Skip to content

Imoen Romance V3.0 Release

Comments

• amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    The talk can be in a city. Last time I played it happened in Athkatla Bridge District.
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    Just double-checking before I install this, but I am guessing it's not compatible with Ascension 2.0?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    just don't install the imoen interaction component from ascension and your good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2020
    ArthasII wrote: »
    megamike15 wrote: »
    just don't install the imoen interaction component from ascension and your good.
    Apologize for asking: is that a guess, or..?

the componant should not be installed due to it bugging out both imoen romance and ascension's imoen banter timers.

as all imoen interaction does is make it so her tob banters fire. which imoen romance already does as it expands alot of them.
    Post edited by megamike15 on
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    Apologize for asking: is that a guess, or..?

the componant should not be installed due to it bugging out both imoen romance and ascension's imoen banter timers.

as all imoen interaction does it make it so her tob banters fire. whits imoen romance already does as it expands alot of them.

Well, I wasn't expecting there to be any compatibility at all. Thank you.
    it has more to due to some of the talk timers over lapping so if both are installed it bugs them out.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I know the odds are nil, but I wish this could be made compatible with Imoen4ever. Having her in the party from chapter 2 has made BG2 feel more like BG1 in a huge way, and for me, dramatically improved the game. I like the feeling of slowly getting more and more powerful while mysterious forces work in the background as opposed to running a rat race of raising funds to save someone.

For now, I'm sticking with Imoen4Ever for that reason, but the content of this mod sounds really enticing.
    jastey
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I think the creator of the I4E mod actually said the two mods SHOULD actually work together on a technical level, because the Imoen that joins you in the Promenade with the mod installed is the same version of Imoen that would have joined you in Spellhold. Of course, story-wise the IR mod would be a complete mess as it assumes Imoen was taken to Spellhold with all the resultant events that unfolded, but in theory the two should still work together.
    megamike15
    imoen romance assumes imoen was kidnapped. the dreams you get with her make no sense if she was with you during chapter 2 and 3.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited February 2020
    imoen romance assumes imoen was kidnapped. the dreams you get with her make no sense if she was with you during chapter 2 and 3.

I haven't completed a playthrough yet with I4E, but doesn't she get kidnapped in Brynnlaw to reconnect with the original story? Of course, that probably wouldn't be as traumatizing as spending weeks/months with Mr. I in Spellhold, so it would probably STILL be silly to have those kinds of dreams.

Note, I have NOT played with this mod, so I'm not sure how specific the dreams in this mod are.
  • PsiryuPsiryu Member Posts: 13
    pwaring wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this bug has already been reported, but in 3.9.6 I noticed when I introduced Imoen to the other party members Anomen is referred to as my 'sweetheart', even though I'm not in a romance with him (and can't be due to my PC being male).

I checked the dialogue and that line is the only one for Anomen. I've made a quick fix that checks if the romance variable is 2 before referring to Anomen as "sweetheart" and added a more generic introduction for him if not.

Rename the attached files as .d instead of .txt files and dump them into imoenRomance\dialogues\SOA\Spellhold then reinstall the mod.
    Jarvey
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Maurvir I4E and ImeonRomance are not compatible, unfortunately, and unless the author of the romance comes back and rewrites half ot it never will be due to the way the romance is structured (PC has to have all mod added Imoen dreams before going after her, Imoen referring to never having seen the other NPCs etc.) :'(
  • KaiketsuKaiketsu Member Posts: 38
    Zaxares wrote: »
    In addition to the above, be careful not to push TOO hard before the pivotal Elven ruins camp scene. There's a few conversation choices that can put Imoen into a state where she will not be receptive to any romance whatsoever. In general, you should be considerate and caring, but don't "come on too strong".

For example, IIRC, there is one conversation you can have after rescuing Imoen where she asks you if there's anyone special to you, and here is where you can affirm a romance with another party member if you so choose. One of the options you can pick is "It's you, Imoen. My heart belongs to you." Imoen will at first laugh this off, and if you just smile and leave it at that, you're safe. But if you're too insistent, Imoen gets creeped out, which kills the romance AND also puts Imoen into a suspicious state about you. Unlike the other romances, IR has a lot of different states ranging from "Imoen knows she has a strange attraction/bond to you, but isn't sure what it means" to "Imoen isn't interested in you romantically, but still treats you as her best friend/companion" to "Imoen finds your blatant attraction to her disturbing" to "Imoen loves you back".

After the camp scene, you have to wait until Imoen gets her soul back from Bodhi before the romance will progress, as amberCoffeeCat says.

The Jaheira ultimatum never triggered in my playthrough despite me having her in my party all the time.

I'm thinking that Imoen Romance is in fact incompatible with more mods than it seems, because I'm learning new things as I read this topic from time to time.

I think I got to see most of the content, fortunately, but some things just never triggered.

