Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• artyfoxartyfox Member Posts: 4
    @skusha, regarding the chapter text, I think I found the bug, but it may take a bit of time to patch a number of related files.

Do you have a save file right before the chapter transition? (I haven't got past the prologue yet, as all my time has been spent modding the UI! ><)

If you don't have it it's ok, but it will make testing a bit easier. Thanks! ❄
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @artyfox I think adding Candlelight into the Dragonspear UI++ mod as a separate component would be a great solution!
    I assume @cdx won't mind it, too bad he hasn't been active online in months.

I have a save before the first chapter, but my IWDEE build was with a lot of mods, and even in Russian. Just in case I'll attach a save, may be useful.
  • artyfoxartyfox Member Posts: 4
    Hey @skusha! Thanks for uploading the save. I used it to get a better understand of how the chapter cutscenes work.

The UI.MENU is a mysterious beast, because it has “magic” variables like,
    text_CHAPTERSCROLL

and functions like,
    setChapterBackground(id)

that are not set/called anywhere else in the LUA files, but (seem to be?) hardcoded to game scripts.
    IncrementChapter(“CHPTXT0”)
    IncrementChapter(“CHPTXT1”)
    IncrementChapter(“CHPTXT2”)
    IncrementChapter(“CHPTXT3”)
    IncrementChapter(“CHPTXT4”)
    IncrementChapter(“CHPTXT5”)
    IncrementChapter(“CHPTXT6”)

This made it tricky to see how the chapter UI elements were interacting. In the end, I found the best way to "trick" the game into showing the chapter screen is to console teleport your party to the trigger area.
    -> Chapter 1: Kaldahar (AR2100)
    -> Chapter 2: Dragon’s Eye - Exterior (AR4000)
    -> Chapter 3: Severed Hand - Exterior (AR5000)
    -> Chapter 4: Dorn’s Keep - Exterior (AR6000)
    -> Chapter 5: Wyrm’s Tooth Glacier - Aquarium Exterior (AR7005)
    -> Chatper 6: Lower Dorn’s Keep - Main Cavern (AR8001)

Thanks for helping me figure this out, @skusha! Please continue to use your keen eye to spot any more bugs and improvements for the UI.

Ok, I’ll get back to fixing the chapter screens and report back! 🦊
    @artyfox, if you can fix it, that would be great!

And ideally, it would be good to make this wonderful mod compatible with the latest version of Dragonspear UI++. :)
  • taylor_hotaylor_ho Member Posts: 2
    xiaoleiwen wrote: »
    Vanhardisk wrote: »
    Hi Mr. Pecca. Long time fan of your UI :)

I've been using your UI mod for my last run in both BGEE, SoD, and BGIIEE, it became a default feature for my game and I refuse to return to the original GUI.

I even promoted your work on Reddit a while back because I love it so much.

After that, I became absent from the game and when the 2.6 version hit the shelves I thought it was time for a new run.

I made a clean install of the entire game and my other mods so as to make sure nothing corrupts anything, but when I installed your new version of the GUI I ran into problems.

I installed the 'master' version, which is the latest release with fixes for 2.6.

The most irksome one is that I can no longer access Siege of Dragonspear through your main menu.
    rym2bjbsfjna.png
    As you can see, I have the latest version of the game, but SoD button is nowhere to be found.

If I uninstall the UI, I can access it normally through the OG gui.
    7k8l58oi21tm.png

And still BG:EE uses your SoD chapter screens when traversing through the main story.
    nzwsu873n2v4.png

And when I do go to SoD by killing Sarevok, the main menu is all wonky. I don't have screenshots at the moment, but the background image of Caelar is now black and some options are missing.

The second problem I found, but this is something I can live with is formations, they are replaced with those golden buttons
    yt0uoteypcul.png

Any idea how can this be fixed, not sure what data you may need. I'll try a new clean install again.

Thanks in advance.

I made a mistake during my test installation that I installed the DLC merger after this MOD because I forgot that BG1EE Steam ver needs that, and I have your first problem. Installing the DLC merger first won't have this issue.

