Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Ask Beamdog

11819212324

Comments

  • majbermajber Member Posts: 51
    I hope for 2.6 Patch before Baldurs Gate 3 :smiley:

    anastielMERLANCE
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 965
    majber wrote: »
    I hope for 2.6 Patch before Baldurs Gate 3 :smiley:

    Me too. An estimate would be nice, considering after every patch mods have to be re-installed, so I'm holding off.

    AerakarVasculio
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,220
    edited March 15
    Couple of questions:

    - You talked about hiring a producer for the support for legacy titles. Didn't you hire Luke Rideout for that job about 2 years ago? Or is it a different producer for the support for legacy titles on the console?
    - I know it's a different company, but why have Ossian studios not updated any of their website/social media to support the launch of Tyrants of the Moonsea as they did when Darkness over Daggerford was released?

    themazingness
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 285
    Ludwig_II wrote: »

    2) Is PST:EE going to receive some updates as well, and will it have fixes for some of the PST:EE specific bugs it has now (I'm especially curious about the bug that resets any container content when you enter the Modron Maze)? If yes, will it receive the update around the same time as other IE games, or later?

    Sorry, I asked this before but maybe it was missed. So I’d like to ask again if it’s not a problem. We already know that 2.6 patch for IE games is in progress.

    Are there any plans for a new patch for PST:EE as well? Thanks

    Aedan
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 222
    there is a possibility to create a version of the neverwinter nights toolset for linux?

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,451
    edited March 24
    Couple of questions:

    - You talked about hiring a producer for the support for legacy titles. Didn't you hire Luke Rideout for that job about 2 years ago? Or is it a different producer for the support for legacy titles on the console?
    - I know it's a different company, but why have Ossian studios not updated any of their website/social media to support the launch of Tyrants of the Moonsea as they did when Darkness over Daggerford was released?

    Luke came after Phil had left. So that position was a bit higher. Our new producer is focused on legacy titles (all platforms).

    Unfortunately, can't comment about Ossian Studios. I passed the concern to them, however (it happened back in August/September, 2019).
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    Ludwig_II wrote: »

    2) Is PST:EE going to receive some updates as well, and will it have fixes for some of the PST:EE specific bugs it has now (I'm especially curious about the bug that resets any container content when you enter the Modron Maze)? If yes, will it receive the update around the same time as other IE games, or later?

    Sorry, I asked this before but maybe it was missed. So I’d like to ask again if it’s not a problem. We already know that 2.6 patch for IE games is in progress.

    Are there any plans for a new patch for PST:EE as well? Thanks

    I think, during one of the livestreams, we once said that PST:EE might get a patch. But since quite a lot of time passed, and we're now figuring out the plan for legacy titles going forward, we don't have an answer to that question.
    anastiel wrote: »
    there is a possibility to create a version of the neverwinter nights toolset for linux?

    A request for a Non-Windows version of the Toolset was moved to the Icebox category back in 2018-2019.

    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    AerakarLudwig_II
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 4

    I think, during one of the livestreams, we once said that PST:EE might get a patch. But since quite a lot of time passed, and we're now figuring out the plan for legacy titles going forward, we don't have an answer to that question.
    No offence, but you are figuring out the plans for legacy titles and how to proceed into the future for quite some time now. And that quite some time is really too much time for any company do decide on it's future. :)

    Can't we all call it "we abandoned" old IE games and be done with it? I mean, I personally am here from spring 2019 (tho I owned all the games and DLCs on both ios and android for years) and it's kinda insulting (for me personally, won't force my view to others) to see so many UNNEEDED promises broken. I mean, who forced you to promise things like the one last summer with "we are almost there, final QA, we are releasing 2.6 in like a month!!!" and then abandon the whole idea? Atleast be honest and say it directly. Will not even start with the android play store removal fiasco and how it stacks with all the other things.

    Hope no offence is taken + I hardly doubt you are even slightly responsible for any of those.

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 20,451
    We can't call it "we abandoned" old IE games because we haven't. Your criticism about the 2.6 patch timeline is valid. But regarding the Google Play situation - not valid, sorry.

    ThacoBell
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 4
    edited March 27
    We can't call it "we abandoned" old IE games because we haven't. Your criticism about the 2.6 patch timeline is valid. But regarding the Google Play situation - not valid, sorry.
    We were told few times that to fix it a new patch needs to be released, also known as 2.6. In the end you managed to release 2.5 again "temporarily" till 2.6 is released soon. I highly doubt google will tolerate you for that long now, even if I agree they make exception for you (and I highly doubt that to be honest). My point is that you said a lot of times that a new patch is needed to return the games to the playstore while in the end you returned 2.5 - so why not sooner is the obvious question + it was obviously not true that a new patch is totally needed to return the game to the playstore. :)

    See, for start I work in a company that got ios/android/web app and I kinda know how dev works (sys admin is my job, so I would not state how knowledgable I am, but I coded in the past) - I have some idea how stuff regarding that matter works. Secondly, I am perfectly well aware how to sideload and that's beside the point, I paid for the games and DLCs, from respect towards your marvellous work and effort. You can imagine that it's hurting when I am not receiving the same from the other end, i.e. respect (and that can take many forms).

