Skip to content

[MOD] BGII:EE - Unofficial Item Pack

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2021
    Edvin wrote: »

Honestly, I'm not much more than an avid amateur and my skills are quite limited.
    I can create/edit/place items and edit existing characters.
    That is all.

And yet you have done such great things!
    Thank you!
    EdvinStummvonBordwehr
  • DugradigduDugradigdu Member Posts: 2
    Heya! I'm trying to download the mod and the file is unavailable on the Mega link. Could you update it or share a mirror? I'm really looking forward to a new playthrough with your mod. Thanks! :)
    Edvin
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Dugradigdu wrote: »
    Heya! I'm trying to download the mod and the file is unavailable on the Mega link. Could you update it or share a mirror? I'm really looking forward to a new playthrough with your mod. Thanks! :)

Fixed.
    Thanks for the info.
    StummvonBordwehrDugradigdu
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2021
    @Edvin
    Is this mod EET compatible? If not, may we get EET compatibility added in a near-term release?

Also, hosting code on GitHub is handy since it'll likely stay safely there for years. I wrote these GitHub tutorials to help people store more stuff there.

Thankee!
    @Endarire
    Mod is compatible with everything that doesn't do the same thing. To avoid the vast majority of problems, I split the installation into several sections, so even if there is a collision somewhere, you should still be able to use other sections. I'm pretty sure you can safely combine it with 99% of all mods.

But if you want my recommendation, you should always install this mod first.
    If there is ever a content conflict, you can overwrite some of my data by different mod.

There is only one thing that could cause a problem. I gave a few monsters some SoD items and also a few of my brand new items. If some other mode changes the same monsters, they will (logically) no longer have them. Besides that, the only possible problem are mods, which also makes some massive changes to items. But like I said, the mod has a lot of sections and even if there is some conflict somewhere, most other things shouldn't be a problem to install.

StummvonBordwehr
    edited July 2021
    Hmm, I haven't done any updates for quite some time and there's one thing I wasn't too happy with and needs a slight fix.
    I guess I could add a few new things. :)

Ok, I want someone to propose some item. A weapon, armor, a usable item, I don't care.
    Just a general description, I don't need exact numbers or specific information.
    I will create the first item that will be realistically possible to create. B)
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Fancy extra damage type gloves for monks? Poison maybe....

Though I don't know, shamans might actually need more love. I just haven't played one yet ?
    Edvin
    edited July 2021
    @Edvin
    This is likely a simple one I've been EAGER for someone to include!

Orange Prism Ioun Stone:
    Effect: +1 caster level.

I know there are other items which give caster level bonuses, but I wanted this item specifically because I've never used it in a video game and I want to. I assume it would be in Sorcerous Sundries and Ribald's Adventure Mart standard stock.

(I have other item suggestions but I want this one done most.)

Thankee!
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    Fancy extra damage type gloves for monks? Poison maybe....

Poisoned combat gloves? This is a really original idea and I can definitely do it. In addition, there are quite a few items for monks. I'll do it. The limit will be monks and druids (who also have very few items). Something like "Thorns of nature".
    @Edvin
    I am for "The Stinger" gloves - after the Orange Ioun Stones are implemented!

(|=^)
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    Ok, I have a few. One afternoon in NI I swapped out the cold damage for electric damage on the Gauntlets of Aln Zekk, because the zap visual effect and sound are just great, and I was quite happy with the result. So that's another gauntlet set idea. One thing I've yet to try was to add a wing buffet effect, and call it Thunderclap or similar. Basically the monk/warrior can clap like the Incredible Hulk does and everything gets blown away by the force.

The Black Pits has some boots that were nice for Monks because they allowed a limited-use stoneskin ability.

As for Druid, something with the ability to transform into a mouse might be fun for RP and useful, for stealth and scouting. Or a dragon. Anything with more transformations is OK in my book.
    I like adding robes for Monks to aid them in their quest to be more useful in general!
    StummvonBordwehr
    Or a tattoo, like in Planescape Torment? Not sure if you can build an armor item that is usable by monks, but a magic tattoo could be interesting.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited July 2021
    Endarire wrote: »
    I like adding robes for Monks to aid them in their quest to be more useful in general!

In the vanilla game you could wear Keldorns armor if you where a monk. You just had to have the same or better stats than Keldorn - the ring of human influence was often crucial here. So I suspect it isnt beyond hard coded walls to make a robe.

In the end Keldorns armor became redundant, since the Monks natural AC progression and natural free action where plain better.