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?
  • taylor_hotaylor_ho Member Posts: 2
    tmcd wrote: »
    wjsuaogysws5.png

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Pecca @skusha
    Is your latest Dragonspear UI++ EET compatible? If not, may we get a near-term update that is?

Thankee!
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Pecca wrote: »
    Hmm, alright maybe some peek at scope of new functionalities?
    r8v4i9i5943v.png

@Pecca when this new version releases will we be able to use this IWD theme skin on BG2EE, etc? I've been wanting a working IWD skin for BGEE for forever!
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Yes.
  • SirickSirick Member Posts: 92
    Pecca wrote: »
    Yes.

Just a post to say thank you.

The work you've put into this UI mod is amazing, and the sneak peeks of what's coming have me very excited! I can't wait to play with the newest version.

Thank you again for all your work and dedication!
  • LeonelLeonel Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2022
    @meowdog
    I am having a problem with the quest information. It doesn't populate the quest info whenever I received a new one and even with other saves that show the quest info before starting the new recent game that I am playing but the journal's fine.

What thing I remembered changing was changing the number of quick saves from 6 - 4 on the installed Dragonspear UI++. Would that be the cause? Have you already exp it or it's something new?

TY

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @meowdog @cdx
    A request to all those maintaining this mod: Let me save games and overwrite saves using the Enter key.

Thankee!
  • QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    How would I go about making the party portraits on the side display a little bigger? I'm playing at 2560x1440 resolution and they are just so tiny, I can hardly see their faces.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    Quester wrote: »
    How would I go about making the party portraits on the side display a little bigger? I'm playing at 2560x1440 resolution and they are just so tiny, I can hardly see their faces.
    There is an option for larger portrait in the settings in game.
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2022
    It seems the most up-to-date version on github is the 11jo fork, which includes recent commits by artyfox (for some reason these commits are not on the artyfox fork?). Is the version on the 11jo fork the recommended version to use for now, or is it experimental/unstable and the anongit fork is still recommended?
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited August 2022
    Hello, my repository is only a copy from the Artyfox fork, its purpose is to update the French translation! But it is indeed up to date with the last version of Artyfox...

In the Artyfox fork you have to look in the secondary branches, this one, and it's most likely the one that will be updated in the future !
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2022
    JohnBob wrote: »
    In the Artyfox fork you have to look in the secondary branches, this one, and it's most likely the one that will be updated in the future
    Thanks, i didnt know about the different branches of the artyfox repository. Does the up-to-date IWD branch include other changes to DUI++ apart from integrating the recent bugfixes?
    Hello again @cdds,

The changes made by Artyfox are listed in this post ! (I'm not sure that's your question...)

After a test installation of the Artyfox version on EET, everything seems to be in order, except the last component which has a typo, here is the pull request with the correction (and an update of the French translation), so you can make the modification on the tp2 or download the master of my fork instead, for the moment... but I'm not an experienced modder so no other corrections from me !

And I hope Artyfox will continue his good work...

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    artyfox wrote: »
    I've also been working on filling in a few missing graphics for the skin, and tweaking some of the backgrounds for increased readability (most of the game text is also white). I plan to release these in an updated version of Candlelight.

With permission, I could even combine Candlelight into the Dragonspear UI++ mod, as they fit perfectly together. @cdx, please let me know if that would be ok with you.

@artyfox, please feel free to do any changes/updates you like and go ahead with a new release, etc if you want to! I like a lot the blue and the snow together. I'll also be happy to point my repo to yours once you've done a new release, as I don't see myself doing much more work on it for the time being.

As for inclusion into the Dragonspear UI++ mod, I don't mind at all. I didn't ask for it because I considered my reskin, as it was, to be of low quality and unfinished, so probably not worth the increased file size of UI++.
    edited August 2022
    Well, I installed the current version of Dragonspear UI++ with the update by @artyfox along with snowbright candlelight skin by @cdx on IWDEE and found out that these two UI windows still need to be reworked.

