Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Children are always surprising us. Sometimes their perception is actually way deeper and more complex than we expect.
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    A really ancient simulated environment you say? How ironic, on many levels.
  • m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
    shabadoo wrote: »
    A really ancient simulated environment you say? How ironic, on many levels.

I get what you mean, and I actually hesitated when I wrote that, but at some point we have to acknowledge that the 90's and early 2000's are in the process of becoming ancient history. It's not pretty, but it is what it is... lol
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    So imagine my surprise, growing up in the 70s and 80s, finding out I am not pretty and old. Ugh!

B) Is okay... I have intangibles. ;)
  • m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
    Michelle wrote: »
    So imagine my surprise, growing up in the 70s and 80s, finding out I am not pretty and old. Ugh!

Lol! Seems like I rolled and failed a Charisma check. If I say something now to try to make it right, it will only sound worse. Oh well, you win some battles and you loose some, this time I clearly lost : P
    m7600 wrote: »

Lol! Seems like I rolled and failed a Charisma check. If I say something now to try to make it right, it will only sound worse. Oh well, you win some battles and you loose some, this time I clearly lost : P

Just giving you a hard time. :D
    May the best of your past be the worst of your future.
    Lol, not to worry about charisma, I have a negative one and still manage.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Michelle You say you have a low CHA score and yet you keep making 20+ CHA rolls. :wink:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Michelle You say you have a low CHA score and yet you keep making 20+ CHA rolls. :wink:

Quite sure there is no loaded dice involved :)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

@Michelle , I agree, I very much like reading your posts.
    mlnevese wrote: »

Quite sure there is no loaded dice involved :)

@Michelle , I agree, I very much like reading your posts.

Has to be those intangibles. :)
    Really, you all are so sweet! <3
    It's easy to be sweet to you, friend.

Made me cry..
    Wish that I believed I deserved that. I don't. I am no one. Most of my life is spent hanging behind everyone else hoping they will notice me and praying that they won't. Love you though dearheart, you really are great. <3
    edited March 2021

Made me cry..
    Wish that I believed I deserved that. I don't. I am no one. Most of my life is spent hanging behind everyone else hoping they will notice me and praying that they won't. Love you though dearheart, you really are great. <3

You have a kind heart. Just hoping you can spread that kindness to yourself.
    <3
    Rigel wrote: »
    Nice weather outside - I went running and saw in the sky big vultures, griffon vultures to be precise.

Made me wonder where you live, that you can see vultures in the sky, so I did a search for griffon vultures, found out that it's name is far more prosaic in Dutch (vale gier = sallow/drab vulture). Turns out if it's a sea that you can sea the vultures at, it's either the Mediterranean, the Black Sea or the Indian Ocean: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vale_gier#/media/Bestand:Gyps_fulvus_distribution_map.png

• RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Hi @Son_of_Imoen nice guess.
    I live in Haifa, in Northern Israel.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haifa

The city is on the Carmel mountains, where I go running.
    Rigel wrote: »
    The city is on the Carmel mountains, where I go running.

Must be a wonderful place to go running, a bit hot though?
    In the summer pretty hot - you have to start running pretty early (around 5 AM) because of the heat and of the humidity. At the moment, it is the best season - sometimes there are rains, but I like running in the rain.
    Sometimes, I take my car and go down to the seashore and there it is very nice to run, but there are more people, even early in the morning. When I run in the mountain, I am sometimes alone ("I am a man who [walks] runs alone ...."), in the evening it can even be a bit scary because you hear all sort of noises. It is amazing how at night nature awakes. I remebember 25 years ago I was in Darwin in the Northern Territory province of Australia. An amazing place. It was during Xmas, so it was pretty hot. My girlfriend was working in a CSIRO lab in the bush, and we leaved in a bungalow in the midlle of the jungle. During my first night there, I woke up screaming of fear because of the noise outside. A real symphony of noises, screams, craking, etc. Took me a couple of days to get accustomed to it...
    Tonight is the first night of Passover. Happy holiday to all those who will celebrate tonight and to everybody who loves freedom!

חג אביב שמח !
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    edited March 2021
    Praise the scavengers. Just imagine the horror if they weren't around. The corpses of creatures laying everywhere, rotting. Yes, praise the scavengers.
    Thank you, @Rigel. It's really rewarding. I get a lot of opportunities to do little good deeds and it makes me feel proud.