    Again, totally my personal view and experience, can't and never will speak from someone else's name. Sorry for the long post and hope that this is not found offensive, not my wish to go there and just sharing how I felt/feel. Cheers and have a great weekend!

    Timbo0o0o0
  • megaman12megaman12 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 28
    I didn't know who to talk to other than troubleshooting but I have been across maps and the enemies are not respawning.

  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 965
    cha0z_ wrote: »
    We can't call it "we abandoned" old IE games because we haven't. Your criticism about the 2.6 patch timeline is valid. But regarding the Google Play situation - not valid, sorry.
    We were told few times that to fix it a new patch needs to be released, also known as 2.6. In the end you managed to release 2.5 again "temporarily" till 2.6 is released soon. I highly doubt google will tolerate you for that long now, even if I agree they make exception for you (and I highly doubt that to be honest). My point is that you said a lot of times that a new patch is needed to return the games to the playstore while in the end you returned 2.5 - so why not sooner is the obvious question + it was obviously not true that a new patch is totally needed to return the game to the playstore. :)

    See, for start I work in a company that got ios/android/web app and I kinda know how dev works (sys admin is my job, so I would not state how knowledgable I am, but I coded in the past) - I have some idea how stuff regarding that matter works. Secondly, I am perfectly well aware how to sideload and that's beside the point, I paid for the games and DLCs, from respect towards your marvellous work and effort. You can imagine that it's hurting when I am not receiving the same from the other end, i.e. respect (and that can take many forms).

    Again, totally my personal view and experience, can't and never will speak from someone else's name. Sorry for the long post and hope that this is not found offensive, not my wish to go there and just sharing how I felt/feel. Cheers and have a great weekend!

    2.6 been in the works for a year and something now.

    VasculioThacoBell
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 152
    A big thankyou to Beamdog and the modders, as I enjoy another playthrough in 2020

    JuliusBorisovAerakarGusinda
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 4
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »
    cha0z_ wrote: »
    We can't call it "we abandoned" old IE games because we haven't. Your criticism about the 2.6 patch timeline is valid. But regarding the Google Play situation - not valid, sorry.
    We were told few times that to fix it a new patch needs to be released, also known as 2.6. In the end you managed to release 2.5 again "temporarily" till 2.6 is released soon. I highly doubt google will tolerate you for that long now, even if I agree they make exception for you (and I highly doubt that to be honest). My point is that you said a lot of times that a new patch is needed to return the games to the playstore while in the end you returned 2.5 - so why not sooner is the obvious question + it was obviously not true that a new patch is totally needed to return the game to the playstore. :)

    See, for start I work in a company that got ios/android/web app and I kinda know how dev works (sys admin is my job, so I would not state how knowledgable I am, but I coded in the past) - I have some idea how stuff regarding that matter works. Secondly, I am perfectly well aware how to sideload and that's beside the point, I paid for the games and DLCs, from respect towards your marvellous work and effort. You can imagine that it's hurting when I am not receiving the same from the other end, i.e. respect (and that can take many forms).

    Again, totally my personal view and experience, can't and never will speak from someone else's name. Sorry for the long post and hope that this is not found offensive, not my wish to go there and just sharing how I felt/feel. Cheers and have a great weekend!

    2.6 been in the works for a year and something now.
    Excuse me, but I am not sure I understand what exactly you mean by saying that? Yes, I know and nowhere stated otherwise + it's irrelevant to my post.

  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 300
    Greetings. I originally posted this question in the NWN:EE Patch 1.80 thread, but have since edited my comment in order to repost it here. It seemed more appropriate. As of Patch 1.80 (version 8193.9) adding the feature to customize the WeaponOfChoiceFeat in baseitems.2da, is it possible for Weapon Masters to select Unarmed Strike as their weapon of choice while playing through the OC, expansions and DLC? Since moving before the end of last year, I have been doing without a computer and an ISP. If anyone would be so kind as to confirm whether or not it is possible while I remedy my current situation, it would be most appreciated. Stay safe. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.

  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 543
    edited April 3
    Greetings. I originally posted this question in the NWN:EE Patch 1.80 thread, but have since edited my comment in order to repost it here. It seemed more appropriate. As of Patch 1.80 (version 8193.9) adding the feature to customize the WeaponOfChoiceFeat in baseitems.2da, is it possible for Weapon Masters to select Unarmed Strike as their weapon of choice while playing through the OC, expansions and DLC? Since moving before the end of last year, I have been doing without a computer and an ISP. If anyone would be so kind as to confirm whether or not it is possible while I remedy my current situation, it would be most appreciated. Stay safe. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.

    Looking through the baseitem.2da, I would say no because unarmed strike is not a base weapon(but I could be wrong)

    I have a similar question(s).
    @JuliusBorisov
    Looking at the ruleset.2da it shows that we can now change the monk damage die at each of the tiers, but you set the number of dice rolled to only one choice? Will you guys adding the number of dice at each tier for medium to the ruleset.2da in the future? (example in 3.5 D&D tier 4 is 2d6)
    What are the MONK_DAMAGE_TIER_ONE_THRESHHOLD(s)?
    Is MONK_DAMAGE_TIER_ZERO_SDAMAGE_DICE stunning fist damage? (figured out this is for small size monks) that what needs to be added to the medium size monks for each tier.

