Skip to content

Foebane +5, how does it work?

Hi guys,

I just got my Foebane +5 (which I am very excited about considering I am grandmaster in bastard swords). However when I attack with it, while it says I deal 4 magic damage (making me think that the Larloch's Minor Drain was triggered indeed), I do not regain 4HP...

Hence my question: is Foebane +5 bugged or is there any effect that prevents me from getting my HP back?

Cheers!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello!

Does it look similar to https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36964? If yes, please file a new BGII:EE ticket at that site for investigation.
    Durmir46
  • Durmir46Durmir46 Member Posts: 110
    edited July 2018
    Yes, it's pretty much the same, I have created a new ticket. Thanks!
    EDIT: life is beautiful and birds are singing in the sky
    Post edited by Durmir46 on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hello @Durmir46
    If your report was https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38090 it has been submitted, not removed.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisovDurmir46
    Indeed,
    Sorry about that, I have re-edited accordingly. Apologies
    JuliusBorisov
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    I was planning on using Foebane on my current playthrough.. but this has got me wondering if i should bother.

Is it something that only some suffer from, or is the item thoroughly broken?
    Seems extremely weird, as it seems this is Beamdogs doing.. the weapon has always worked fine for me in the past.
    The weapon still deals pretty good damage (and Minor Drain does deal additional damage), so somehow it still is worth using. But if what you were after was an on-hit heal, then you are going to be disappointed. If this bug is the same than the corresponding spell's one, I am afraid it may be widespread.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    From the bug report, it seems this issue happened 2 months ago.. and no hotfix.

Looking at patch frequency, maybe it'll get fixed for 2.6, Q4 2019 xD
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The bug is that Larloch's Minor Drain (from all sources) drains 4 HP from the target, but no longer increases the caster's HP.
    ThacoBelliosfrustrationPokota
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    edited July 2018
    Btw is wiki also incorrect on LMD proc? It states that it bypasses MR.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Foebane
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354

The bug is that Larloch's Minor Drain (from all sources) drains 4 HP from the target, but no longer increases the caster's HP.

I sure hope this is fixed for the BGEE 2.5 patch, as my low level mages rely heavily on that spell for combat healing.

As we are looking at an IWDEE 2.5 consolidation patch, is there any chance of a similar patch for BG2EE once BGEE/SoD 2.5 are ready to roll?

(and it goes without saying I would rather call these all 2.6 ;))
    Tresset said:

@Khyron I was informed about this issue by @JuliusBorisov so today I decided to return from the land of NWN:EE briefly to make a hotfix for this issue. Just extract the attached files into your override folder and both the Larloch's Minor Drain wizard spell and the Bhaalspawn ability version (this is the one that Foebane +5 uses) should work just like they always have. Let me know if there are any issues with this hotfix and I will happily look into them.

It works even on my Foebane! Thanks! That's great
    JuliusBorisovGotural
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    How have they been working on bg2 for 6 years or whatever and its still broken
    RAM021
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Aaezil said:

How have they been working on bg2 for 6 years or whatever and its still broken

It's not still broken. If you work on any piece of software things just keep breaking, that's bound to happen.
    ThacoBellAcifermonico
  • LederpLederp Member Posts: 4
    Wait is this STILL broken? I was doing a pure warrior run with bastard swords. Bugger me. Guess I'll try the hotfix.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Is Larloch's not working correctly in BG1 and BG2 or just BG2?
  • ngsezgamengsezgame Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    Sorry to revive this thread a year later, but I'm having the same issue wirh Foebane. I have the latest Steam version of BG2EE. Does the hot fix still work? Will it conflict with any other mods I have inatalled? Thanks.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @ngsezgame, the hotfix still works with no impact on other mods. Just copy the contents of the .zip file into your override folder.

Gus
    ngsezgame
  • infamousasinfamousas Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @ngsezgame, the hotfix still works with no impact on other mods. Just copy the contents of the .zip file into your override folder.

Gus

It does not
    It just keeps increasing your total hp
    example if i'm 149/159
    a single hit cause my hp to become 153/163
    its really annoying and needs to be fixed

Edit: actually nvm im stupid, it goes back after 1 turn, (a minute). The hotfix works perfectly, thankx!
    Gusinda
  • ngsezgamengsezgame Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, @Gusinda . Works great!
    Gusinda
  • michael1324michael1324 Member Posts: 26
    edited January 2020
    A true fix will allow the spell to heal you each time you use it UNTIL YOUR HEALTH IS MAXED in which case it will increase your health by a little over your max 1 time.
    Does the fix here do EXACTLY that? Because if it only increases your health by 4 and your max by 4 at the same time then that is NOT a fix because that is NOT how the spell is supposed to work in the first place.

Another thing if this is ACTUALLY a fix then you should go ahead and update the steam game so people can just update their games without having to come to 3rd parties to download something.
    Players PAID for an EE on steam so instead of ignoring the people that put money in your pocket when buying it you should AT LEAST fix the spells and update the game on steam.
    Last update was in june 2018. Its now 2020 and you still haven't bothered to release an update yet... you tell people to come here and download this file.
    That is a SLAP IN THE FACE to everyone that bought the EE.
    iosfrustration
  • CruentuzCruentuz Member Posts: 16
    Just got Foebane +3 and wanted to test out the bugfix with my Cavalier Mazzy. I'm in SoA chapter 2 still.
    Found the +5 version in EEkeeper and added it to her inventory,(tried both SW1H63 and COMPS63), but nothing shows up ingame... tried deleting the +3 version also if there was some kind of impossible combo but no luck.

Any ideas?
    would like to try this out instead of using the omnipresent Carsomyr for once.
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    SW1H63 works for me
  • CruentuzCruentuz Member Posts: 16
    Yeah, I got it to work assigning it to a regular inventory slot. Putting it in a quick weapon slot in EEkeeper didn't work.
    Successfully drained HPs from Korgan also. Yay! ?
  • CyberliskCyberlisk Member Posts: 29
    Sorry für resurrecting this, but let me get this straight... there is a Hotfix for this from 2018(!) and it's still not implemented in the game?
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2020
    Yeap, the hotfix is your best fix. And being how much fun foebane is after the fix I highly recommend you try it
    Cyberlisk wrote: »
    Sorry für resurrecting this, but let me get this straight... there is a Hotfix for this from 2018(!) and it's still not implemented in the game?

The next patch is getting closer. https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/the-road-to-2-6
    gorgonzola