Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello i've got a problem with my new playthrough of baldur's gate 2 enhanced editions .

i've just create my new parties with mods (that worked really well) but i've got a new problem that i don't know how to resolve,when i started my parties a notification saying "not enough disc place in your game would you like to quit" and when i removed this notification my game worked well and nothing seems to bug, so as anyone encounter this ? does anyone know how to resolve it ?

good days .

ps: in my document for the saves games i have a disc version dating from the version 1.0 of the game in it too and it's with the latest 2.0 version of bg2ee steam.

We'd recommend deleting the Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder from Documents (before creating a backup with saves and portraits somewhere), launching the game again (it should create the folder anew, including the baldur.lua file).
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    edited November 2020
    ok thanks for the answers.

I (and I'm sure plenty of others) would set aside money for such products - so please keep in mind, that we are out there with money waiting ....

I'm playing HOTU and Daggerford simultaneously on the iPAD now and I really must commend the job Beamdog has done. The game is an absolute pleasure.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I can't remember if this was asked before, but in BG:EE why were some of the 3d movies replaced with pseudo-parallax environment shots (and the ones that were too dynamic to be replaced with a ppe shot removed entirely)? My assumption is that you all tried to upscale the movies and weren't satisfied with the results, but I'd rather give the official reason than give my perfectly reasonable speculation.
  • boogieboyboogieboy Member Posts: 11
    Hello, I read a news in web that Beamdog make a BIG patch for Icewind dale & Baldur's gate 1,2 & NW. But on forum i found news only old patches for NW. BIG patch for Icewind dale & Baldur's gate is it true or fake?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    boogieboy wrote: »
    Hello, I read a news in web that Beamdog make a BIG patch for Icewind dale & Baldur's gate 1,2 & NW. But on forum i found news only old patches for NW. BIG patch for Icewind dale & Baldur's gate is it true or fake?

It's true, of course. https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/the-road-to-2-6
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    Will we get native Apple Silicon ports of NWN and the Infinity Engine EE's?
    oakheart wrote: »

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1154905/#Comment_1154905
  • Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    Julius but WotC prohibit Beamdog to create any content for D&D so no NWN:EE Premium Module, no BG1&BG2 enancment ect. etc. ?
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    oakheart wrote: »

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1154905/#Comment_1154905

Aye, thank you Julius. However, as we know with Apple, translation layers like Rosetta only tend to be supported for a few OS releases.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Night76 wrote: »
    Julius but WotC prohibit Beamdog to create any content for D&D so no NWN:EE Premium Module, no BG1&BG2 enancment ect. etc. ?

We only know this is the case with the Infinity Engine games. Nothing has been stated for NWN yet.
    Prince_Raymond
  • XtremeHammondXtremeHammond Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys! Any news on Icewind Dale II source code or EE remake?
  • XtremeHammondXtremeHammond Member Posts: 2
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Yeah, I know of this mod, thanks sarevok57. But I play on Mac and Windows for me is not an option (I know about Bootcamp etc).
    So, I was curious whether there are some news on the source code.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The source code is lost. There'll be no news in that front.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    mlnevese wrote: »
    The source code is lost. There'll be no news in that front.

Where is the Sigh button reaction? :(
    Blackbɨrd
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    When the successor of SoD?
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Hafir wrote: »

SoD is an interlude filling the gap between BG1 and 2, therefore it can't have a successor.
    mlneveseAerakarBlackbɨrdanastiel
  • ScreamingMeatScreamingMeat Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2020
    PS4 user here.

Planescape crashes whenever I try to save the game. I’ve put in a ticket, but I’m concerned that there have been no patches for console since release and there appears to be a myriad of bugs in addition to the above.

I appreciate this is an old game and you’re a relatively small company, but given how expensive it is, I wonder if there are any patches on the horizon or whether you have moved on? Just need to know whether there is any point in continuing to try and play, and whether it is worth purchasing further BeamDog games on console.

Cheers
    @ScreamingMeat

No patches for the console release have been announced, sorry. Please report the issues you encounter at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
    ScreamingMeat
    edited December 2020
    @ScreamingMeat

No patches for the console release have been announced, sorry. Please report the issues you encounter at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Thanks for the quick response and for the link (though I’ve already placed a ticket).

Totally understand, but can you clarify whether that means console patches are something the team has under consideration or not? If the latter, I can save myself some hassle and money, and (reluctantly) start the process of getting a refund. Otherwise, I’d be happy to wait for any official announcement whichever way it falls.

