Skip to content

[MOD] Shades of the Sword Coast

Comments

• Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    I can't find a way to start the Ulcaster ruins quest. Do I need to talk to someone first?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    You just have to enter the new Ulcaster area and a new talk will start. There is a new passage left from the pile where the Ulcaster book is. There is this room there, with a new passage. The room is a bit dark so it may be a bit hard to see.

Cheers!
    Thank you, that worked! One more question, what do we need to do for the Melting Man Quest? I forgot what it was and the readme doesn't give a clue.
    Depends on the quest part. You're supposed to find a cave north from Nashkel. Once you talk to the Melting Man himself, you will need to find a woman connected to the story. She's not far from Nashkel village.
    I found the cave, but I can't find the woman. Can you spoiler me please?
  • gerrigerri Member Posts: 1
    Hello Lava!
    I love your mods in BGT and I would wish, you make this mod for BGT possible. There are many players which play BGT istead of EE!
    Thanks
    @Skull_Bearer
    she's in one of the gambling tents on the Carnival

@gerri - it's not going to happen. This mod is and will always be EE-only. It uses many new actions, triggers, opcodes, animations and includes SoD content.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    gerri wrote: »
    Hello Lava!
    I love your mods in BGT and I would wish, you make this mod for BGT possible. There are many players which play BGT istead of EE!
    Thanks

most modders mostly use the ee these days as it adds features that arnt in the originals.
    Thank you! I love your mods so much.
    Thank you! :)
    Sorry, a couple more questions: I have the 3 skeletons for the mother, but talking to her doesn't do anything?
    Also, what do I do with the dog bones?
    Thank you again!
    That may be a bug I need to fix. Do you know how to use the console? If yes, then use this code:
    C:SetGlobal("L#SKEQuest","GLOBAL",1)

Then, try talking to her again.

Info on activating console: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm
    That worked!
  • MidnightVoyagerMidnightVoyager Member Posts: 31
    Getting an error on trying to install this.

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [AR4501.are] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.
    ERROR Installing [Shades of the Sword Coast – Expansion Pack for BGEE], rolling back to previous state

This is completely vanilla BGEE. I tried it on a totally clean EE install to try to track down if the error was anything on my end.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 502
    Getting an error on trying to install this.

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [AR4501.are] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.
    ERROR Installing [Shades of the Sword Coast – Expansion Pack for BGEE], rolling back to previous state

This is completely vanilla BGEE. I tried it on a totally clean EE install to try to track down if the error was anything on my end.
    Do you also have SoD ? If yes, and if you bought the game on Steam or GoG, you need to install modmerger before installing another mod : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use
    Also, make sure your game is patched. Outdated versions (especially versions lower than 2.0) may not work properly with this mod. Well, the mod won't even install then, I guess.
  • MidnightVoyagerMidnightVoyager Member Posts: 31
    Huh. I figured out the problem... sortof? For some reason, Project Infinity stopped being able to install pre-BG2 mods. I did it manually and it worked. Well, if anyone else has that problem, here's something to try, I guess.

Also people recommend against modmerge now and for DLCMerge, which I do have
    Huh. I figured out the problem... sortof? For some reason, Project Infinity stopped being able to install pre-BG2 mods. I did it manually and it worked. Well, if anyone else has that problem, here's something to try, I guess.

Thanks for the advice, I will ckeck DLCMerge for my next install.

Thanks for the advice, I will ckeck DLCMerge for my next install.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited April 2021
    Hi i really enjoy your mod @LavaDelVortel :)

Very nice Items (Some of them with Unique Effects), well written Dialogue, some Challenging Encounters, (The Stat Drain of the Ettin in Mountain Peak crushed me the first time i was there and the Bone Guardian in the Cult of Dragon hits like a Truck and was quite challenging :o) the content blends in very well with the Original Game and i encountered almost no Bug with my Current Mod Setup. I still play the BETA4 Version but will install the new Update soon in Conjunction with the recent Patch 2.6 from Beamdog. Still play with 2.5 for now.

I encountered one "Dupilcation Bug". Maybe it's because i use lefreut's Enhanced UI? I don't know if that kind of bug would appear in the Standard Beamdog UI.

The Ormyrrs' Peak Journal Entry seems to duplicate itself in the Journal at the Start of each Chapter. I made a few Screenshots of the Duplication Entry and will provide my Weidu log.