    Post edited by ShadowM on
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 300
    Well, if that is the case, would it be possible to make Unarmed Strike a base weapon fit for the WeaponOfChoiceFeat customization if that hasn't been done already? Stay safe. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.

  • therontheron Member Posts: 1
    Hello!!
    Will ps4 users will get patches for neverwinter nights enhanced edition for various crashes and bugs ?

  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 1,877
    I know that is probably already asked, but i could't find using search function.

    There are any plans to make a enhance edition of Golden Box games? IF yes, any chance to get Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands, one of few mmorpg's that isn't a wow clone?

  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 645
    The Dark Sun games use a different engine from the Gold Box games. DSO:CS would need to be rewritten from the ground up even if there were Gold Box Enhanced Edition games in the pipe (which would be AWESOME).

  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 832
    Hasn't it already been clearly said that there will be no further EEs from Beamdog?

    For myself, I only want to see original new games from Beamdog in the future.

    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 10,558
    I know that is probably already asked, but i could't find using search function.

    There are any plans to make a enhance edition of Golden Box games? IF yes, any chance to get Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands, one of few mmorpg's that isn't a wow clone?

    Beamdog has already said that they are done with EEs, and want to move on to making their own games.

  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 352
    edited April 5
    I want a new game using the Gold Box format.

    2D turn based grid combat. Overland map. Grid area exploration (pre-rendered hand drawn style). Great story, great music.

    The original games are STILL fun to play. They'd be awesome with 5e rules and modern day production values. The "simplified" visuals would make the development cycle much shorter and less expensive. Look at Darkest Dungeon and Thronebreaker: the Witcher Tales.

    Beamdog would know how to do it right.

    StummvonBordwehrGusindaXorina
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 112
    edited April 5
    My second question is pretty much the same but with regards to this [implementing OpenAL EFX to replace the original games' implementation of Creative EAX.] OpenAL EFX would have the advantage of being software-emulated, thus not requiring dedicated hardware to run; with it, the same environmental audio effects the original BG games had could be recreated 1:1 for everyone to use—and they could be made optional via an "Environmental Audio" toggle in the game's sound options, just like it used to be. It would truly give the Enhanced Editions an audio edge over the originals.
    Always loved EAX and wasn't pleased at all upon it being removed from NWNEE, AND IIRC, Dolby Surround 5.1 Pro-Logic I&II legacy codecs. Many players are on tight budgets.

  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 645
    1varangian wrote: »
    I want a new game using the Gold Box format.

    2D turn based grid combat. Overland map. Grid area exploration (pre-rendered hand drawn style). Great story, great music.

    The original games are STILL fun to play. They'd be awesome with 5e rules and modern day production values. The "simplified" visuals would make the development cycle much shorter and less expensive. Look at Darkest Dungeon and Thronebreaker: the Witcher Tales.

    Beamdog would know how to do it right.

    I've got FRUA (which is essentially a published version of the gold box construction kit that was used for all of the gold box games) both on CD and through GOG and apparently Dungeon Craft is a modern remake of FRUA (last I checked it hasn't gone anywhere but then again the last time I looked at it was ten years ago so shrug). I'm sure we could put something together.

    Gusinda
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 352
    edited April 6
    Pokota wrote: »
    1varangian wrote: »
    I want a new game using the Gold Box format.

    2D turn based grid combat. Overland map. Grid area exploration (pre-rendered hand drawn style). Great story, great music.

    The original games are STILL fun to play. They'd be awesome with 5e rules and modern day production values. The "simplified" visuals would make the development cycle much shorter and less expensive. Look at Darkest Dungeon and Thronebreaker: the Witcher Tales.

    Beamdog would know how to do it right.

    I've got FRUA (which is essentially a published version of the gold box construction kit that was used for all of the gold box games) both on CD and through GOG and apparently Dungeon Craft is a modern remake of FRUA (last I checked it hasn't gone anywhere but then again the last time I looked at it was ten years ago so shrug). I'm sure we could put something together.

    I'm playing AT1: Dark Alliances on FRUA now. The graphics improved a lot since the first gold box games. :) I got hooked on gold boxes on gog again and really glad I found FRUA and the high quality community modules.

    Bit off topic so here's a question for Beamdog: have you ever considered making a modern 5e game using the gold box formula?

    Post edited by 1varangian on
    StummvonBordwehr
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 832
    I know that is probably already asked, but i could't find using search function.

    There are any plans to make a enhance edition of Golden Box games? IF yes, any chance to get Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands, one of few mmorpg's that isn't a wow clone?

    We're creating a new game which doesn't use any licenced IP.

    YESSSSSS!!! No licensed IP is music to my ears. :smiley:

    ThacoBellgugulug5000Gusinda
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 145
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »
    When will Zaviak become a joinable NPC/Party Member?

    @JuliusBorisov

    Shameless bump.

Sign In or Register to comment.