Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,448
    edited February 2021
    @Harpagornis No, that's how I imagined it. Otherwise it would've little to no effect. I was just thinking of Karoug or Demon Knight, and that pretty much forces Demon Knight as I don't want to give up Twinkle. Demon Knight might be a lot easier anyway.
    @Harpagornis What are ye doing? :D

I'm the voice of oppressed, who else would talk for the figh... little guys? :)
  • AvidGamerFanAvidGamerFan Member Posts: 157
    edited February 2021
    Congrats, @XDarkStrikerX on your successful run. F/M are unanimously considered one of the best classes in the game, but it's still no mean feat to complete the entire saga solo on LoB difficulty. :smiley: Looking forward to hearing about your SCS adventures... do you think you'll be joining in with the additional challenges?
    Each item can only be recharged once... i thought this would be cristal clear @histamiini. :p

So if you discovered 3 amulets of missiles, that gives you 3 refills (1 of each amulet) rather than 1 (you can only refill any amulet of missile once)? And 'the game' means the whole saga, rather than BG1, SoD, etc.?

P.S. Just checked the current runs... did Suk'ka and @Mr_Salty's priest of Lathander complete the whole saga? The last things I saw about Suk'ka was here and I can't remember reading much about the priest of Lathander, but I might be wrong. I ask because I've often been tempted to play a barbarian, but don't want to offer a pale imitation of someone else's glories... and if Suk'ka has "only" reached Amelyssan, then I may have a get-out clause!
    Post edited by AvidGamerFan on
  • XDarkStrikerXXDarkStrikerX Member Posts: 102
    @AvidGamerFan I'm definitely going to join you into the SCS adventure! I'm wondering how to properly install it right now, should be fine soon. If you know any tutorial for SCS and Ascension, it would definitely help as i really don't want to mix things up. Tutorials that i found seems to be outdated or the links provided don't exist anymore...

Concerning SCS, as i never tried it so far and going blind on LoB, i won't try no reload anytime soon but i'll definitely pick up some additionnal challenges that you guys setted up, like defeating some optional monsters and bosses (skipped Karoug on my last run, i will definitely try it next time). If i'm trying it as a F/I again, i would really like to find a way to deal with the SoD shadow aspect effectively without a PFU (might not be possible). I've read that it is possible to recharge the Secret Revealed and that it might be efficient against it but i never manage to recharge the thing with Deepvein and never tried the trick myself. If not F/I, i'm considering F/M/T, F/M/C, Totemic Druid/Fighter, Dwarven Defender, Blade or maybe a Mage class to try that 1hp trick for Belhifet as i can't seem to find a way to effectively kill him without it especially with the ST fix. Reading all your newest runs is make me eager to get started. I also won't abuse Drizzt AI and the Shapechange trick considering that it's getting patched in 2.6.

Conserning the Fireshield Blue + Otiluke sphere trick, this is the best that i managed to get and i'm not trying any further, 1hp trick it is:

jm1xuk0dstnb.png

The problem is, there is just so many spawned monsters that eventually i can't run away at all and eventually get stuck, i can't just take a hit, i'm insta-killed everytime. At this point, more than half of the arena is filled with demons which makes it very hard for Bel to even reach me once the sphere is up and it takes half the sphere duration before he manage to swing at me. Many time (majority of the time actually) i got unlucky and got a late Erinyes spawn while into the sphere, it probably took me over 800 reloads if not over 1k to get to this semi-successful attempt with only 2 feebleminded Erinyes, it's just not possible to distract the horde with summons after a few gates. 3-4 sphere is pretty achievable at around 25-30% success rate i would say, more than that however is lower than 5% for sure, if not lower than 1%. I really want to attempt this with a mage/thief or something similar for some ridiculous endgame trapping but i can't seem to find a way past this fight. Getting stuck there on insane really broke my motivation in the past. Of course you could simply superbuff Caelar and she would probably mop the floor with him even on LoB but then it's not a solo run anymore...
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    I have just a technical question to my dear co-sufferers:

Tyr does not allow us to attack or kill innocents unless being provoked through dialogue.

But what if one of my Nymphs dominates an innocent and the poor one gets killed afterwards by an enemy?

Is this legit or will Tyr turn me into dust instantly? ^^
    edited February 2021
    @Harpagornis Well if it's by accident and you don't benefit from it, courts usually don't give death penalty for that I don't think. :)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,326
    I have just a technical question to my dear co-sufferers:

Tyr does not allow us to attack or kill innocents unless being provoked through dialogue.

But what if one of my Nymphs dominates an innocent and the poor one gets killed afterwards by an enemy?

Is this legit or will Tyr turn me into dust instantly? ^^

Is it actually an issue? I don't think nymphs' own AI will dominate an innocent (unless you've already turned them into an enemy through dialogue). If of course you were considering initiating a domination yourself, as a way to get around the curse, then that would count as an attack and Tyr would no doubt exact a dreadful revenge >:).
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    edited February 2021
    no "attacking or killing of innocents unless they have been provoked through dialogue"? hmmm, *casts gate* >:)

edit: I should also say that Abigail the Fighter/Cleric is not cataclysm, I think I will try and get a character beyond mid-SoD before I make things even less pleasant lol
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,358
    Hi @Blackraven
    I will second the notion about the spell “Righteous wrath of the faithful”.

But the alignments are off course very important. We had a discussion about it here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69758/easy-question-about-righteous-wrath-of-the-faithful
    And in IWD the undead in game summons apparently shared the true neutral alignment with the aerial servants. So you might have to look in near infinity or ctrl Q for the alignment. before trying the strategy.
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    edited February 2021
    @Blackraven @StummvonBordwehr

I took a good alignment for ring of purity in SoD, and neutral arbitrarily. I suppose could restart Neutral Evil for the skellie buff overall since +1 apr on top of all those bonuses is really good and so are the level scaling skeletons. I could then use helm of opposite alignment to equip ring of purity for Bel. I am guessing I can equip helm, equip ring, cast remove curse and swap to another helm with ring of purity staying in place?