I really enjoy your Mods!!! Keep up the Good Work!!! Shades of the Sword Coast will be a Stable in my Mod Installiation from now on :)

Weidu Log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Lovesick Half-Orc: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Many Little Paws: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Brage's Sword: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Legal Sea Charts Sources: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Additions to the Lady's Hall and the Bitch Queen's Temple: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #14 // A Worried Farmer: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bodies for a Good Cause: v23
    ~BGQE\SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Finish Cordyr's Quest without killing Sil: v23
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Endless BG1: Main Component (Required): 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #1 // More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate (Includes PC's Residence Inside Palace): 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #2 // Short Public Hero Tribute: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #3 // Sarevok's Unique Items: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #4 // Sarevok's Sword: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #5 // Imoen and Duke Jannath (Imoen Gets Residence Inside Palace): 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #6 // Duke Eltan Is in the Palace: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #7 // Flaming Fist After Final Fight: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #8 // Elminster Makes an Appearance -> jastey's Version: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #10 // First Refugees Come to Baldur's Gate: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #11 // Ophyllis the Treasurer is Inside Palace Dungeon: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #12 // Denkod in Thieves' Guild Comments on Sarevok's Death: 6.1
    ~C#ENDLESSBG1\C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2~ #0 #13 // Skip Thieves' Maze Once After Sarevok's Death: 6.1
    ~SOTSC\SOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shades of the Sword Coast – Expansion Pack for BGEE: BETA4
    ~ISRA\ISRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, EET, BGT and TuTu: v3.4
    ~SIRENE\SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    ~VERRSZA\VERRSZA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Verr'Sza - the rakshasa NPC for BG1EE: 5.3
    ~WHITE\WHITE.TP2~ #0 #0 // White NPC for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu: 2.11
    ~DRAKE\SETUP-DRAKE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Drake NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: 1.6
    ~ARTISANSKITPACK\ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Artisan's Kitpack: Arcane Archer Fighter Kit: 2.1
    ~ARTISANSKITPACK\ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Artisan's Kitpack: Divine Champion Paladin Kit: 2.1
    ~ARTISANSKITPACK\ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Artisan's Kitpack: Rogue Archer Thief Kit: 2.1
    ~ARTISANSKITPACK\ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Artisan's Kitpack: Way of the Assassin (Assassin Rework): 2.1
    ~ARTISANSKITPACK\ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Artisan's Kitpack: Warhorn Shaman Kit: 2.1
    ~EMILY\EMILY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Emily NPC for BG1EE: 1.63
    ~EMILY\EMILY.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose an alternate class for Emily? -> Arcane Archer (Fighter Kit): 1.63
    ~EMILY\EMILY.TP2~ #0 #3 // Choose whether or not to have Emily's custom soundtrack play during timed talks. -> Emily's Music: 1.63
    ~KALE\KALE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kale NPC for BG1EE and SoD: 1.65
    ~VIENXAY\VIENXAY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Vienxay NPC for BG1EE: 1.61
    ~HELGA\SETUP-HELGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Helga NPC Mod: 1.53
    ~RECORDER\SETUP-RECORDER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Recorder NPC MoD: 1.45
    ~RECORDER\SETUP-RECORDER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose whether or not to have Recorder's custom soundtrack play during timed talks. -> Recorder's Music: 1.45
    ~GLAMNPCPACK\SETUP-GLAMNPCPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE, BGT and BG TUTU
    ~AURA_BG1\SETUP-AURA_BG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aura NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: 3.3
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #40 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #50 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #60 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #70 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #80 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #110 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs): v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #120 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #155 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Coran his "Murder in Baldur's Gate" portrait: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #160 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v25
    ~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v25
    ~BG1NPCMUSIC\SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
    ~AJANTISBG1\SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installs Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification: 16
    ~AJANTISBG1\SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the unique BG:EE BAM for Ajantis' Family Shield: 16
    ~CORANBGFRIEND\CORANBGFRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran's Extended BG Friendship Talks: v4
    ~XANBG1FRIEND\SETUP-XANBG1FRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's friendship path for BG1: v11
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #105 // Main Component: Amount of -ahem- details and BG-style vs. description text! (Required) -> Descriptive Version [Adult content] and Show/Install all Components with Warnings.: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bardolan's Briefing, by berelinde: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Scar's Spare Time, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Kim's Preoccupation, by jastey (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Extension of Bjornin Encounter (Personal Wound Treatment), by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // No Starch in the Maypole: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Duke Eltan's Spare Minute, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Husam's Personal Preparation, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Laurel's Post-Hunting, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Bartus' Seduction, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Lina's Massage, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // First Night with Quentin, by Kulyok: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Chatting Niklos Up, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Slythe and Krystin, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // No Regrets: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Purchased Love, by Thimblerig: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Hull: Heavy Duty, by Lava: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Late Night with Jaheira, by Kulyok: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Sil's Blessing, by Lava: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Melicamp: The Poultry Boy, by Lava: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reading with Rinnie, by Western Paladin: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Molly the Husband-Grabber, by Kulyok: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // The Mourning of Centeol, the Spider Lady, by Lava: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // The Essential End, by Lava (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // The Harvestmen Lair, by Lava (mature content): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Great Zudini, by Kulyok (mature content): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Messenger, by Thimblerig: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // The Novelists, by Thimblerig: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // The Honest Lies of Two Riversides, By Lava: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Necromancer's Trouble, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Dinner with Thalantyr, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Girdle of Gender Reactions, by Thimblerig, Kulyok, Domi, Lava, Lastknightleft, Twani, Jastey, Daisy Ninja Girl: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // The Surgeon's Dream, by Kulyok: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // All That Left Was, by Lava and Thimblerig: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // A Childhood Friend, by Kulyok: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Arlene the Working Girl, by Kulyok: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Della May from Thay, by Kulyok: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // A Dirty Guard in Candlekeep, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Phoenix Flame, by Kulyok (mature content): 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // Mikala the Monk, by Twani: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night, by Thimblerig and tibicina: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Camryn and Tamah, by tibicina: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // Minor Disclosures, by jastey: 6.0
    ~BG1RE\SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Cloakwood Lovers, by tibicina: 6.0
    ~HAMMERS\SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Thrown Hammers: v6.1.0
    ~HAMMERS\SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Thrown Spiritual Hammers: v6.1.0
    ~HAMMERS\SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Normal throwing hammers: v6.1.0
    ~HAMMERS\SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #35 // +1 throwing weapons: v6.1.0
    ~HAMMERS\SETUP-HAMMERS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Additional magic items: v6.1.0
    ~WILLOWISP\WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #5 // Witchlight Shaman Standalone Kit: 1.6
    ~LEUI\LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 4.3.1
    ~MNKOVERHAUL\MNKOVERHAUL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Monk Fist Overhaul -> 3:+1 9:+2 12:+3 15:+4 25:+5
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1251 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Alora to Gullykin: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1252 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Eldoth to the Coast Way: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1253 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Quayle to the Nashkel Carnival: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1254 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Shar-Teel to North Nashkel Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1255 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Tiax to Beregost: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1256 // Move NPCs to Convenient Locations: Move Viconia to South Beregost Road: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2152 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item (Angel): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2390 // Paladins Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables (grogerson): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Rangers Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables (grogerson): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2410 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3300 // Death Cam: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v9
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3540 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 33.7
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 33.7
    ~PPE\SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
    ~PPE\SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01

