Skip to content

Original Poison Weapon ability for BG1:EE and BG2:EE

2»

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited March 2019
    kjeron wrote: »
    A minor little typo, no install errors, but a major impact, sorry about that. Fixed version in this post.

Is this tweak obsolete on v2.5? Probably only the Stoneskin part, right?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Luke93 wrote: »
    Is this tweak obsolete on v2.5? Probably only the Stoneskin part, right?
    Just the stoneskin part. Still cannot believe they changed it like that, blocking all poisons regardless of source, rather than selectively.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Hello @Tresset and thank you for making the old poison ability available.
    I have a couple of questions: I have created a halfling assassin that I plan to get until TOB, through SoD.
    I have copied the file in the BG1EE override and in the BGEE2 override.
    - How should I do for SoD? SHould I create as well an override file and add the BG1EE file ?
    - Is it compatible with Tweaks and SCS ?

Thank you very much.

RIgel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Rigel:

SoD is part of BG:EE so if you have put files into the override folder for BG:EE, they'll work for SoD
    This is compatible with Tweaks and SCS.

I would personally recommend, however, using this tweak instead: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1160562#Comment_1160562
    RigelOrlonKronsteenAerakar
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you very much, I will use this new tweak.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    @JuliusBorisov Wow, this poison tweak seems to do exactly as indicated by @Tresset - makes poison weapon not too weak, nor too powerful at any level. I like how it scales damage-wise and especially like the saving throw negation scaling approach. Thanks for sharing!

And, any chance of Beamdog incorporating this into the next patch? General consensus seems to be that the 2016 nerf did go somewhat too far in weakening the ability, at least for assassins. Perhaps time to address this? :)
    JuliusBorisovTressetBlackraven