Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is here and the Red Chimera Group is looking for playtesters!

18910111214»

Comments

• BarazBaraz Member Posts: 3
    edited August 31
    This is a fan made mod, completely not-for-profit, people working in their own spare time whenever they can, but you still have cretins demanding it be released immediately.

So for balance - take as much time as you need guys, keep the enhancements going, I don't mind if it's another year, I'm sure it will be great when it's ready.
    Generally agree, but I suggest the team may see this as a compliment, to be spoken to like how many consumers talk to gaming developers :wink:

Not sure commenters should have bothered answering the person and adding an insult. Someone was too excited to read the introduction about this project or misread (I know, I know, but responding just adds what?). That consumer-player can now play the original IWD2 at worst or wait for the community Enhanced edition. All good.

KreatoR
  • Improved_AlacrityImproved_Alacrity Member Posts: 1
    edited August 31
    This is a fan made mod, completely not-for-profit, people working in their own spare time whenever they can, but you still have cretins demanding it be released immediately.

So for balance - take as much time as you need guys, keep the enhancements going, I don't mind if it's another year, I'm sure it will be great when it's ready.

I'm beginning to question the validity of balance for this mod in the first place when they are adding a bunch of new spells, gear, feats, that seem completely over the top. Might as well make this a compilation mod of fan made content. Personally, I don't want a complete rework/redesign; a few new features/quality of life changes like quick loot, smoother controls (the rebindable camera control to WASD in beam dog's EE feels really nice compared to mouse screen scrolling), improved graphics (the new zoom looks great), smarter enemy AI (looking forward to the new encounter design), less grindy HoF (great change), and bug fixes can go a long way instead of inflating the game with more stuff. This reminds me of how many people felt when IWD EE added a bunch of new class kits compared to the original which was less about balancing the game than unintentional bloating: https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2016/12/Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Review.html

I guess people will be more positive about the updates if it were less about adding random content (I mean what's that magic missile staff... seriously why) and more about the actual progress of the development: how much is done, what to expect soon, when is the expected deadline, etc.

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 2,827

I'm beginning to question the validity of balance for this mod in the first place when they are adding a bunch of new spells, gear, feats, that seem completely over the top. Might as well make this a compilation mod of fan made content. Personally, I don't want a complete rework/redesign; a few new features/quality of life changes like quick loot, smoother controls (the rebindable camera control to WASD in beam dog's EE feels really nice compared to mouse screen scrolling), improved graphics (the new zoom looks great), smarter enemy AI (looking forward to the new encounter design), less grindy HoF (great change), and bug fixes can go a long way instead of inflating the game with more stuff. This reminds me of how many people felt when IWD EE added a bunch of new class kits compared to the original which was less about balancing the game than unintentional bloating: https://lilura1.blogspot.com/2016/12/Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Review.html

IWD2EE does strengthen the party, but it also strengthens the enemies to balance it out. Individual components may make the game easier or harder, but overall, when all components of IWD2EE are installed, it is about the same difficulty as the original IWD2.

AkachiThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • BhaallBhaall Member Posts: 15
    edited September 4
    Hi there,

First of all, thank you for access to beta, love this mode!

I run to some issues:

1. Faster Targos: Shaford won't speak to party after goblin attack. Also any experience for "missed" errands? But that could be intentional.
    2. Recrutiable NPC: Sadly missing info. Not a bug, but it is very useful information.
    3. Faster horde fortress: Failed in any attempt to open front door.
    4. After finish Faster Targos, Cahl-Hyred just walk away from inn and never return.
    5. Serious incompatibility with One Pixel Production mod (1pp). Currently testing all components. My bad. it seems, that new game solved this issue

Post edited by Bhaall on
    OlvynChuru
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 2,827
    @Bhaall Please don't report bugs here. Report them on the IWD2EE Discord.

• KryoTVKryoTV Member Posts: 3
    I've been following this thread for quite a while now. This is very intriguing as IWD2 has been a big part of my childhood. I was about to message semiticgoddess, but there was a message saying he would be stepping back as moderator and I was not certain if that's meant for this forum or the project.

I'd like to offer beta testing and translation help (German), if required. Who should I be contacting?

Thank you very much in advance and thanks for creating this.

• AkachiAkachi Member Posts: 34
    edited September 14
    KryoTV wrote: »
    I've been following this thread for quite a while now. This is very intriguing as IWD2 has been a big part of my childhood. I was about to message semiticgoddess, but there was a message saying he would be stepping back as moderator and I was not certain if that's meant for this forum or the project.

I'd like to offer beta testing and translation help (German), if required. Who should I be contacting?

If it's still possible to get into the beta message @OlvynChuru . You'll probably need a Github account.

Akachi wrote: »
    KryoTV wrote: »

If it's still possible to get into the beta message @OlvynChuru . You'll probably need a Github account.

Thank you very much, I did as you proposed.

Best regards,

Kryo

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,267
    @KryoTV *She

Confusion understandable, older posts using different pronouns and all that.

StummvonBordwehr
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @KryoTV *She

Confusion understandable, older posts using different pronouns and all that.

I am sorry for the wrong pronoun. Please excuse my mistake.

StummvonBordwehrThacoBellTheTjums
  • ThanatosZeroThanatosZero Member Posts: 12
    Since the icewind dale is a arctic area, feats, items, foes and possible ACFs based on the material found in Frostburn, could further help to enhance the 3e experience.

Flashburn
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 517
    Hope this gets done as big fan of IW2 and all the EE games, anxiosuly waiting :smiley:

TheTjums
  • hinotoumeihinotoumei Member Posts: 2
    just installed the game. Anyway that a widescreen/borderless fullscreen/resolutoin mod can be incorporated?