This window is not in snowy style, as it should be:
    Icewn001.png

And this window should be completely redesigned to the Dragonspear interface style:
    Icewn002.png

I also turn to @Pecca, perhaps he can help with this problem too.
    I'm having trouble getting the portrait picker to work as intended for custom portraits. I have read all the instructions, plus several pages of this post, and still I am not able to get the "Update portrait picker" component to add the portraits from my portraits folder. I am using EET - could that be the reason? I have tried putting the portraits in My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/portraits, as well as My Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/portraits, and then running the component, but neither one works.

When I check my M_BG.lua file in the override, it is completely blank.

My portrait files are correctly named as per the instructions.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
  • desmumedesmume Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for this excellent work!
    I am trying to translate it into Chinese but the problem is that after I have translated all the text under "LD_zh_CN.LUA", there are still two places in English in the character menu and in the journal
    i wonder where can I find them?
    mjodqcns8wpm.png
    4f3dv7q07m7j.png

And, how can I adjust the size of the font in the ESC menu? They are a bit too big for Chinese
    ray9efygw80j.png

@desmume, the strings you need to translate are in the LD_en_US.LUA file:
    JF_Notes = "My Notes:"
    RG_ABILITY_BONUSES = 'Ability bonuses'
    JohnBob wrote: »
    Hello again @cdds,

The changes made by Artyfox are listed in this post ! (I'm not sure that's your question...)

After a test installation of the Artyfox version on EET, everything seems to be in order, except the last component which has a typo, here is the pull request with the correction (and an update of the French translation), so you can make the modification on the tp2 or download the master of my fork instead, for the moment... but I'm not an experienced modder so no other corrections from me !

And I hope Artyfox will continue his good work...

I noticed in this latest version, the 'Update Portrait Picker' component is no longer there. Is it not needed anymore?
    Did you try to go in ..... Options....Gameplay.....UI SETTINGS.....and activate "Multi-portrait picker" !

Is this the feature you are looking for ?
    I mean when installing the mod itself. At least when looking in PI, the mentioned component isn't there anymore.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    Just an update about my Candlebright recolor patch for the UI++ mod. As requested by @skusha, in the snowbright theme I've changed the parchment color on various screens to be more bleached and better match the theme. The color of the EE journal version is unchanged as it's done in a different way. Also, there's the fix for the missing item ability background. The old parchment color is still available in release v0.2.0.

https://github.com/cdxuu/candlelight-for-uipp/releases/tag/0.2.1

Parchment color change example:
    Old:
    GUIMGB2.png

New:
    GUIMGB2.png

Please note, the two Candlebright themes are quite usable but are not meant to be full, complete reskins of Pecca's UI++. Inconsistencies do exist and are not intended to be fixed. If anyone would like to improve the reskin, do fixes, etc, please feel free to do so. I'll be happy to point my github repo to yours if it is more updated.
  • docbearddocbeard Member Posts: 10
    Quester wrote: »
    I'm having trouble getting the portrait picker to work as intended for custom portraits. I have read all the instructions, plus several pages of this post, and still I am not able to get the "Update portrait picker" component to add the portraits from my portraits folder. I am using EET - could that be the reason? I have tried putting the portraits in My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/portraits, as well as My Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/portraits, and then running the component, but neither one works.

When I check my M_BG.lua file in the override, it is completely blank.

My portrait files are correctly named as per the instructions.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Hi,

I was also having this problem today and deleting the blank M_BG.lua file and rerunning the installation fixed it.
  • gr8john6gr8john6 Member Posts: 2
    Hey just out of curiosity, has there been any updates from @artyfox or someone else on fixing IWD EE version? I am not seeing any activity on github as far as I can tell. Thanks.
  • cobancoban Member Posts: 9
    Awesome mod! I tried it and now I can't play BG without it at all.
    I have a question. The map has been moved to the lower right corner.
    9w41caqm0pav.jpg
    However, the map moves to the center when I enable option "Allow scrolling out of bounds".
    Is there a way to align it to the center without enabling the "Allow scrolling out of bounds" option?

I too much prefer playing without enabling the "Allow scrolling out of bounds" and I also noticed that the are map moves to the lower right corner.
    Does anyone have a solution for this?