Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    even if i don't like when someone ask for the deletion of his posts while he is leaving, as it damages the other forum users, not the forum's administrators, i appreciate when someone decides to leave without drama or without bringing the things to a point that he has to be banned for repeatedly breaking the forum's rules.

to leave with a farewell thread, telling "we had together good and bad times, now for me the moment to go has come, i wish to you all the best" and leaving your previous contribution to the forums available to the other forum users would probably be better, is what i will probably do if a time for me to leave will come, but to leave without drama and without provoking a ban is at least something very good.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Cahir Oh, I'd caution the use of EEkeeper with Tome and Blood. Some of the casting systems used in subtledoctor's mods are broken just by opening up EEkeeper. The way he gives spontaneous casting to non-sorceror base classes isn't compatible. I recommend NearInfinity. It doesn't have the slick UI, but it works better in general.

I am sad about that. I can well undersstand how making changes to kits etc. would cause problems, but if changing the inventory to add a bag of holding, or changing the colouration causes problems then I think that perhaps I should reinstall without his mods. Very sad.

Wow the quoting system is broken.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @ThacoBell No it's my brain that's broken. Old age creeping in. :'(
    @Wise_Grimwald Don't worry. The quote system has always been broken.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited April 2020
    Same reason as with @Raduziel: disagreements with site staff. Both of them have since then moved on and migrated to The Gibberlings 3. They are actively continuing there with modding the IE:EE's just as before.

Raduziel was banned for rule-breaking behaviour, with many instances of that.

Subtledoctor's profile was deleted as a result of their request.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Raduziel was banned for rule-breaking behaviour, with many instances of that.

Subtledoctor's profile was deleted as a result of their request.
    The disagreements in both ex-member's cases happened all the same, however. Even if the way they expressed them differ from each other. End result is they found a place better suited for their personal needs on another forum and are doing well over there. :)

Disagreements are ok. Breaking the rules is not.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited April 2020
    Because last time I checked this was actually a thread about custom portraits. :p
    unh3jym7mzgp.png

A Tiefling?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Wise_Grimwald Tiefling would be a nice fit. And so is Dragon Disciple as well, I imagine. Apparently she's some sort of character from The Dragon Prince cartoon. Never watched that one myself. But I know good art when I see it. :)
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    mystic_by_joelchaimholtzman_ddvgh9h-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02ODQiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9jN2MzODc4Yy1lNWY4LTQyYTUtYWEwZC1hYWNmMTFlNTAyNWFcL2RkdmdoOWgtYjhmNjQ1YTItN2M1OC00YmY4LTkxNGYtYWZiNmVhNTlmMDYxLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.zsFHbjrZLUyLeUYceK0p74ZRtYJCcUpNoA37snmXNa8
    Mystic by JoelChaimHoltzman

Untheric Dwarven Cleric of Oghma, anyone? But dat cat ... :confounded:

Make a cat NPC?
    or maybe make the toon a CN dwarf mage?
    he is wearing a robe, and a cleric probably uses an armor, there are no cleric robes in the game and armors don't interfere with divine casting, he is holding a staff and a cat would be his familiar.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2020
    His hands are far too small for spellcasting. He's got a be a pickpocketer. :-D

Size isn't everything. :D What you do with your hands can be far more important!
    what is sure is that being a dwarf and having small hands he will never be a great basketball player :D
    unless his name is Muggsy Bogues obviously ;)

To all the artists out there:

Share the word.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    An artist who might be keen to replicate the style of Mike Sass? How about this fella. Never heard of the man, but it looks like he knows how to wield a brush. :p
    An artist who might be keen to replicate the style of Mike Sass? How about this fella. Never heard of the man, but it looks like he knows how to wield a brush. :p

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    What a gorgeous portrait! <3
    Well done, @Isandir!
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    Thanks, @energisedcamel. I don't get the chance to make new ones very often anymore, so I always feel like I have to relearn bits and pieces when I do dive back into it.

@LiamEsler, you're very welcome, and I'd be happy to make any changes if you want particular elements added or changed. Would David also like one--and if so, any particular kind of character?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited May 2020
    I guess "Silver Dragon Girl" is supposed to be some kind of dragonkin, but to me, she looks just like a female Draenei from World of Warcraft.
    I guess "Silver Dragon Girl" is supposed to be some kind of dragonkin, but to me, she looks just like a female Draenei from World of Warcraft.

Nah, no hooves.
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    In all my 30 years of life, i have never seen a drawing/painting of a dragongirl that suits my tastes.
    But probably it's because i'm not good at surfing the web and search/find things.