Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Maybe demon years are the inverse of dog years and that much faster.
    Balrog99StummvonBordwehr
  • ShadowBlazeShadowBlaze Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2021
    Hmm, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. In BGEE, in Neera's quest, you find the body of a woman named Rilsa and have the option of burying her.

But, the same option is not provided for Gorion in BGEE. You just let your father figure rot for days in the middle of the wild area and some poor chap from Candlekeep has to clean up after you.
    Post edited by ShadowBlaze on
    amberCoffeeCatWise_GrimwaldArviaThacoBell
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    That mention of Rilsa ... just thought of something.

When you go back to the ranger, you can report what you did about the goblins. There's supposed to be a dialogue option for "I killed the troublemakers, the others won't cause trouble", but it's bugged. The trigger condition is off by one so if you kill the hostile goblins in the cave and leave the others alone, you get the "I exterminated them all" option instead. Oops.

(This is as of game version 2.5. I don't think this was updated in 2.6, but I don't actually know yet.)
    Arvia
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Yup. The original devs did not think of something similar to the Rilsa* option. Maybe they were thinking along the lines "you shouldn't go back there anyway, since Sarverok's hunting for you"?
    * also, by the way, it's Neera's quest, not Rasaad's.

But BG1NPC mod addresses the issue of Gorion's burial, for anyone interested.

With that mod there are a variety of ways of handling it. :)
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Does this mummy transformation work with the Rod of Resurrection also?
    No. It's specifically the cleric spell, and the rod doesn't cast that.
    Aerakar
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited June 2021
    argent77 wrote: »
    Did you know that Mummies undergo an unusual transformation when you cast the level 7 priest spell "Resurrection" on them?

Btw, that effect was already available in the original BG2 game. I wonder if it was meant as some kind of easter egg by the Bioware developers?
    Aerakarsemiticgoddesselminster
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    I have always been wondering why no modder has ever tried to use this feature, before I did... ;)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Is this for real? o.O
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    lroumen wrote: »
    Is this for real? o.O

My thoughts exactly. ~10 years (for me) of periodically replaying Baldur's Gate wasn't enough to ever think of casting THAT spell on a 'living' enemy.
    edited July 2021
    Mordaine is an Invoker and an elf. An illegal combination.

I feel that the Devs missed a trick in the training room. They could have had one of them having a strength spell memorised so that Charname could open some of the chests in the inn that a mage or cleric cannot open.

They could also have had some illusional scrolls that disappear upon leaving the training room (nothing too powerful), but which you have a chance to memorise whilst in there.

Ideas for part of a mod perhaps alongside giving the assassins there +1 armour. It would make investigating Candlekeep worthwhile.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    JuliusBorisovBalrog99Grond0Aerakar
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Mordaine is an Invoker and an elf. An illegal combination.

I feel that the Devs missed a trick in the training room. They could have had one of them having a strength spell memorised so that Charname could open some of the chests in the inn that a mage or cleric cannot open.

They could also have had some illusional scrolls that disappear upon leaving the training room (nothing too powerful), but which you have a chance to memorise whilst in there.

Ideas for part of a mod perhaps alongside giving the assassins there +1 armour. It would make investigating Candlekeep worthwhile.

Yeah, right now only thief types or barbarians using rage can get the sweet loot in Candlekeep. It would be nice to have other options.
    There is a potion of clarity plus minor treasure available to fighters with over 18 strength. The item worth 1000gp is indeed only available to thieves and barbarians plus rage. My suggestion of having a mage casting strength would not, I believe, make the gem worth 1000gp available. I think that having that gem unavailable was deliberate, but the potion, perhaps not. IMO having extra items available if you use your brains is a good thing.
    Balrog99AerakarStummvonBordwehr
    jmerry wrote: »
    No. It's specifically the cleric spell, and the rod doesn't cast that.
    Addendum: as of 2.6, the rod does cast cleric Resurrection. Part of the general update to raise/resurrection effects.

Another thing, new in 2.6 and not mentioned in the patch notes? A Shapeshifter's greater werewolf form now grants regeneration. 1 hit point every two seconds (3 per round), as long as you're transformed.
    At least, it does in BG2EE. BGEE still has a non-regenerating version, not that it matters without modding or cheating your way past the level cap.
    AerakarChronicler
    That because of his low intelligence, Yeslick is unable to use the Wand of the Heavens. He isn't even able to use it if given the tome to increase intelligence though taking potions would presumably enable its use. :(
    StummvonBordwehr
    Yep. Also wands of fear. On the flip side, that makes him a perfect candidate for the Big-Fisted Belt.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Yep. Also wands of fear. On the flip side, that makes him a perfect candidate for the Big-Fisted Belt.

It also makes him a pretty good candidate for being left in the mine when you pull the plug.
    Wise_GrimwaldMERLANCE

It also makes him a pretty good candidate for being left in the mine when you pull the plug.

In favour of Quayle perhaps. [I'm wanting a good party]
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    It's a kind of funny quirk that the requisite intelligence for literacy is also the requisite intelligence for wands.

I've seen it speculated that the reason why is that wands have instructions written on them, that you have to follow.

If I recall stat requisites like this are one of the few things you can't bypass with the Use Any Item ability. Your thief might have a knack for using all manner of crazy tools, but if that sword's too heavy for them, then they can't lift it, and if they can't read, then scrolls are off the table.
    ShadowBlazeStummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldMontresor_SP
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Damn. You could at least reject him so he travels to Baldur's Gate!
    elminster wrote: »

I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.
    elminster
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Pretty sure "ignoring him and then him drowning" would hurt more than just his feelings
    Katzerchen
    Pokota wrote: »
    Pretty sure "ignoring him and then him drowning" would hurt more than just his feelings

To be honest I don't normally drown him. I generally take him into the party and then let Kagain kill him. That way no one's feelings get hurt.
    edited July 2021
    elminster wrote: »

I take him to the entrance of the mine before dropping him as I wouldn't want him to drown. His feelings aren't hurt that much as he makes it plain that he will rejoin the party when he is wanted.
    elminster
    Whereas if you send him off to the big city, he'll be there to talk to but won't be willing to join the party.

Yeslick is a character greatly improved by those convenience "send NPCs to inns" mods. Without that, choosing him leads to a character stranded way out at the end of the Cloakwood days away from anywhere.
    Aerakar
    Whereas if you send him off to the big city, he'll be there to talk to but won't be willing to join the party.

Yeslick is a character greatly improved by those convenience "send NPCs to inns" mods. Without that, choosing him leads to a character stranded way out at the end of the Cloakwood days away from anywhere.

True, but he still is alive in case of emergency. [All other divine magic users are dead]

I think that in future that I'll start games with a minimum of three characters, perhaps four.