Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Well, I'm afraid I don't have an answer to that. WHOA. Sorry, man.
    Blackbɨrdimp51096454
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    That's ok, I got that one:

Never.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Hey that's alright, at least we got to see his old buddy Wilson.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    I have a question though I'm affraid I already know the answer. Chances to see the sequels (and conclusions) of Shadowguards, Witch's Wake and Kingmaker are pretty null, aren't they ?
    DerpCity
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    I know that is probably already asked, but i could't find using search function.

There are any plans to make a enhance edition of Golden Box games? IF yes, any chance to get Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands, one of few mmorpg's that isn't a wow clone?

Beamdog has already said that they are done with EEs, and want to move on to making their own games.

I don't remember this. Considering how much support NWNEE needs.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »
    I know that is probably already asked, but i could't find using search function.

There are any plans to make a enhance edition of Golden Box games? IF yes, any chance to get Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands, one of few mmorpg's that isn't a wow clone?

Beamdog has already said that they are done with EEs, and want to move on to making their own games.

Supporting existing EEs and making new EEs are two completely separate things.
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    kanisatha wrote: »
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »

Supporting existing EEs and making new EEs are two completely separate things.

Exactly.
    Aerakar
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Do beamdog plan to UNhardcore the NWN1 spellbooks? So we can get a nwn1 spell fixes like nwn2's spell fixes?
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I think I have to clarify @ThacoBell 's post: Beamdog is working on a new game, not the EE.

But we're still continuing to support our EEs, - just today we've released another beta patch for NWN:EE.
    So, when can we start asking questions - and expecting answers - about this new game? ;)

P.S.: I REEEEEEEEEEALLY wanna' know! As in, it's up there on my list at the same level as a cure for Covid.
    ThacoBell
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    kanisatha wrote: »
    Hasn't it already been clearly said that there will be no further EEs from Beamdog?

For myself, I only want to see original new games from Beamdog in the future.

I want a solid fix with ALL the EE's games before Beamdog throws in the towel and moves on to other projects
    AdulThacoBellricoyungRavenslight
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    We wanna know the name, pleaze :p
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Holy Moly! THE Derek French? That's awesome!
    ricoyung
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Any news about 2.6?
    (want to know about IWD pc-version)
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    JFK wrote: »
    Holy Moly! THE Derek French? That's awesome!

Who's Derek French?

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,27739/
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellAdulPrince_Raymond
    When archivements will gonna work on NWN1 - PC(Linux/M$ windows)? On cellphone works but play with touchscreen is a torture
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Derek French worked for BioWare in NWN halcyon days. I believe he was a technical producer or something like that. He's got a good pedigree for NWN:EE.

JKF
    ThacoBellricoyungAerakarPrince_Raymond
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    When archivements will gonna work on NWN1 - PC(Linux/M$ windows)? On cellphone works but play with touchscreen is a torture

Achievements have been added to the Steam version of the game quite some time ago (I believe it was mid-2019 in the beta first, and then added with the full patch).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1879899065
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you!
    JuliusBorisov
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @JuliusBorisov I was going through the various items I have via the BD client and found I had an 834mb patch for the dev branch of NwN EE. Now I know that this has appeared after the Dark Dreams patch as I scanned all my games/dlc after applying that patch. As I scan both here and twitter for notifications of patches amongst other things, I am puzzled as to the lack of such so far. Can you tell me what is going on and are there relevant patch notes for this patch.

Thanks

TR
    edited April 2020
    Edit : Sorry for asking something already covered. The game is much more mod friendly. PRC din't needed external char creators this time.
    Post edited by SorcererV1ct0r on
    JuliusBorisov
    @JuliusBorisov I was going through the various items I have via the BD client and found I had an 834mb patch for the dev branch of NwN EE. Now I know that this has appeared after the Dark Dreams patch as I scanned all my games/dlc after applying that patch. As I scan both here and twitter for notifications of patches amongst other things, I am puzzled as to the lack of such so far. Can you tell me what is going on and are there relevant patch notes for this patch.

Thanks

TR

There was a dev patch released, not only the update to DDoF. The notes are linked in the thread about dev patches and available as the latest News item on Steam.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • KhanNovaKhanNova Member Posts: 12
    Shame. I usually don't complain and taking upon myself but since 2013 French players and others countries's players waiting for the release of the baldur's gate 2 's translation. With the 2.6 announcement and the translation of the physical baldur's pack on Ps4 and Xbox, we were hoping it wouldn't last longer.

Today, after 6 months, nothing, no news, absolutely NOTHING. What is your problem ? This is a patch, not a game and some of the translations are already finished with the physical pack !
    AaemforeverKlingeimp51096454
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    edited April 2020
    KhanNova wrote: »
    Shame. I usually don't complain and taking upon myself but since 2013 French players and others countries's players waiting for the release of the baldur's gate 2 's translation. With the 2.6 announcement and the translation of the physical baldur's pack on Ps4 and Xbox, we were hoping it wouldn't last longer.

Today, after 6 months, nothing, no news, absolutely NOTHING. What is your problem ? This is a patch, not a game and some of the translations are already finished with the physical pack !

Heh, its probably so people like you who want to enjoy said translation are "encouraged" to buy the console version.

Beamdog already earned what it could with the PC versions so the console versions are now a bigger focus due to being a bigger source of revenue.

That is why the 2.6 patch likely won't come out till the sales for the console versions start to drop quite a bit AND the final patch for the console version is ready. Only then work on the 2.6 patch will likely resume.

For now though the console bonuses like the translations and the pathfinding fix are exclusives. Need some extra incentive to attract customers. PC already having that stuff by the time of console releases would make the console releases look less cool and unique.

Of course this is nothing official and merely my opinion.
    Timbo0o0o0imp51096454
  • KlingeKlinge Member Posts: 31
    KhanNova wrote: »

Sorry to hear that...

The completed German volunteer translation for SoD has been dropped. Why? - Because a professional team of translators was hired in parallel. Are they native speakers and/or are they familiar with the Baldurs Gate universe? What is the gain in dropping the German volunteer translation? Will there be multilingual voice overs?
    BelegCuthalionTimbo0o0o0