ("./" & setup_mod) in window 1
    end tell

tell application "Terminal" to activate

• NK1990NK1990 Member Posts: 75
    Really nice one thanks.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited December 2019
    Great mod! Not too little, not too much, well balanced. Hopeful for a v3!
    Edvin
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    This is a mod I have used since it came out. Very good stuff!
    StummvonBordwehrEdvin
  • CadenCaden Member Posts: 2
    Screaming bagpipes doesn't seem to work i.e. causes no damage. Only effect is a very faint harp-like sound similar to the other instruments I guess, definitely not what you'd expect from something named screaming bagpipes, haha. Was trying to use it on a jester which should deal double damage, but nothing, pretty disappointing, lol. Otherwise, really like the mod - I had similar feelings about most of the items which were formerly useless, and they look nice.

Only other mod I had installed was ascension and rogue rebalancing so I tried uninstalling rebalancing and reinstalling this - didn't change.
  • Ekalia23Ekalia23 Member Posts: 12
    The download seems to be broken :(
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Ekalia23 This is the last version I downloaded. Seems that match the first page and it works for me.
  • BracchusBracchus Member Posts: 41
    Just installed and noticed 2 things. The components I installed all do appear in game without having to start a new game: Core component, New items, SoD items, Free Action, Better Archery Shop. The 2nd thing I found was a bug - if you right click on Bolts of Ice in the new archery shop, the game crashes. This is the only SoD ammo in the mod that does that for some reason.
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Yeah I also remember the game crashing bug - when you kill Clowded Wizards boss Zatanna (or what was her name), and than you try to pick (and I am not sure which one was it) gold or some of the gems from her corpse, the game also freezes/crashes.
  • PierpoljackPierpoljack Member Posts: 23
    Hello i'm writing in this discussion to say it was a great mod,i just finish my entire campaign of baldur's gate 2 EE with this mod and many others and the items this mod add are fantastic.
    unfortunately i haven't found the hourglass of gond,i know it has a link with the cowled wizards but i didn't find it ,does anyone have an hint or know where to find that famous new secret boss of this mod ?
    Good month.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Is this mod only reworked items or does it add items?
    Hello i'm writing in this discussion to say it was a great mod,i just finish my entire campaign of baldur's gate 2 EE with this mod and many others and the items this mod add are fantastic.
    unfortunately i haven't found the hourglass of gond,i know it has a link with the cowled wizards but i didn't find it ,does anyone have an hint or know where to find that famous new secret boss of this mod ?
    Good month.
    Just keep violating those Athkatla "no magic without license" rules and fight summoned Clowded Wizards units and she will eventually show up.
    edited April 2021
    Allanon81 wrote: »

It is some time since I played with this mod (since I substitute it with @Daeros_Trollkiller https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76631/mod-siege-of-dragonspear-2-baldurs-gate2-ee-item-upgrade-v1-2-0-released/p1 mod in my recent playthrought) but I believe that there are few new items in it.
  • PierpoljackPierpoljack Member Posts: 23
    Caszidy wrote: »

It is some time since I played with this mod (since I substitute it with @Daeros_Trollkiller https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76631/mod-siege-of-dragonspear-2-baldurs-gate2-ee-item-upgrade-v1-2-0-released/p1 mod in my recent playthrought) but I believe that there are few new items in it.

Thanks for the reply it will help me for my new playthrough,this mod siege of dragonspear 2 baldurs gate 2 ee item upgrade seems really cool but if i play with it with unofficial item pack will some items become bug out or will it work perfectly with each other ?
    Thanks again .
    @Pierpoljack No problem. To your additional question - well Unofficial item pack adds SoD items to Ribald's store. Siege of Dragonspear EE item upgrade mod on the other hand adds SoD items into different places and different NPCs thorough the game. That said I believe that you will simply get two copies of items which appear in both mods ;) And if you ok with that I guess than there will be no major issues or game crashes.
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    @Pierpoljack No problem. To your additional question - well Unofficial item pack adds SoD items to Ribald's store. Siege of Dragonspear EE item upgrade mod on the other hand adds SoD items into different places and different NPCs thorough the game. That said I believe that you will simply get two copies of items which appear in both mods ;) And if you ok with that I guess than there will be no major issues or game crashes.

