Skip to content

Road to 2.6 | Planned Patch Items | Windows, macOS, Linux

Comments

• NasherNasher Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 123
    No Icewind Dale:EE Portuguese Translation that is done for a year already?
    zoom
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    I'm sorry if I missed it but do we know when the patch will be released?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    SamuelVarg wrote: »
    No release date set (yet).

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    SamuelVarg wrote: »

This depends on how the testing goes. Right now we'd appreciate more people could test the current test objective and vote in the poll.
  • MickSaurfangMickSaurfang Member Posts: 1
    Any news about Brazilian Portuguese translations in the next patches?
    icewind dale is at 100%, but have not yet launched
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2020
    Love it! A bit sad to not see bard song on the list as that is one of my personal biggest gripes but other than that I'll be waiting eagerly for this patch to be finished.
    EDIT: not see
    Post edited by Lammas on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Lammas wrote: »
    Love it! A bit sad to see bard song on the list as that is one of my personal biggest gripes but other than that I'll be waiting eagerly for this patch to be finished.

Sorry, why are you sad about the bard song?
    edited November 2020
    Love it! A bit sad to see bard song on the list as that is one of my personal biggest gripes but other than that I'll be waiting eagerly for this patch to be finished.

As far as I know the range should be "at least the visible radius of the bard" but in my game, even after a full re-install, the range of my bard songs keeps being about 1/4 - 1/3 of my visual range. I did make a ticket about this sometime a year or so back if memory serves. Can't remember if this was only on Blades or if I tested and it affected other bards too.

EDIT: and I don't mean with walls or anything either.

EDIT2: I seem to have exxaggerated slightly and it's really about half of my visual range but here's an example. Imoen in this picture is out of my song range.

fus01f2hq30o.jpg
    JuliusBorisov

As far as I know the range should be "at least the visible radius of the bard" but in my game, even after a full re-install, the range of my bard songs keeps being about 1/4 - 1/3 of my visual range. I did make a ticket about this sometime a year or so back if memory serves. Can't remember if this was only on Blades or if I tested and it affected other bards too.

EDIT: and I don't mean with walls or anything either.

Ah, so it's unrelated to the change log. As for the range, you can use the tweak by @Tresset https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61898/tressets-choice-tweaks/p1
    Tresset
    Yes, I've just been under the impression that this is unintended and I gathered from my previous discussion about it that the range seems to be inconsistent between different peoples games. Anyways, didn't mean to derail the whole thread with that so carry on good people :smile:
    JuliusBorisov
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2020
    argent77 wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov Does this patch fix the low quality sound files for Beamdog-related BG2:EE content (see this topic)? I couldn't find it mentioned in the patch notes.

PS: Do you plan to release a patch for PST:EE as well?

I came here specifically to ask this, but I see @argent77 , my hero in this quest for good sound clips, has not failed me.

Alas, it appears we've been passed over again. I realize, BD, that this is "our bug" that we're personally invested in, but we've been bringing this up for many years now and patch after patch has failed to address it. It's an embarrassing error that should be corrected.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @JuliusBorisov Hello.
    The patch log does not mention the Italian translation for SoD. This is worrying. Is it included?
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    Pretty much a year ago around November 2019 I thoroughly created 24 IWD/BG bug tickets within the Beamdog Service Desk complete with screenshots and reproduction steps where applicable since I was told that this is the way to go.
    There hasn't been an answer since I did a quick follow-up in each ticket in December 2019, so I asked you @JuliusBorisov if these tickets are still being processed, which you confirmed a couple of months ago.

Now, since this thread with the planned patch items has been published, I checked to see on the progress on these tickets and there hasn't been one answer or status change in any of the tickets.

Aside of being really disappointed of putting all the work in it for absolutely no outcome at all, it's not that I'm pushing things by waiting a year but why do you introduce a service desk if the responsible person doesn't care about it at all @srdbeamdog or @JuliusBorisov?
    MiraStastny
    Hey, we understand not all possible bug fixes are included into this proposed list. First of all, it's a proposed list, and the final list might still be different. For example, we're verifying that the SoD campaign text is localized in French, Italian, German, and Ukrainian. @Aedan

@Baptor and @ATigersClaw We have all the issues logged in, so nothing of what you reported is lost or forgotten. Which fixes are in and which are not, regarding a patch (any patch) is being decided by triage. We truly thank every player who used the Service Desk (and previously Redmine) to report problems with our games.