Screenshots:
    yw1a29za3qhk.png
    pzn3j8kgetij.png
    g9l850c72pep.png
    smjd76xi4dwr.png

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    @Wutan1988
    Journal entries should only double if there is a spelling error in one of the texts so the engine doesn't recognize it's the same entry.
    Journal entries adding up like this would be - as far as I can tell - an engine bug. Even *if* the mod would add this journal entry every other moment, it should still only show up only once inside the journal, in theory.

One possibility is that the engine can't handle journal entries that are not added via ADD_JOURNAL so it indeed thinks it's all a new entry. That assuming the mod adds this journal entry several times at all and doesn't do ADD_JOURNAL.

All in all it's a weird bug. @LavaDelVortel in case the mod is not traified yet, I would traify the journal entries and use ADD_JOURNAL for a first try to address this.
    I use scripts to handle journals, because many of the quest and their entries update outside of the dialogue files - after clicking on an info region, or upon finding an item or upon death of some character etc. That way I can trace journal entries easier. I know there are downsides in such approache, but that's the way of handling this I decided to take. Especially with ~40 quests and encounters.

Anyway, journal entries WILL work better once I am happy with the shape of this project and the mod is traified. Once that's done, I can add final things like making the entries show correctly etc. Until it's done, there may be some minor issues with that part of the mod.

BUT I should mention something else: there was a bug in Ormyrrs' Peak journal entry script in BETA4 and that's why I released BETA4.1. Use:
    C:SetGlobal("L#ORMYRRQUESTJ","GLOBAL",2)

Just in case you had the version that had this bug where I forgot the variable.

Enjoy!
  • petemoorepetemoore Member Posts: 7
    hi everyone newbie here
    i really want to play this mod as it looks great but all the text with new characters is just gobbledegook it doesnt make any sense.is there any other mods that make conflict this mod.i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but its the same.for instance i speak to the kobold in baldurs gate and it has a long sentance as his name and spouts rubbish that doesnt make any sense.please someone help as i really like the look of this mod.t.i.a
    Make sure:
    -that you have a DLC Merger or modmerge (best use the first one) if you have SoD and you use Steam
    -upon first installation of the mod you are asked about game language you are going to use - if you picked English, make sure that you're playing an English version (installer applied changes ONLU to the dialog.tlk of that language you picked: if you picked English version, but you actually play in - let's say - French, then then you'll get some random / non-existent lines in places where mod lines should be)
    -there was a patch yesterday: make sure it's not like you installed the mod and then patched the game: that would "scramble" everything
    -your game version is at least 2.5; I checked if the mod installs on 2.6 and the installation went fine, so I THINK 2.6 is also ok.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Also: do not use an old save for a newly modded game.
    oh, right! This mod changes MANY existing areas so there more than one reason to start a new game.
  • petemoorepetemoore Member Posts: 7
    deleted the whole file and installed and its working.i think todd the super tester mod was corrupting it.many thanks for the mod its great.i play bg every day and this has brightened up the game no end.wish you had more as this is fab.well done and many thanks
    Well, I have more mods like that. I have a full site of mods: https://downloads.weaselmods.net/
    Enjoy