You are correct! But there are also other issues with the Unofficial Item Pack. Some of the items aren't imported correctly, some of their effects not working properly. I am not going to knock it too much though. It did serve as inspiration for my mod :)
    Caszidy
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325

Thanks for the reply it will help me for my new playthrough,this mod siege of dragonspear 2 baldurs gate 2 ee item upgrade seems really cool but if i play with it with unofficial item pack will some items become bug out or will it work perfectly with each other ?
    Thanks again .

Out of curiosity... why both? anything in particular in UIP that my mod doesn't have?
    @Daeros_Trollkiller well I guess that people still using UIP due to its other parts.
    I guess that most popularity of this MOD gets the part which modificate some plot items (which was originally idea of one of the MOD by @AionZ and @AionZ discontinued that mod due to the fact that UIP "borrow" this idea - if I get it right).
    For example UIP allows your character to eat the plot items from Ust Natha Underdark quest (Kuo-Tuan prince blood for permanent +1 strenght bonus etc.) or make Symbol of Amaunator from Imnesville quest a usable item (ads Sunray spell or something like that).

Anyway I am not sure if all these changes and opportunities does not exploit the game and make your character OP. But that is for another discussion.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Caszidy
    Eating plot items sounds appealing!
    @Endarire well most "funny" thing about it is that your character can eat all three of Ust Natha plot items (Kuo-tuan blood, Mind Flyers Elder Brain blood and Beholders Eye orb) so the Underdark story arc will become unfinishable and you will be stuck in Ust Natha forever (well not forever of course because your characters soul just being stolen by Irenicus, so you will die sooner than later with horrible death) :D
  • hippofanthippofant Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2021
    @Edvin I'm not sure you're maintaining this mod any more, but I'd like to report a conflict with the Cowled Menace mod. You're both fighting over mage18z.cre, as Cowled Menace uses Zallanora as a major character in its story.

I think this is a much easier fix on your side than it is on their side, if you just don't copy mage18z.cre on line 182 of your tp2, and just patch your item onto their version of the creature. (Unless there's some other reason you're replacing mage18z.cre that I'm not seeing.)
    StummvonBordwehr
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Endarire well most "funny" thing about it is that your character can eat all three of Ust Natha plot items (Kuo-tuan blood, Mind Flyers Elder Brain blood and Beholders Eye orb) so the Underdark story arc will become unfinishable and you will be stuck in Ust Natha forever (well not forever of course because your characters soul just being stolen by Irenicus, so you will die sooner than later with horrible death) :D

That's not true :)
    A lot of people don't realize it, but you can skip this whole chapter. The moment you reach the underdark, you can go straight to the exit, kill a few drow guards and return to the surface.

So if you eat all these quest items, you will never be able to complete their quest (and you will lose a lot of experience and magic items) but you can leave completely freely.
    ArtonaCaszidyStummvonBordwehr
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    hippofant wrote: »
    @Edvin I'm not sure you're maintaining this mod any more, but I'd like to report a conflict with the Cowled Menace mod. You're both fighting over mage18z.cre, as Cowled Menace uses Zallanora as a major character in its story.

I think this is a much easier fix on your side than it is on their side, if you just don't copy mage18z.cre on line 182 of your tp2, and just patch your item onto their version of the creature. (Unless there's some other reason you're replacing mage18z.cre that I'm not seeing.)

I have a pretty good reason. I completely changed the scripts and behavior of this character. I was trying to create the ultimate magician. Someone that even Irenicus would not defeat. It's hard to say how successful I was, but a lot of people agree that Zallanora is now really hard to kill (and if you come up with a trick to easily kill her, let me know and I'll make her even stronger :D ).

Honestly, I'm not much more than an avid amateur and my skills are quite limited.
    I can create/edit/place items and edit existing characters.
    That is all.
    CaszidyStummvonBordwehr