Thanks.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Arvia wrote: »
    Hafir wrote: »

SoD is an interlude filling the gap between BG1 and 2, therefore it can't have a successor.

This supposition doesn't really mesh well with SoD creating a flagrant cliffhanger dealing with Skie's ultimate fate.
    Pokota
    No info about any potential patch for the console versions is available. I'd suggest making a decision based on all the factors. As a final attempt to solve that issue, uninstall the game and reinstall it, try loading the previous save and saving.
    ScreamingMeat
    No info about any potential patch for the console versions is available. I'd suggest making a decision based on all the factors. As a final attempt to solve that issue, uninstall the game and reinstall it, try loading the previous save and saving.

I’ll give it a shot, thanks.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GlaciaruzGlaciaruz Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2020

Hi JuliusBorisov.
    Well that response isn't quite uplifting to those of us who already bought the retail console versions of both Baldur's Gate/Siege of Dragonspear/Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale/Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights, and found out that they weren't very stable, and have many gamebreaking bugs.
    I haven't even played them after I bought them since they all - especially Planescape Torment which already broke the first time I played it after the very first dialog tree initiated by Morte in the very beginning where the text disappeared, and I couldn't proceed - have various problems which still to this day hasn't been fixed.

I already own all all of the Enhanced Edition Infinity Engine games plus soundtracks on Steam and GOG (and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on Beamdog) as well as Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe on GOG, and of course all of all of the abovementioned games on Xbox One, and to be honest your response where you wrote the following "I'd suggest making a decision based on all the factors" isn't very comforting at all since it could be interpreted both ways which usually is a clear "corporate indicator" of "No", so I was wondering, especially with the whole Cyberpunk 2077 controversy which resulted in a refund offer (and yes I also bought Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One, and it was broken on consoles to a degree I've personally never experienced before, and definitely one of the greatest disappointments of the year - I mean 8 years of waiting while mentally trapped in the manipulative evil corporate hypemachine (made by a company that built its entire fanbase around having the anti-corporate approach to its game and interaction with its customers!) where the result is a trainwreck in slowmotion!?), if you guys could show your supporters the same customer friendly gesture, and refund those of us who bought the console versions just like CDPROJEKT RED just have done? Or at least promise that you'll fix the console versions eventually?

I'll of course will keep my PC versions, and play the games once the patch 2.6 is finished (which hopefully finally fixes all of the bugs either not fixed or introduced in previous patches), but the console versions, again especially the "Icewind Dale/Planescape: Torment" version, seems to be abandoned with either only vague semi-answers about the plans of fixing it, or completely ignoring the Beamdog supporter's questions in the forum.

Speaking of patches and in particular Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition then I've asked this question before, but I'll ask again since it's my all time favorite game, and there's still some gamebreaking bugs in the PC version Enhanced Edition (and probably also in the console version) with the infamous Modron Cube and areas reset which definitely should be fixed ASAP since that bug can ruin the whole game as well as the immersion of the experience. That particular bug wasn't in the original release back in the day, but anyway It's a legendary cult classic CRPG game, and even though it seems like it wasn't a huge success financially it's still a treasure and part of the CRPG legacy of the end 90's beginning 2000's that should be treated with utmost respect: https://steamcommunity.com/app/466300/discussions/3/1734333281938867469/

Anyway it's been a while since I've posted about these issues, but at least the Patch 2.6 is finally on the table, so maybe there's still hope that the other potential fixes won't be abandoned?
    Thanks for your help (and more specific answer?), and I wish you all a merry christmas, and a happy new year (even though these are indeed dark times we're living in).

Best regards
    Glaciaruz
    Prince_RaymondMiraStastnySorrowSeerBlackbɨrd
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Greetings.

Read about fixes in 2.6
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80867/road-to-2-6-planned-patch-items-windows-macos-linux/p1

There is no information about snow maiden's reaver in list of fixes
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40342/snow-maidens-reaver-broken-differently-now

Will this really cool (in both ways)) sword be fixed in 2.6?
    Blackbɨrd
  • kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    Hi, when polish translete bg sod for ps4? I know polish team make this translete but at this moment is only for PC. Sorry for my english ;)
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Any news coming soon about a new product release ?
    Hafir
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    An *unserious* question I saw being asked...
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • Przemo3028Przemo3028 Member Posts: 1
    Hi

BG: EE keeps crashing on Nintendo Switch and it became unplayable... What to do? I tried everything, reinstalled, checked for corrupted data, etc.
    For the first 20h it was never happened, but now it happens all the time.
    Blackbɨrd