Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Borco wrote: »
    Torosar, totemic druid: Final update

I regret to report that Torosar perished in the Eastern Tunnels of the Underdark. The way it happened was, unfortunately, rather dumb on my part. I had not experimented with the Slayer Form since the original SoA and I learned the hard way that there is no timer upon which the protagonist changes back, but rather takes magic damage after spending too much time in the form...a lot of magic damage. Nevertheless, we had a good time with the Mind Flayers and altogether had a great deal of adventuring throughout Amn together with Viccy.
    B.

Sad to hear of the demise, but glad to find out about that damage which I knew nothing about. Rarely do I use the slayer form.
    BorcoMantis37
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The pantaloons ... how exactly is the Big Metal Unit that important? Sure, it's better than other armor, but that's not usually the sort of thing that makes or breaks a run. And then, it comes with the drawback that it tends to crash the game when combined with shapeshifting.

(Druids can't use crossbows, so the rest of the stuff is completely useless.)
    Wise_Grimwald
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Actually, you answered the question there - the Rod, unlike all other crossbows, can be used by druids. That's what I was missing.

The closest substitute to the pulse ammo (1d4+1 magic damage, 5 APR, +7 attack) I can think of is the Crimson Dart (1d3+3 physical damage, 3 APR, +3 attack). Of note, insects are very good at eating through stoneskins - if you can get that going, physical damage will get through.
    Other weapons can deal more damage, but you'd have to enter melee and dual-wield with heavy penalties to get more than 1 base APR.

Looking at her... I don't see any Harm immunity. There's immunity to instant kill effects, but nothing about that "set HP" effect. You would have to land the melee attack, but it might well be an instant win.
    Grond0BorcoAerakarmonico
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    @Grond0 Amazing run - I'm sorry it didn't work out in the end.
    Grond0Adam_en_tiumAerakarsemiticgoddess
  • JabberwockJabberwock Member Posts: 75
    Feels like it would be useful to include mod/difficulty summaries at the header of AAR posts. Feels like that's at least as important as the other details posters include.

Maybe just me..
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0 RIP until you get resurrected again.
    Grond0