Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    Beamdog will you still create new modules or campaigns for NWN: EE? I can't wait to play your magnificent adventure again.
    StummvonBordwehrPrince_RaymondSikorsky
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    That is a good question! ;)
    DerpCityfetito666Sikorsky
  • RomuleRomule Member Posts: 3
    I just want Planescape to be patched on the Switch so that visiting a shop isn't a game of russian roulette T-T
    Screw everything else, lol.
    Ludwig_II
  • Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    That is a good question! ;)

Love the answer i'm fired up to see what you do Beamdog, your work on IE and to NWN:EE is great!!!
    JuliusBorisovAerakarAedanPrince_Raymond
  • Waylander7Waylander7 Member Posts: 2
    Waylander7 wrote: »
    Hi

First time on the forums; quick couple of questions.

Is there an intent or plan to enable mods to run on baldur's gate 1 and 2 EE on XBOX One or Ps4?

And if so any idea of the time table for such i.e 6 months, a year?

Welcome to the forum! The team is currently busy planning for the future support of our legacy titles. We recently have hired a producer just for that.

Thank you and to all others who took the time to respond to my query.
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    Any updates, on the NWN:EE Upgraded Graphics that Beamdog showcased in a livestream 2 years ago? Have any work been made on it since?
    fetito666VasculioTimbo0o0o0
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Filipse wrote: »
    Any updates, on the NWN:EE Upgraded Graphics that Beamdog showcased in a livestream 2 years ago? Have any work been made on it since?

fetito666Dark_Ansemmlnevese
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    @JuliusBorisov: Could you please explain what "things" mean in this context? This is very enigmatic. Thank you!
    Well, if Trent didn't elaborate, I can't do that. ;)
    mlnevese
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    When is 2.6 for BG coming?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2020
    Things are coming! :wink: Will they be more powerful than Gazebos? Only time will tell :)
    Ludwig_IIThacoBell
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited March 2020
    Did we have a Site Questions category at one point, or did I hallucinate that? My "Recent Discussions" list is clogged with announcements that I'm never actually going to read as they're not applicable to me and haven't actually had new posts since the last time I checked the site (I'm too used to phpBB which has separate New Posts and Unread Posts feeds)
    You can dismiss the announcements and this way they won't show on top for you. We didn't have a Site Questions category, only this thread.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Vasculio wrote: »
    Its been WAAAY over a year now?!
    Two years in June. Do you think that abandoning IE games that this company is build on is a good idea? Seriously? BG3 is coming and I'm sure BG I and BG II is selling pretty well right now. It's about time to patch this games.

Ludwig_IIAdulfetito666Aaeby
  • RomuleRomule Member Posts: 3
    I feel like by the time a patch comes out for Planescape on the Switch, I'll have already beaten it, haha.
    The bugs are annoying, yeah, but they're managable with some effort, so far.
    This is is my first time playing it. I can't just put it down and wait patiently.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sikorsky wrote: »
    Vasculio wrote: »
    Its been WAAAY over a year now?!
    Two years in June. Do you think that abandoning IE games that this company is build on is a good idea? Seriously? BG3 is coming and I'm sure BG I and BG II is selling pretty well right now. It's about time to patch this games.

Beamdog hasn't said anything about abandoning the IE games. Over a year patch cycle is, annoyingly, common. But that doesn't stop people from talking like Beamdog has already announced that they are dropping all support at every single patch.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovTarotRedhandAerakar
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    [tongue in cheek warning] @JuliusBorisov, Given your recent replies in these threads, have you ever considered a career in politics (with a big P).

TR
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    How many years does it take for Beamdog to move from planning phase to taking action phase?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Just as I replied the last week:
    Hi

Is there an intent or plan to enable mods to run on baldur's gate 1 and 2 EE on XBOX One or Ps4?

The team is currently busy planning for the future support of our legacy titles. We recently have hired a producer just for that.

I'm asking about these plans each week. Once we're ready to share something, we will. Over the past ~4 months we have been doing serious work to NWN:EE (a console launch, subsequent console patches, including MP & crossplay, many updates to the PC version including a substantial FPS increase, etc).

We're actively working on the iOS version of NWN:EE and the renderer.