But I would love to see a robe, and especially a robe that would put a high wisdom stat to good use - perhaps pairing DR and the wisdom stat.
    A robe that would apply DR based on Wisdom would be quite special. I'm not sure there is anything like that to use as an example - is there any item that explicitly checks an ability score to calculate a value? I'm thinking that would have to be a scripted solution and therefore probably unreasonable. Riffing on the idea, a robe that applies Armor of Faith, that you could only wear with high enough wisdom, would be nice, and not super OP given that the EEs don't let you stack Armor of Faith.
  • DugradigduDugradigdu Member Posts: 2
    A +5 returning dart (with some other quality) would be amazing!
  • CadenCaden Member Posts: 2
    Key Ring seems to duplicate itself (if you have it on Imoen at least) when leaving Irenicus's dungeon.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Just finding out about your mod... Great job. Planning to use it in my next EET install.

SoD2BG2 Item upgrades should also be par of the install. How does it fit with "5 - SoD items"?

What happens if they are both installed depending of install order ?

@Edvin
    I too am curious about interactions with this mod and others!
  • jankmasterjankmaster Member Posts: 41
    Anyone figure out how to install this mod on Mac with the weidu installer app? I have the other Weidu item installer installed, but every time I try and run the installer with this mod I don't get a prompt to really install the mod.
  • QuickBenQuickBen Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    jankmaster wrote: »
    Anyone figure out how to install this mod on Mac with the weidu installer app? I have the other Weidu item installer installed, but every time I try and run the installer with this mod I don't get a prompt to really install the mod.

I have the same problem. If like me you're using Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7, it seems it doesn't like mods with white spaces in the mod name. Try removing the spaces or replace them with "_" like in other mods. You have to replace the spaces in the folder name, the tp2 file name, all occurences in the tp2 file, and same thing with the tra file.

I don't know if all the changes are necessary, but it doesn't hurt to have some consistency within the mod...
    Post edited by QuickBen on
    I read from a post @gwaihir porbably on G3 that he suggested to delete a line in the mod's tp2 file that overwrites a file and thus makes it incompatible with 'the cowled menace'. This is what got deleted :

COPY ~Unofficial Item Pack/new_items/MAGE18Z.CRE~ ~override/MAGE18Z.CRE~
    at line 182 in the .tp2 file inside the mod folder

Any one knows if this still relevant ?
    Does anyone has played this mod along IR ? Is there any incompatibility to expect for some of the components ?

0 - Unofficial Item Pack - Rework of certain items
    1 - Scarlet Katana
    2 - Gourmet from Underdark
    3 - Holy symbols - All six holy symbols will now have Armor Class: +1
    4 - New Items

I guess no problem if IR installed with the 4-New Items components. How about the others ?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited July 2022
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    I read from a post @gwaihir porbably on G3 that he suggested to delete a line in the mod's tp2 file that overwrites a file and thus makes it incompatible with 'the cowled menace'. This is what got deleted :

COPY ~Unofficial Item Pack/new_items/MAGE18Z.CRE~ ~override/MAGE18Z.CRE~
    at line 182 in the .tp2 file inside the mod folder

Any one knows if this still relevant ?

It is relevant in every way possible and it isn't even enough.

The basic idea here is that mage18z also would get a new AI block to extend it's AI to use the new item. The problem is that instead of adding this block to the AI script alone as a patch (or adding it to a spare script slot as an extension which would be even better here, see below why), @Edvin overwrites the entire AI script with a fully compiled one along with the creature file, overwriting every change made prior.

This is outright horrible, and because it still uses the vanilla filename, the changes are even lost when one installs SCS on top of this one, because SCS's "is-this-creature-have-customized-AI" validation is based on filename and via having the basic filename reused, SCS doesn't detect the additional changes and ends up with the creature's AI regenerated, losing the addition.
    How should this conflict be fixed?
    edited August 2022

@GraionDilach Thanks for the explanation. I think i get the general idea...Even putting this mod very early (like around SoD2BG2 IU or just before other item mods) is just going to limit potential interferences with other mods i guess ?

I ilke the mod but it feels risky to install it along a lot of mods and i don't know which components could be "safe".

• DaxtremeDaxtreme Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2022
    I am the creator of Cowled Menace on G3 and I took a look at this mod's code and yes, the way this modder made his Unofficial Item Pack mod, this change is called "destructive editing".

Thus, sadly, and only because of this, this mod is not compatible with my own. Deleting the mage18z line fixes the big issues but there are probably other, less important issues that could creep up, I haven't looked at all the code.

I suggest the modder changes the way they wrote the code to patch the mage18z file instead of outright overwriting it.
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2022
    Hey, any chances you'd make the "Key ring - New drop from Ilyich" compatybile with the skip chateau irenicus mod (by Argent77)?
    Or make it purchasable at the mart?

Thanks! :)
    @trebuszę
    EET Tweaks has a key ring component for each campaign not reliant upon Chateau Irenicus completion.
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    @up Thanks for the info, but I'm not running the EET currently so this won't work.