Skip to content

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I believe Melissan's spear actually deals slashing damage in Ascension in order to let her deal damage to characters in mustard jelly form.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Yes, it does. Editing in the correction now.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    I am wanting to play a Cavalier Halfling.

When I rolled a fighter and changed it to an Cavalier in Keeper I found that the fire, acid and poison resistances were wrong, so I rolled a human Cavalier and changed the race in Keeper. I changed the stats to be the same as the halfling I had rolled and updated the bonus stats afterwards.

I am not sure whether I have changed everything to make his stats correct so have posted the relevant stats below. If I have any of them wrong I would appreciate input. If I have them right that input would also be appreciated.

hvixvz2apt0y.jpg
    8wnzka862na7.jpg
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited July 2021
    @Wise_Grimwald : I think the only thing missing is the halfling save bonuses, which will be corrected when you level up. :smile:

EDIT: Tagged the wrong person
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
    @WiseNinja420: I think the only thing missing is the halfling save bonuses, which will be corrected when you level up. :smile:

Thanks a lot.
    edited July 2021
    I am considering having a party of two mages next and would be thankful for input as far as their kits are concerned.

Is it always best to have them in opposing schools?

A variety of appropriate combinations would be appreciated, not necessarily from the same person.

If one of them were an enchanter, what should the other be?
    If one were a conjurer what should the other be?
    I want to change the Moonblade so that instead of being useable by Xan, it is useable by a different characteer.

I have opened in Near Infinity but cannot see which line needs to be edited. Can anyone help?
    That restriction isn't in the moonblade's file. It's in item_use.2da.
    edited July 2021
    jmerry wrote: »
    That restriction isn't in the moonblade's file. It's in item_use.2da.

Ah, so that's why I couldn't find it! Thanks.

While I was waiting for your answer I found a workaround. Edit a file that is in the Drizzt Saga. That Moonblade was a sword, so I editted it to be a dagger so that it was useable by a mage.

However, since I have never looked at an item_use.2da file, I will now do so. It might open a whole new realm up to me.
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    What do you think is the optimal non-custom, non-mod party for Ascension final battle on insane difficulty for protagonist fighter mage? It would probably include at least three warriors (Mazzy, Keldorn, Korgan or Sarevok), someone who can cast divine magic (Anomen or Jaheira) and perhaps additional mage (Jan, Edwin).
    edited September 2021
    I seem to remember encountering a cleric of Ilmater who asked you to donate all your wealth. Is that in the unmodded game or from a mod? I would also appreciate being told of his locatiom.

Having spent some time Googling, I am coming to the conclusion that it must be from a mod, Q&E, F n P, Clerical remix or similar, though it doesn't appear to be Q & E.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    I seem to remember encountering a cleric of Ilmater who asked you to donate all your wealth. Is that in the unmodded game or from a mod? I would also appreciate being told of his locatiom.

Having spent some time Googling, I am coming to the conclusion that it must be from a mod, Q&E, F n P, Clerical remix or similar, though it doesn't appear to be Q & E.

Hi @Wise_Grimwald
    Could it be Bentan? He fits the description partially - dont remember his dialogue…

He resides at the Firewine Bridge:
    https://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/walkthrough/firewinebridge.php
    edited September 2021

Hi @Wise_Grimwald
    Could it be Bentan? He fits the description partially - dont remember his dialogue…

He resides at the Firewine Bridge:
    https://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/walkthrough/firewinebridge.php

That's the one. Thanks! :) However the dialogue seema to have changed. If I remember well if you agreed to forsake your wealth and follow Ilmater, he would indeed take all your wealth.

In this run-through my gold amounted to 2gp so I went to see him, or rather with CLUA I got him to visit me, and I afterwards still had 2gp. Strange. Is this something to do with EE?

A trivial matter, but I'm mildly curious?
    I have been looking at the descriptipon of the Sword Albruin, now found in Durlag's Tower.
    According to the description, it gives protection from poison so I am wondering if wielding it negates the downside of the Claw of Kasgaroth.
    No.

OK, you won't have to worry about your weakened death save making you more vulnerable to spiders' poison, but the direct effect of reduced constitution and worse death saves is unchanged.
    edited September 2021
    @jmerry Thanks. The reduced con is not much concern, but the worse death saves could be. Thanks for the insight.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    I know that halflings are SUPPOSED to have additional skill in using slings, but do they in EE?
    Halflings get +1 to hit with slings, yes.

This, and the elf bonuses, are in RACETHAC.2da.
    Halflings get +1 to hit with slings, yes.

This, and the elf bonuses, are in RACETHAC.2da.

Thanks
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    I know that halflings are SUPPOSED to have additional skill in using slings, but do they in EE?

I wish halflings still received that early BGEE +1 bonus THAC0 to darts as well. A patch removed it I assume.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Well a halfling fighter can become a grandmaster at darts - surely that's good enough, yes? : )
    Well a halfling fighter can become a grandmaster at darts - surely that's good enough, yes? : )

But not halfling thieves!
    Aerakar wrote: »

But not halfling thieves!

Or halfling fighter/thieves.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    a human fighter/thief can be grandmaster in darts though!
    Having read the info on Albruin I'm wondering if it is possible to make a were-bear with Keeper.
    Having read the info on Albruin I'm wondering if it is possible to make a were-bear with Keeper.

I love this sword! But I have not once made a charname that uses bastard swords in BG.
    edited October 2021
    There's no werebear animation in the game. Wererats, werebadgers, two kinds of werewolves, no werebears. You would need a new animation, or to settle for looking like an ordinary bear.

Then, transformation abilities can be pretty complex, with the need to be able to transform back. Making a new one isn't something I'd trust to EEKeeper.

All in all, it's a fairly involved mod. New animation assets, new transformation abilities, and whatever structure you put around them. Doable, but not something you could get with EEKeeper tinkering.

Thanks for the info. Obviously a step too far for me at this stage. :(
    edited October 2021
    Aerakar wrote: »

I love this sword! But I have not once made a charname that uses bastard swords in BG.

Neither have I, but having seen the sword I decided to give it a try, particularly having seen the post below.
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    The Bear Walker by @Ulb is a ranger kit that l have had fun with. The were-bear form becomes more powerful as you level up. The transformation into bear form has a pretty good custom bear animation. as it looks like a larger bear walking on it's hind legs, striking with it's paws. The kit is a little weaker with weapon skills but can still use any weapon, like Albruin.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56050-the-bear-walker-a-werebear-ranger-kit/

Thanks. That looks like what I was looking for. The idea was to play the character mentioned in the description for Albruin so long as it isn't overpowered. I'd obviously equip him with Albruin. I have found a good portrait for him too. :)