Skip to content

Join me on my journey of reviewing 75+ NPC mods

2»

Comments

• LlewrenLlewren Member Posts: 33
    Wow, I really missed a lot of stuff!

I will 100% take the time to go over everything you mentioned here and adjust the writeups accordingly once I’ve put out the next review.

I think my liking of Bristlelick was partly due to him being a BG1 companion. I will admit I do have a slight bias towards the first game.

Of course, as I progress through new mods new scores may be attached to old reviews to reframe the general rating system I’ve put in place.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Your review of Vienxay is weird to me - she was already custom-voiced by the time I joined to the community... and that was prior the 2.6 patch. Not sure what went wrong there though.
    Your review of Vienxay is weird to me - she was already custom-voiced by the time I joined to the community... and that was prior the 2.6 patch. Not sure what went wrong there though.

Her banter isn't voiced, but she has her own soundset.
    Cahir wrote: »
    Thank la for a very detailed reviews. It will be very helpful for me to decide which NPC I should install in my upcoming EET run.

Do you take request which review to do next or you already have a plan in motion?

Things are already in motion! I've got three reviews that are partially written at the moment but there's no real consistency in which NPCs I play with. Usually I just do what I feel like in order to avoid burnout. However, you can see all the mods I plan to go over here.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Thanks for including The Boareskyr Bridge Scene mod into your reviews.
    jastey wrote: »
    Thanks for including The Boareskyr Bridge Scene mod into your reviews.

My pleasure, it's an essential mod for me.
    The next review is out! I'm a writing GOD.

Ahem. Consider Saerileth done and dusted. I will be glad never to return to this mod.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Mods like Isra and Sirene showed you can have female paladin mods with romances and have them act like normal people and not a mary sue that hijacks' the story.

which makes Sartileth look even worse then it already did.
  • QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    Nice reviews so far. Looking forward to more of them.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    That's not an official version, but one made without any consent from authors / original hosting site.

I think there are also other NPCs missing, but I am unsure if Llewren wants to make the list even longer, it already looks a bit overwhelming.
    Charriu wrote: »

I probably won't be covering this one, unless I decide to later down the line and can do some digging for the official release.

SIlver Star is in my bubble of awareness but as Lava said I've got quite a lot on my plate already so we'll really have to see.

I could have sworn I had Minyae on the list. Either way, yes, I do plan on covering the Beaurin Legacy mod at some point.

Also looks interesting! I'll keep it tabbed :)

Thanks for reading and recommending some mods!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Lava said I've got quite a lot on my plate already so we'll really have to see.
    What I may suggest is checking which mods have only SoA content and during one run test it with ToB-only mods :) There is "Kova and Kiyone" aka "Beyond the Law" mod that is SoA-only, there is not ToB content, these may be replaced with Iylos later, who is ToB-only. Then Keto is also SoA-only, then maybe you can check Yoshimo's Remorse (a ToB-only mod that brings back Yoshimo as a companion for the Throne of Bhaal, but he's a bit more like a new character... I don't want to spoil too much, though).
  • CharriuCharriu Member Posts: 22
    That's not an official version, but one made without any consent from authors / original hosting site.

Ah thanks. I didn't know that. Was just happy to see that mod return as I wasn't able to fully test it myself so far.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Your profile picture is gorgeous. Any chance you could link a high resolution version? It'd make for a great Charname portrait.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Just for info: Grey the Dog, Brandock the mage, Brage's Redemption, and Imoen4Ever now all have full content for BG1+SoD.
    BGII part(s) are still in development.
    Ajantis BG1 Expansion also adds Ajantis to SoD.
    Isewein wrote: »
    Your profile picture is gorgeous. Any chance you could link a high resolution version? It'd make for a great Charname portrait.

I could do... but I'm hoping that it will find itself out there in the world eventually in a mod in its own right :) I actually have quite the repository of portraits that I'm keeping a lid on for now.
    jastey wrote: »
    Just for info: Grey the Dog, Brandock the mage, Brage's Redemption, and Imoen4Ever now all have full content for BG1+SoD.
    BGII part(s) are still in development.
    Ajantis BG1 Expansion also adds Ajantis to SoD.

Thank you for the update. I've been meaning to try out Brage's Redemption now that it's been completed!
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    This is fantastic work, thank you!