Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

1686970717274»

Comments

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    And i finally finished my first playthrough of Pathfinder kingmaker maker and I'm mixed emotions about the epilogue no mention of me romancing Valerie or the tiefling sisters? Did that get negated by me making an alliance with nyrissa because the ending with her definitely didn't seem like a romance ending.

Still mad nok nok and miss undead elf died because the freaking game never triggered the second part of their companion quests. Also kinda confused amiri got two epilogue pages while everyone else basically got one.

With that said got to do another play through where I change a handful of thing such as this time not making the cyclops lich my magical advisor and not killing Tristan. AND MAKING SURE EVERY COMPANION QUEST TRICKER THIS TIME.

ALSO, I was quite disappointed with the epilogue about the woman who did the ritual to save her baby... Did it really had to get as dark as it did? I wasn't even expecting an epilogue for that but still come on...

Also one pet peeve I had thought the entire game, the character in the storybook illustrations didn't look crap like my character. I mean we have very limited character customization as it is so it's literally not hard to put the mc in those illustration on a separate layer on Photoshop and have generic versions based on class type such as melee, divine caster, or arcane caster instead of generic knight in shining armor.
    Question I know there's a sorcerer class that gives the player a companion but has any tried giving the wizard one? Like take some levels in druid to get a companion but then focusing on wizard?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    So the companion scales with class level, there is a feat that I think adds +4 so a Druid 1/Wizard 4 with the feat would have a druid 5 companion, but then if you kept taking wizard levels it would fall farther and farther behind.
    @Vallmyr yet the sorcerer subclass that has companion levels as if it was a druid, or does it still need companion boon?
    so by RAW it's suppose to need companion boon, in PnP It has a druid pet -3 levels, but I think in the video game they didn't impliment the -3 levels to it. Call of the Wild Mod fixes this and makes it -3 like it's suppose to if I recall.
    I might as well stuck with arcanist, I'm loving everything about it.
    Ok so I'm playing a second playthrough now, lawful good, sin of wraith blaster wizard. Both in story and rogue like dlc. everyone keeps saying wizards should focus on cc,debuffs and buffing and I'm like... Fireball! And no I'm not going arcane trickster.

Also trying to see if I make Octavia into an illusionist, to me she seems like she would actually be either a illusionist or enchanter sadly cotw mode makes her freaking start with conjuration 1 for some friggin reason and using in game repec doesn't get rid of it and I noticed that using mod repec on npc companions changes their avatar completely and I can't bring the unique avatars back... Poor linzi on my original playthrough.
    edited October 2021
    Omg I think the game has bugged on me... So the throne room to fight Hargulka and Tartuk keeps saying "requires key" something it didn't say my first play through...

So I go, "ok I obviously missed something here" I literally.start searching the entire fortress like a fine tooth come.

I found the devourer of metal which I missed in my first play through, I spares the well spoken troll this time.

And like last time I left the artist kobald do his thing and paint, but found the secret room next to him.... All and all I've killed every loving hostile thing in this fortress, manually searched all corpses! Opened every chest and there is no key and I still can't get to the boss fight, wtf?

Edit, finally got it to work, boss fight much easier this time around, but also... WHY WAS THERE MORE COMMENTARY THIS TIME? Like two people said something last time but now the entire team but ekun seems to have an opinion on whether or not I should kill the kobald!
    So I'm currently on my third attempt to solo the rogue like dungeon beneath the stolen lands on challenging difficulty, I actually haven't played the game on any other difficulty.

My first attempt was a failure, everyone talks about how op the Sylvan sorcerer is so I thought it would be the best bet for the job... Barely made it to the third floor before dying. Also for all the talk on how you can solo the game itself with this class when I went looking for solo builds none ever really comes up. Heck if any at all...

Second attempt was me being more experimental, I tried the monk seeing how people keep saying put atleast one point in this class if you want to make something a tank and how ungodly of a dodge tank this class is... Didn't make it past the first floor.

My current attempt... The character is now level 14 and has just been killing Floor after floor. But I didn't almost die in the first floor though... The monster tactician. I did have to respec my character from neutral to lawful evil though seeing how all the good/neutral higher summons seem to be all friggin spell casters with bows. Which are a complete waste of teamwork feats since those summons never go into close range. I loved the redcaps summon and am disappointed that I lost the 6 redcaps for one frost giant. I'm guessing I'll get multiple of those in a level or two but again it's just a waste of team feata since my inquisitor well originally was rocking a bow but now doesn't even bother to get into fights. She's a teifling who just sits back and buts communal stone skin, prayer, lens judgement, you all know all the good stuff on my leopard and let it run into the fight while she goes around clearing traps and opening chests and just looking pretty.

But yea I see why people call monster tactician broken maybe it's just that I'm doing dungeon runs but I'm basically clearing dungeon with a single summon group with only one enemy so far forcing me to exhaust all my spells ability. A freaking large mastodon with mirror image, and blur on it, but I still one.
    Ok I have a new character idea I need you guys and gals help with, a witch doctor styled character.... It just hit me out of the blue!!!

