Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is almost here!

Comments

• HMFHMF Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you very much for this beautiful project.
    - Pickpocketing was very flawed in vanilla, especially in HoF. I hope in this mod you don't forget to fix it ;-).
    - Is it possible to run IWD2 in BG2 or IWD1 engine? IWD2 engine is really very bad.
    - IWD2 need BG2 or IWD1 Interface. IWD2 Interface is not good.
    - Most of items in IWD2 need new skins. They have to be different from each other especially the unique ones.
    Post edited by HMF on
  • eXistenZe_OneeXistenZe_One Member Posts: 1
    Hey there. Need more testers?
  • KreatoRKreatoR Member Posts: 36
    Guys you are awesome for doing this!

By the way do you have any date estimates when this is coming out?
  • elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    I would like to try it out. I have the GOG Version.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Will this improve frame rate and shorten saving and loading? These were easily the worst part of IWD2

either way, looks phenomenal
  • hajnalhajnal Member Posts: 1
    is it possible to check this mod? how to download it?
  • MercilessMerciless Member Posts: 1
    hello. if u need more testers, let me know.
  • KreatoRKreatoR Member Posts: 36
    Any news on the progression of developement, or an estimated date of release?

I can't wait for it to come out its eating me from the inside!
  • WHRyderWHRyder Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I noticed that your team is busy with the testing and debugging on the Enhanced Edition of Icewind Dale 2, which has given me hope for this game that I have completed long time ago and want to come and do another round in the future.

Regarding the Prestige Class that came with the 3rd edition rules, may I suggest that instead of giving Prestige Classes as extra classes which will requires lots of debugging and testing around before final release, how about giving the Prestige Classes as Feat abilities instead?

This way it can reduce the hassle and time for debugging and testing around, and makes the game closer to the 3rd edition rules.

To make Prestige Class unique in every way, is to make certain requirements that must qualify before the characters are eligible for that feat, an example from my perspective should be as follows:

=============================
    To be able to choose Dwarven Defender as a Feat, the character must have the following:
    * Be a Dwarf race
    * Be weapon specialized in martial weapons
    * Be able to wear heavy armor and are specialized or master on shields mastery
    * Be X levels of Fighter
    * Have X amount of CON and X amount of STR
    * Have other Feats that fit a Dwarven Defender such as Great Fort, Bullheaded
    * Have X amount of certain skills such as intimidation or anything that is related to Dwarven Defender
    * ETC, ETC

Once chosen, it will give bonuses such as extra AC that is not inhibited by magical items as well as reducing incoming damages by X amount so long the weapon is +X or lower, and lastly extra abilities related to Dwaven Defenders.

And the Feat can be picked up 3 times, to increase the bonuses, but the requirements becomes more steeper.
    =============================

This way, from my perspective, it should be able to be a workaround instead of adding a Prestige Class as an extra class

Lastly you don't really have to add all the Prestige Classes, just the ones that are easier and have lesser requirements
  • AlekdeAlekde Member Posts: 15
    hey

i love to try IWD2EE :) please add me to test :)
  • LogiteksLogiteks Member Posts: 21
    One of the things that I've always missed in IWD2 are Attacks of Opportunity. I don't see it mentioned in the opening posts. I'm wondering what is the team's opinion regarding this mechanic and how feasible would be implementing it with Bubb's IEex.
  • Acrux2Acrux2 Member Posts: 51
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    @Acrux2
    Acrux2 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to fix "natural healing" where characters are only getting 1HP healed per rest? It should be 1 HP per level. Just a small thing, considering most people probably use "rest until healed" but it's always bugged me a little.

The next update of IWD2EE which I'm currently working on fixes this. In the screenshot below, my level 13 characters heal 13 hit points upon resting for 8 hours.

t5a1nqykhjqg.bmp

Nice! This alone is reason to use the mod for me!
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2021
    Very surprise to see this thread, really looking forward to the release of this mod.

I played IWD2 with the well-written NPC mod (from Domi I think) many years ago, although the game and MODs are good, I gave up eventually due to very small font size and the UI is not really comfortable, zooming too far for widescreen also makes everything too small for my eyes.

And now I found this IWD2 EE mod, the screenshots here all looks amazing~

Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
  • lajyolajyo Member Posts: 2
    Greetings! I heard some Inon Zur a couple days ago, so I'm gearing up to play through IWD2 again. Thought I'd check in to see how this project is coming along and to ask if I could participate in the beta. I intend to play through the whole game over the course of the next few weeks, so I can provide feedback pretty quickly. Thanks!
  • SkovzztSkovzzt Member Posts: 1
    I litterally just started a new replay, and I would love to try out this beta instead :D
  • EheiehEheieh Member Posts: 1
    how can I test this? @semiticgod, @ashafetov, @Igor_Levchenko they seem not to be around
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    Eheieh wrote: »
    how can I test this? @semiticgod, @ashafetov, @Igor_Levchenko they seem not to be around

Hi @Eheieh
    @semiticgoddess is very active on the forum, but I think that the reference in the first post is to the wrong user name - semiticgoddess can you edit your first post?

@Eheieh you can write a Personal message (PM) to Semiticgoddess. She can help you become a Beta tester
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2021
    Hello, I would like to try out this IWD2EE :) What can I do for this? :)
    @semiticgoddess ? :)
    Post edited by konva on
  • quarrymanquarryman Member Posts: 3
    This looks awesome. Any ETA for release?

How do I sign up to be a tester?
  • MerlinMerlin Member Posts: 15
    Is this still active?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @Merlin
    Merlin wrote: »
    Is this still active?

Yes, I've been continuously working on IWD2EE over the past couple of weeks.
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    I've been watching these updates for a while and I just wanted to say, Great Work! It always bothered me that the Monk animations were just one handed animations instead of the BG2 style. I realize it's only humans, but this is special! Like it should have been in the first place. Way to go! Excited to see this released!
This discussion has been closed.