Also, a reminder to the mod caretaker :) Ascension overrides Imoen Romance. Which kinda sucks, because SCS-Ascension final battle is just too fun to skip. You're forced to, though. Any component from Ascension will override IR, not just the ones flagged as conflicting, beware.

no it doisnt. ir and ascension run fine just don't install the imoen talk component from ascension as it bugs out ir's timers.
  • TygaranTygaran Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2020
    I think there might be a bug in the 3.9.6 download. I finished the game reently, but got a generic epilog for Imoen. While I did discover my lovemeter was a bit low, while searching for an answer I discovered that the 'best' ending's variable, IRTEpJointMad, never even had a chance to be set. While examining the install files, I found the section in imoenRomance\dialogues\TOB\FinalConversation\

But looking at the Setup-ImoenRomance.tp2 I'm not seeing any polace where that dialog is even compiled. There are a bunch of other dialogs compiled from the TOB subdirectory, just not that last critical one.

Or is it just me?

UPDATE 3/30: I just recently used a link within this forum to re-download the most recent build for the mod, which DOES include the content I found missing. The version I was havingissues with was downloaded by the EE-Mod-Setup tool. Not sure if there is a syncing issue or what's going on there.

Could just still have been just me tho. =]
    Post edited by Tygaran on
  • siwex21siwex21 Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to romance Imoen if I have romanced Viconia and finished it with globals set to 2?
    Imoen Romance has a special optional component which enables you to romance Bioware NPCs and Imoen at the same time. So yeah, if you install that, you are all set. If not, Imoen will break the romance at a certain point.
    edited April 2020
    Tygaran wrote: »
    I think there might be a bug in the 3.9.6 download. I finished the game reently, but got a generic epilog for Imoen. While I did discover my lovemeter was a bit low, while searching for an answer I discovered that the 'best' ending's variable, IRTEpJointMad, never even had a chance to be set. While examining the install files, I found the section in imoenRomance\dialogues\TOB\FinalConversation\

But looking at the Setup-ImoenRomance.tp2 I'm not seeing any polace where that dialog is even compiled. There are a bunch of other dialogs compiled from the TOB subdirectory, just not that last critical one.

Or is it just me?

UPDATE 3/30: I just recently used a link within this forum to re-download the most recent build for the mod, which DOES include the content I found missing. The version I was havingissues with was downloaded by the EE-Mod-Setup tool. Not sure if there is a syncing issue or what's going on there.

Could just still have been just me tho. =]

I just realize that my mod version is 3.9.2 and after checking the .tp2 I see the same problem in my setup. I'm deep in SOA on a mega EET install... I guess there's no possible way to update the mod now, right?

Unless someone here is a 40lvl mage and can prove me wrong? ;-)
  • KaldurKaldur Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2020
    Hello guys, can you share your override mods folder (With Imoen romance and xp cap disabler)?
    RN i can't use PC, would be really grateful. Thx
    V.2.5.16.6
  • PseudodiegoPseudodiego Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Edit: Working
    Post edited by Pseudodiego on
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    I now made a complete and correct TRA-fiction of the mod (v.3.9.6) and it became multilingual. Added a Russian translation. The new version was sent by Elyon and Sarevok08, and also to the author of the mod (Israel Blargh)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Austin87 did you check the "fixes" here? https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1115290/#Comment_1115290

Would be lovely if they could be re-checked and bundled in a 3.9.7 version ;)

I added corrections to the text from this post too (except for the second paragraph and three remarks at the end, since it’s better for the authors of the mod to solve it, I only correct obvious errors), here is a link to the new multilingual version (temporarily, until it is officially updated): https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlvy1i4llwz9hpi/Imoen Romance 3.9.7 Multi-language.rar?dl=0
    edited May 2020
    Another point. When installing Imoen Romance with the Ascension mod, DO NOT install the "Improved Imoen-Player interaction" component. Now he is in conflict with ImRomance.

I made changes to the Ascension files that will help remove the mod conflict completely, and wrote on the Ascension forum and asked to make these changes so that in the future the conflict of mods was resolved: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30544-ascension-208-out-report-bugs-here/?do=findComment&comment=281292.
    I also posted there already changed files.
    Post edited by Austin87 on
    or just not install it. as all that component does is fix imoen's banter timers which ir already does.
    edited May 2020
    or just not install it. as all that component does is fix imoen's banter timers which ir already does.

Yes, indeed, I forgot to mention this in the message :) Thank you, added to the previous post. And I left a way to resolve the conflict for those who still decide to install the Ascension completely.
    edited May 2020
    Also I found and fixed a bug in the ToB/ChallengeTalks.d in the Imoen Romance. There in the "Second Challenge" there is a dialogue between Imoen and Sarevok, but there is no verification of whether Sarevok is in the party. I didn’t have Sarevok in the my party, and a bug appeared in the game - Imoen endlessly tries to start a dialogue with the main character, she follows me all over the map :)

I added a check InParty("Sarevok"), and the problem disappeared.
    The change was made to the latest (traify) version that I previously posted, at the link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlvy1i4llwz9hpi/Imoen Romance 3.9.7 Multi-language.rar?dl=0
    Post edited by Austin87 on
    JarveyAaemforever
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Good news! The mod author (Israel Blargh) answered me, he uploaded the updated and traified version of the mod to the official website! Second link on the Downloads page: http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/downloads.php
    It says "Russian by Arcanecoast Team", but this version includes both languages (and now there is an opportunity for new translators to add their own language in the future)!

This version does not yet include yesterday's bug fix with the Sarevok-Imoen dialogue in Tob. Other bug fixes included, as well as the full traification mod.
    jasteyJarvey