We care so much about these games and keep updating them, now 8 years since the release of BG:EE. However, it's not always possible to include ALL possible fixes into one patch. We nearly ran out of symbols in the first post just to list the supposed fixes. That list can go on, and for many pages, but how much time would such patch take?

We understand it's been more than 2.5 years since the previous patch and we want to release 2.6 because the community has been waiting for it (eg. the pathfinding issue or numerous spell bugs).
  • Hey guys, amazing to see these games are still getting support!! Great stuff :)

Please excuse me if these have been adressed/fixed, but I'd like to ask about the only 2 glaring issues I've noticed, one in BG2:EE and one in IWD:EE, both concerning missing voice lines.

Firstly, in a playthrough IWD:EE a while ago I noticed some voice lines were missing from the player characters. I think I remember this being because the BG2 engine supported less lines than IWD so some of them no longer played.

And secondly, in BG2 there is an infamous line voiced by the various ladies of the night about "taking a look at their diddies", which I always thought was humorous and was sad to see missing.

These issues are by no means game breaking but I find them important l, but do impact the truthfulness to the original experience.
    Are these known issues already, or fixed or planned for fixing down the road?

Thanks very much!!
    I'm sure I can hear the "taking a look at their diddies" line in Beregost. As for the IWD soundset lines, this is a question for @CamDawg.
  • NasherNasher Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 123
    Hey, we understand not all possible bug fixes are included into this proposed list. First of all, it's a proposed list, and the final list might still be different. For example, we're verifying that the SoD campaign text is localized in French, Italian, German, and Ukrainian. @Aedan

Hi,

What about the Brazilian Portuguese for IWD? I'm the translator of it and I'm worried about it too. Any information would be helpful instead of silence =/
    zoom
    edited November 2020
    Nasher wrote: »

Hi,

What about the Brazilian Portuguese for IWD? I'm the translator of it and I'm worried about it too. Any information would be helpful instead of silence =/

@Nasher I didn't miss your previous question (and also the one by @MickSaurfang ). It's just we're not ready to announce the decision yet-- but we're looking into this, of course. Thanks for your patience.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • dsoondsoon Member Posts: 1
    Where's Icewind Dale translate to brazilian portuguese? Nasher
  • jacbgarciajacbgarcia Member Posts: 1
    Hey Beamdog what where is the portuguese localization for IWDEE and BG2EE?????
    edited November 2020
    @dsoon and @jacbgarcia We appreciate your questions, but please read my previous comment just above.
  • RichardlvupRichardlvup Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020
    come on guys, release IWD:EE portuguese brazilian translation, its over for about a year now, and you guys dont realeased it yet? why? and what about BG2EE? it also over, everyone know how hard is to translation a game like this, one year is just...too long to release a translation that is already 100% done.
    Post edited by Richardlvup on
  • VandersonVanderson Member Posts: 1
    Where's Icewind Dale translate to brazilian portuguese???
  • mosmos Member Posts: 26
    There's a bug in TotSC I don't see mentioned (which you can google so it happened not only to me).
    In the very first dungeon level of Durlag's Tower, one of a bunch of dwarf wardens you have to fight wouldn't have any drop and thus you won't get a wardstone to progress further leaving you wondering why the heck the passage to the level below is still locked even tho you've apparently done everything here.
    Had to spawn one with the console. Otherwise I was locked out of a good half of TotSC. Played recently too, probably with the latest release version.
    Nasty little bug.
    edited November 2020
    There's also a strange... inconsistency (?) when looking to infiltrate the bandit camp - you've got two bandits Teven and Raiken in Peldvale/Larswood to talk to, they appear to be identical. I'm talking to the former. If you want to pretend to join the bandits, you first pick the appropriate line saying that your intention is actually joining them. But then something strange happens. To convince him to take you to the camp, you've got to pick the line saying how 'bloodthirsty' you are and all. BUT the order of the second set of lines seems to alternate, with the needed line appearing as either #3 or #1. And if it's #1 it doesn't result in him believing you, instead he responds that you'll just get both yourselves and him killed. But if it appears as #3 he immediately becomes happy to take you onboard... The other options also seem to be identical, save the ordering of course. And the quest log says that 'bandits become picky and refuse your offer to join'. No obvious indication what this depends on. Is this intended to be random?

savegame ('qs.zip'): http://file.sampo.ru/sg7nv8/
    mos wrote: »
    There's also a strange... inconsistency (?) when looking to infiltrate the bandit camp - you've got two bandits Teven and Raiken in Peldvale/Larswood to talk to, they appear to be identical. I'm talking to the former. If you want to pretend to join the bandits, you first pick the appropriate line saying that your intention is actually joining them. But then something strange happens. To convince him to take you to the camp, you've got to pick the line saying how 'bloodthirsty' you are and all. BUT the order of the second set of lines seems to alternate, with the needed line appearing as either #3 or #1. And if it's #1 it doesn't result in him believing you, instead he responds that you'll just get both yourselves and him killed. But if it appears as #3 he immediately becomes happy to take you onboard... The other options also seem to be identical, save the ordering of course. And the quest log says that 'bandits become picky and refuse your offer to join'. No obvious indication what this depends on. Is this intended to be random?