I'm looking at druid as the base and maybe doing the one thing I don't want to do... Multi class into wizard. I know the druid has a subclasses that deals with corruption, and if follow what has become the current mainstream idea of what people thinks witch doctor do ... I blame Diablo 3... I could ulti into necromancer wizard for more "dark" magic feel. I do have call of the wild so maybe the Necro cleric subclass?

Thoughts ideas?
    Pure blight druid could work, you'd get necromancy and nature spells, no animate dead though you could flavor your animal summons as more dark versions. Blight Druids can pick the Death Domain as one of their domains so that could cover all the dark magic stuff. If you have the Craft Magic Items mod you get get brew potions in order to craft potions and such.
    Vallmyr wrote: »
    Pure blight druid could work, you'd get necromancy and nature spells, no animate dead though you could flavor your animal summons as more dark versions. Blight Druids can pick the Death Domain as one of their domains so that could cover all the dark magic stuff. If you have the Craft Magic Items mod you get get brew potions in order to craft potions and such.

Oh it will be? Animate did isn't important.. I'd rather him dealing with spirits instead of zombies and skeletons anyways but that's not in game. I saw that mod but haven't installed it yet.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    If you have the Call of the wild mod you also have the spiritist class. You have a spirit pet instead of an animal and some dark spells.
    I'll look at the spiritualist next.

Also new question, abyssal sorcerer and monster tactician...is it possible for AS to multi a point or two into MT to gain the ability to give his summons the ability to have teamfeats. My solo MT in the dungeon is now level 17 and just wrecking everything. Now I want to try try it with a solo abyssal sorcerer to see if it's just as fun.

Following level 15 the added summoning trait the abyssal sorcerer gets, is that talking about in addition to the additional summon that comes with the bonus feat augment summoning or is that basically the pretty way of saying, "this here is where you're getting augmented summoning. I really like the summoning part of this bloodline but I hate literally everything else about it since it feels so melee focus everywhere else.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Not sure how pure or modded you play your games, but there's a mod that let you create "gestalt" characters. Basically you level up two classes at once, like a AD&D BG MC character kinda. I wouldn't recommend multiclassing sorcerer at all since it delays the spellcasting too much IMHO, but YMMV. I tried a sylvan sorcerer / fey speaker druid just for fun and it works well.
    edited November 2021
    @Skatan
    My game is moderately moded, but that is also taking into account the game itself doesn't really have a strong modding community to begin with IMHO that or I'm just spoiled from all my years with the TES community who makes it a national even to break that game in hard!

My mods basically boil down to call of the wild, kingdom management, Respec, and about 2 others that deals more with mechanical stuff like hiding equipment since visual synergy doesn't exist in this game.

I was also looking at the grimoire mod but I read somewhere that it can't be played side by side with call of the wild so I didn't get it. I wish there were more visual mods though, and lord knows this game needs more hairstyles.

But I'm rambling now, I saw that mod but even I felt that would be too game breaking. There should be a negative for multiclassing (spoken like a true purist) and under normal circumstances I would never multiclass a sorcerer but the MT best trait giving TF to minions I wanted to know of that could be shared if I point on point in MT.

That + DR for minions sounds like a dangerous combo since I want to try soloing the dungeons with just abyssal sorcerer now. Soloing with a level 17 MT has me wondering which other pet/summoner classes are capable of it and how far I can get with them.
    Post edited by DragonKing on
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I totally agree. The only reason I tried it was to speed run the game since all my old saves broke and then my laptop broke and I again lost my new character.

I find the modding community to be quite active though? There's plenty of mods but you are correct there's not many that expand on the visuals for the avatars/paperdolls. The hair unlocker isn't that great, but I like the visual adjuster so that my character can at least get out of those fugly standard clothing tied to class (ie barbarians ridiculous outfit). Being able to look like an inquisitor even as a druid I enjoy a lot.

My mod list. I chose eldritch arcana over Call of the wild this time around, but the latter is more extensive. Too bad they didn't collaborate instead of becoming mutually exclusive.
    em8075jcklg9.png
    61g92b9lfsd4.png
    For most classes I prefer the base look to alot of the armors look. Even though I wish lome looked better, I don't think the barbarian base looks bad but I do think "what am I looking at here" when I look at the fighter and paladin base.

I've seen every single one of those mods, I don't use them because majority doesn't interest me. Also wasn't the eldritch arcana specifically suppose to be a magical Archer mod? I have been meaning to get craft items mod though.

I actually debated on the better venders mod by I heard there was some kind of bug if you tried to uninstall it or something like that, my question would be do the venders actually make it worth the while? Do they actually have good items?
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited February 2022
    As if this game didn't throw enough items at you already... :)

Eldritch Arcana isn't about Archery. Where are you getting your various odd bits of information from?