Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge Continues! The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

Comments

• EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: doesn't seem very good to me, they are obviously trying to flee and you just attack them? Where's the honor there, tsk tsk. You should have asked them kindly to surrender, not farm them for xp. Eldoths ghost on the other hand is pleased, bring on the bloodshed, kill the all!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Evinfuilt at the risk of sounding redundant, 8 INT and 6 WIS is all kinds of rash and stupid
    LadyRhian
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Imoen is thinking that A. these guys' comrades stabbed her not too terribly long ago and B. our townspeople friends in the rowboat are still alongside the pirate ship and the pirates might hurt them or try to take them hostage. Arrows away, assuming she probably won't hit Minsc...
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay. They do not stop. Minsc jumps into the boat, making it sway sickeningly. His sword impales one of the smugglers, killing the man outright. Imoen's shot takes a second one through the eye. killing him instantly. The man in the boat draws his sword, turning it into a swipe at Minsc, and hits him for 7 points damage. The next round, the pirate hits out at Minsc again, but his sword grates uselessly off Minsc's armor.

Party, your turn... what do you want to do?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    As I probably can't reach them running, I'll shoot at any of them as long as I don't have any risk of hitting anyone from the group.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I don't fancy firing into a melee. I'll yell to Minsc "Get him to surrender!" and I will run forward so I can fire from close range if I have to.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    edited October 2012
    (Gaaah, I missed the first round >.< )

"Tempus grant us victory!" I stop short, deciding that Minsc seems to have it somewhat handled, though I ready my sling, so that if things get worse for him, then I'll help.
    Imoen is terrified of hitting Minsc, so she'll try to move anywhere she's got a clear shot at the remaining pirate.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Minsc stabs at the Smuggler and rolls... a 1, and stabs through his own foot for 8 points of damage. Imoen puts two arrows into the smuggler for a combined 15 damage, and Branwen's sling stone smashes the pirate's head clean open. The man drops like a felled ox, bleeding and dying.
    Imoen dashes over to Minsc and helps him climb back onto the ship. "Are you okay? Omigosh, your poor foot..."
    Hooray! We won! High fives everybody!

I'm going to go and get the parrot and take it ashore with me. It will be company for Milo.
    rufus_hobart
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    edited October 2012
    Congrats all around!
    Who is playing Ravenloft? Any room for an arrogant wizard?
    OOC I'd like to do Ravenloft too. Alora could do with a good scare.
    Keldorn would be quite a popular guy in Ravenloft. Put me in the queue as Keldorn :)
    jhart1018
    mlnevese said:

Keldorn would be quite a popular guy in Ravenloft. Put me in the queue as Keldorn :)

So it's true, Mazzy wants to be a real paladin?

mlnevese
    Of course! :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited October 2012
    Horny Kivan is up for Ravenloft.

Get it? Is "up"? Huh? *nudge nudge*
    jhart1018
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    edited October 2012
    Yar, Ravenloft. what could go wrong with this evil DM. Consider Evinfuilt in if room (for my proposed toon.) I promise this time I'm not some plain old evil psychopath, I've chosen an enlightened route for once. Changing my headshot, may Eldoth rest in peace (did he even get a proper funeral?)
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited October 2012
    Will Ravenloft be part of the same campaign? As in, will our characters remember this adventure and Ravenloft?

I'm torn, guys. Xan seems like Ravenloft would just confirm his expectations, but honestly I kinda want to play someone a bit more cheerful. Like Xzar. Which do you think?
    I say choose someone you enjoy and play him :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    /me wants to play as somebody. Jaheira or Minsc :D
    Communard said:

Will Ravenloft be part of the same campaign? As in, will our characters remember this adventure and Ravenloft?

I'm torn, guys. Xan seems like Ravenloft would just confirm his expectations, but honestly I kinda want to play someone a bit more cheerful. Like Xzar. Which do you think?

I vote for Xzar. Psychopaths are fun.
    rufus_hobart
    I'm in, whenever there's room. I've had good luck with Imoen so far, so I'll stick with her. :) Sneaky types are always useful. lol... Besides, Immy is so darn cheerful, Ravenloft may not know what to make of her.
    mlnevesePermidion_Stark
    @Awong124 Kivan is almost always up for almost anything. ;)
    mlneveseAwong124
    Keldorn, Alora and Imoen in Ravenloft? We'll be the first group ever expelled from there... :)
    jhart1018
    @LadyRhian

I wonder if we could go back to having a bigger party if that doesn't make too much work for you? When we did Tomb of Horrors there were more occasions when there were a lot of people online at the same time and that seemed to add to the excitement, the confusion and the number of dirty jokes ...

mlnevese
    Woo dirty jokes! :D
    Awong124
    As long as nobody else is transformed into a ooze :)
    jhart1018
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I am the master of dirty jokes.