Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

1252627282931»

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've been playing a lot of Celeste and having a lot of fun. The game is very enchanting. It's pretty, the music is beautiful, the characters are charming, and it's just a really lovely experience.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited May 2021
    My girlfriend has been playing Miitopia, an RPG where you get to pick custom faces for every character in the game. Most of the ones Lily picks are video game changers or memes (the antagonist is the Dark Lord Peter Griffin) but two of them are real people: me and her! I am a pink-haired wizard she's going to turn into a vampire and she is a pop star/chef/princess. :blush:

j2r6adbsf9d3.jpg

The game is just atrociously cute. The party members have relationships that grow over time, they'll cheer each other on and compliment each other in combat and give each other HP Bananas to help out, they can watch movies or go to the park together, and they even have a mechanic where they'll have a quarrel and one character will apologize and the other will forgive them and they'll be friends again and it's so so cute and wholesome and adorable. The game's personality is basically our relationship; it's silly and sweet and earnest.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    I think this could be either, happiness/spreading your joy or unhappiness/vent your sorrow. I chose happy because, well... what would you chose?

I talked to my one sister last night for hours and hours. Tremendous talk and lots of fun, happiness! I did not grow up with her and I learned so much last night. I told her so many things she did not know and she did likewise. She told me of her sexual abuse, unhappiness. :'(

I had such a wonderful time but it hurt as well, a lot.

Please tell me of your happy lives. Please. There has to be better than her and I grew up with.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Michelle wrote: »
    I think this could be either, happiness/spreading your joy or unhappiness/vent your sorrow. I chose happy because, well... what would you chose?

I talked to my one sister last night for hours and hours. Tremendous talk and lots of fun, happiness! I did not grow up with her and I learned so much last night. I told her so many things she did not know and she did likewise. She told me of her sexual abuse, unhappiness. :'(

I had such a wonderful time but it hurt as well, a lot.

Please tell me of your happy lives. Please. There has to be better than her and I grew up with.

Because you ask for it (and hoping not to make you jealous) there's indeed better. A tale of happiness and vent as well. I grew up in a loving and caring family, a mother and father who still love each other and who's 55th wedding anniversary we celebrated last month. A brother and a sister and even though we're each very different, we respect and love each other. And though I am single, both my brother-in-law and my sister-in-law are wonderful people. The downside is, when I got out to live on my own, coming from such a harmonious background, the outside world was a shock. The warmth of my home was a mental comfort even though I knew of t he injustice in the world. But when I lived on my own, just one year since I left my childhood and the house where I grew up, I sat in my student's room watching the first Gulf War and got overwhelmed by how violent the outside world beyond my safe life could be and I sank slowly into a depression, that I have been struggling the rest of my life with. "Coming from a happy background, reality started seeping in" that's how Dutch comedian Theo Maassen put it. But there is good in the world.
    edited June 2021
    8cdkohhedfhh.jpg
    How I plan to spend my day. Yesterday was so terrible, going to boycott life today and just lay here. Good day so far.
    7hzic8eo8ik7.jpg
    Grr! Should have paused, watching battle las Angeles. One of his favorite movies. Not sure why, never understood why he liked godfather either. Oh well, at least this is more entertaining.
    Post edited by Michelle on
    edited June 2021
    jn92kz8vnynz.jpg
    Had to put on socks, his I don't have anything this warm that doesn't come up to my knees, air condition was set too low. Other than popcorn I have not moved. Yay! Have not answered the phone or text, much better day than yesterday. :)

Still probably close to offing myself but it is a better day.
    @Michelle nice room with all those artworks on the wall!

And what game is it you're playing in the picture you took?
    edited June 2021
    All the art is Pete. :) It is what he was, poet/artist/love of my life.
    q5ncq678yk2f.jpg
    mowcu2z539yr.jpg
    05vccwdw4itd.jpg
    c110sjf25an0.jpg
    pj5zii22c0lp.jpg
    I don't know if you can see the over a thousand paintings there. The hardest thing about leaving here will be leaving most of his art behind. It was what he put himself into.

:D I was watching CBS all access, the series Scorpion. I have to watch things with subtitles on, it is so hard fot me to understand what people are saying. So I have to watch their lips or, in the case of a movie or tv show I have never seen before, subtitles. My hearing is fine, my brain is just broken. I can't seperate things out. Everything happens to me at once.
    edited June 2021
    bmtg1ypeykj5.jpg
    And now furface has wedged his way into his favorite position, his butt under my butt. What is wrong with this kitty?

Anyway, sorry about the in-depth on my life. Stopping now. <3
    Wow, he really was a great artist, your Pete!
    Seriously, what is wrong with my cat?
    ww8u1nudd3ih.jpeg
    I left work early because I have been offered my old job back. I wanted to finish the weekend but, kinda hard when they offer your six figure income back and everyone at your current job just wants you to make the orders come out right. Ugh!

So, weird cat right?

Happy day though. Stressful however. Once again I will have to worry about my clients financial future. I am good at what I do but I am not infallible, now I have to worry about hurting other’s future. I don’t want to hurt anyone ever. It is just inevitable, I will make a mistake and someone will suffer. I will never let it be too bad but...
    I am not that smart. That is what they want me to be but I am just not, I can’t make money for everyone all the time. I can’t fight what they want and I can never make all of the right choices all the time. Sooooo....

My life of stress has begun again, but should be able to pay my bills and maybe move a little forward.

Craziness, I will have to live in Manhattan for at least 50% of the time. I love the city, hate the work. My one friend, who I rarely talk to is going to take me in. She has not seen me in 18 years. How will she respond?

So I will have to find a place. She rubs up against me when we watch a movie together. Do you have any idea how uncomfortable that is. I can hope she has grown, but I won’t count on it.