There is a STR check for the party leader (the person in the first spot) in this dialogue.
    There's a bug in TotSC I don't see mentioned (which you can google so it happened not only to me).
    In the very first dungeon level of Durlag's Tower, one of a bunch of dwarf wardens you have to fight wouldn't have any drop and thus you won't get a wardstone to progress further leaving you wondering why the heck the passage to the level below is still locked even tho you've apparently done everything here.
    Had to spawn one with the console. Otherwise I was locked out of a good half of TotSC. Played recently too, probably with the latest release version.
    Nasty little bug.

This will have to be verified in 2.6 during the later testing stage.
    There is a STR check for the party leader (the person in the first spot) in this dialogue.
    Well, I sure did not change it. It's always the weakling Imoen.
    Just rechecked it on the save attached above - tried about 4 times and every time the line was at the top, so no infiltrating, just giving up money and the bandits dispersing. The 5th time tho, the "bloodthirsty" line became #3 - and voila!
    Looks like a bug to me.
    This will have to be verified in 2.6 during the later testing stage.
    Something tells me this won't fire every time, but I sure did hit it (or rather it hit me...)

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

Actually, it checks the strength of whoever Teven is talking to. He will initiate dialog with the first person he sees, which isn't always the party leader or even the same person. You can tell who he is talking to by the "lips" icon which appears in the upper left corner of the portrait of whoever is doing the talking. If this person's strength is less than 10, then the bloodthirsty line will appear as #1 and if selected will cause a failure to join. If the person's strength is greater than 14, then the option appears as #3 and if selected will cause a successful join. This happens due to the order of these responses as they appear in the dialog file for Teven. I am confident that there is no actual bug here, and that the observed inconsistency is simply due to Teven initiating dialog with different party members each time.

The only change that would actually benefit the dialog for this encounter IMHO would be moving both the success response and the failure response right next to each other in the order of responses in the dialog file. This way a clever and observant player would not even notice that the responses appear at different numbers, and thus would have no way of knowing whether they would fail the check or not simply based on the order of the responses as they appear in game.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2020
    Tresset wrote: »
    Actually, it checks the strength of whoever Teven is talking to. He will initiate dialog with the first person he sees, which isn't always the party leader or even the same person. You can tell who he is talking to by the "lips" icon which appears in the upper left corner of the portrait of whoever is doing the talking. If this person's strength is less than 10, then the bloodthirsty line will appear as #1 and if selected will cause a failure to join. If the person's strength is greater than 14, then the option appears as #3 and if selected will cause a successful join. This happens due to the order of these responses as they appear in the dialog file for Teven. I am confident that there is no actual bug here, and that the observed inconsistency is simply due to Teven initiating dialog with different party members each time.

The only change that would actually benefit the dialog for this encounter IMHO would be moving both the success response and the failure response right next to each other in the order of responses in the dialog file. This way a clever and observant player would not even notice that the responses appear at different numbers, and thus would have no way of knowing whether they would fail the check or not simply based on the order of the responses as they appear in game.
    Nicely spotted, that's probably it.
    As I said initially - rather an inconsistency than a bug, but surely very opaque behavior. Because most of the time (almost always?) when there's an important dialogue (or a check?), NPC "talk" to the leader, or at least it's somehow explicitly shown that who they talk to is important (like calling male or female char). Here it's completely hidden and even if you spot the little red lips on the portrait it's hard to sort of "make a bridge" and divine that it's this that makes you fail to get the expected result.
  • AbathornAbathorn Member Posts: 17
    @JuliusBorisov, @srdbeamdog

I have a question, do you plan to include in this patch the original Spanish voices that came on the CD in 1998 and 2000 for BG1 and BG2?

Currently you can install them simply by downloading and copying them to the folder but it's a bit of a hassle and it would be nice if they came already in the installer.

I have already asked this question in the forum without getting an answer, is there any restriction to do it?