To be fair, the community said the "all hands on console port" approach by Beamdog was risible, you shouldn't have completely abandoned the PC communities or IE games just to get the release out, considering that despite this approach the renderer isn't complete. So it feels like you'd have done less while in parallel took care of other matters.
    AdulVasculio
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »
    Just as I replied the last week:
    Hi

The team is currently busy planning for the future support of our legacy titles. We recently have hired a producer just for that.

I'm asking about these plans each week. Once we're ready to share something, we will. Over the past ~4 months we have been doing serious work to NWN:EE (a console launch, subsequent console patches, including MP & crossplay, many updates to the PC version including a substantial FPS increase, etc).

We're actively working on the iOS version of NWN:EE and the renderer.

To be fair, the community said the "all hands on console port" approach by Beamdog was risible, you shouldn't have completely abandoned the PC communities or IE games just to get the release out, considering that despite this approach the renderer isn't complete. So it feels like you'd have done less while in parallel took care of other matters.

Starting too many projects and spreading way too thin is par for the course for Beamdog, unfortunately. It's kinda their main thing.
    Timbo0o0o0DerpCityPokota
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    How many years does it take for Beamdog to move from planning phase to taking action phase?
    Approximately two miniature giant space hamster lifetimes.
    Timbo0o0o0
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2020

Not trying to rain on your parade here Julius but:
    -Ports of a pre-existing 10+year old game isnt NEW content, it's OLD content, unless you actively add something new interms of gameplay-features, be it new classes, feats, items, questlines, modules campaigns, etc that gameplay wise differenciates it from the old pre:ee nwn it's still old-content, PC Players mostly dont care about ports, they allready own the game, they allready paid for it.

An increase in performance while nice, is realy just fluff, because the old pre-EE version of the game worked too and you could mod on that too (arguably better than the EE version due to specific plugins that dont work for EE), performance increases isnt going to draw new people in or keep people allready playing around when most people dont see any upgrades done for +2 years. (yes that is how long it's been since you teased the upgrade EE graphics when the DEVS actualy still communicated and had streams)

NW:Sync while nice is still archaic for most to implement into their mods (im personaly hoping it will just be a standardized implemented function into the game in due time, fully eliminating the need for going to third-party sites to download haks and tlks)
    Timbo0o0o0themazingnessLudwig_IIAaeby
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Not trying to rain on your parade here Julius but:
    -Ports of a pre-existing 10+year old game isnt NEW content, it's OLD content, unless you actively add something new interms of gameplay-features, be it new classes, feats, items, questlines, modules campaigns, etc that gameplay wise differenciates it from the old pre:ee nwn it's still old-content, PC Players mostly dont care about ports, they allready own the game, they allready paid for it.
    Ports to console bring in new revenue to keep the company afloat to begin with, something patches do not do. Nevertheless, it also has a downside (being spread too thin and thus not working on stuff simultaneously to achieve parity).
    PokotaThacoBellAdulPrince_Raymond
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2020

NW:Sync while nice is still archaic for most to implement into their mods (im personaly hoping it will just be a standardized implemented function into the game in due time, fully eliminating the need for going to third-party sites to download haks and tlks)

Speaking of NWSync, as an end-user I find it awful. I'm sure it's great for people running servers, but I hate to use it and have gigs of data dumped on my pc and have no idea where it all goes. While it may mean more players being drawn to servers because getting the files is easy, for me it does the exact opposite, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Any chance there will be a way to reverse it all (essentially an uninstall/unsubscribe from the servers)?

Adul
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    edited March 2020
    Night76 wrote: »
    Beamdog will you still create new modules or campaigns for NWN: EE? I can't wait to play your magnificent adventure again.

Alert
    Dark Dreams of Furiae
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2020
    anastiel wrote: »

Alert
    Redacted original comment because I'm assuming this will be deleted by moderators soon, but still feel like my question is relevant. --themazingness
    If this is new DLC coming soon, please Beamdog, will you show us some love and make it available platform-wide simultaneously this time? At least as far as PC goes?
    Prince_Raymond
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    anastiel wrote: »

Yes new dlc, I know it’s too early to talk about it, I discovered it, and I know it’s going to be an excellent dlc package for the whole community
    themazingnessdeltagoPrince_Raymond