Skip to content

3 Days till BG2:EE! What will you do on the day of release? (apart from stare at a download bar...)

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
This was an original thread started by me on the release of BG:EE

This thread is gonna look old really quick... Who cares! I've left Candlekeep! Yay!

I am going to install a lock on the door and then smear Marmite around the door frame to prevent demons and the wife from crossing the doorway and disturbing me.

I have already stocked food for 3 days gaming in the corner.

Ablutions will have to be few and far between but I think I can wee out the window...

What preparations are you making?

Since those happy times, I have played BG till my eyes have bled and Beta tested so much I have called close friends Imoen and Minsc by accident.

Oh...

And I became a Dad :)

So... What will you do on the day of release of BG2:EE.

Personally, I will celebrate by wrapping up in toilet paper for that "Mummiefied" look that is so catchy, then possibly try to spontaneously combust myself by shouting ctrl-y repeatedly. Hopefully this will result in myself being sent home from work for rest and recuperation (I will now be yelling ctrl-j) enabling a full 48 hours of non-stop BG2:EE action...

So thats the plan... What will you do on the day? Read what others did below or jump the last post by clicking below...

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6532/3-days-till-bg2-ee-what-will-you-do-on-the-day-of-release-apart-from-stare-at-a-download-bar#latest

EDIT: Time update...
Post edited by Anduin on
henscMortiannaMedullaOblongataegalor_originalMoomintrollSwordsNotWordsIrishThunderlolien

Comments

• LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Hm. Nothing much. I'll be studying for finals then, so...I probably won't actually get to play it until a couple weeks after the release date.
    TJ_HookerSvendrynOpale
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    The usual I do in friday. Expect for installing BG:EE after I return from university.
    Aasimar069
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I don't really know, anything might happen, like... a meteor hitting me on the head, causing its death and I'd then go to prison for committing homicide against a meteor! (ahh yes, I am *that* indestructible)

That aside... Well, hopefully I'll be able to play the game without having the beta tester mentality still going on :P

MornmagorJalilyDragonspear
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I'll probably be working for college. Or at least trying to. ._.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I may or may not have a friend round that week...if I do, I'll have to buy her one too so we can multiplayer!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I've booked the 29th November off work :-)

I wonder what time the game will be unlocked on the 28th November, especially given the different timezones some people are in (I'm in the UK, does that mean it won't be unlocked until late in the day on the 28th?)
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Call in sick and play bg till my eyes bleed.
    MortiannaMathuzzzMedullaOblongatatheoricus
  • I will inform my girlfriend that I will not be seeing her. After coming from work I will be playing BG:EE til I die out of hunger or thirst. This is my simple, yet beautiful plan.
    Oxford_GuyMortiannaGiakiBugrat
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    I will be waiting for BGEE to appear on Appstore, as i still don't know if the iPad release date will be the same as PC...
    DelvarianChurchOfBooszdobos
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Probably be cursing due to another shipping delay ;)

Not really, the likelihood is I'll be working so hopefully the main downloads will have happened and early major game-breaking bugs will be quashed before I get to play over the weekend.
    jolly_bb said:

I will be waiting for BGEE to appear on Appstore, as i still don't know if the iPad release date will be the same as PC...

I will eventually end up with both PC and Mac versions, I pre-ordered to ensure I can play from Hour 0 on Day 1 of release (on Windows 7 via Bootcamp), but will also buy it on the Appstore when available, as hate having to reboot my Macbook Air and get sullied with the Windows experience, just to play a game. Also, I don't mind paying twice if it helps support continued development and support for BGEE/BG2EE.
    QuartzEnialusMeliamne
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Text my baby on the phone and say "I'm sick , 'gonna stay home all saturday"
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Gamehorder Can I assume your YT account is named the same as yours on this forum?
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I'm hoping I'll LP it too... with my GF though, how cool is that (we are team awesome and she kicks some almighty ass, but I'm terribly afraid to give her control over Fireballs)
    Dragonspear
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    I will install the game, create a new character, and hate myself for not planning ahead and for having to invest hours in creating my character xD
    egalor_original
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    To check if there is push back notice in my mail box on Nov.27th first.

@Gamehorder Can I assume your YT account is named the same as yours on this forum?

Looks like it, here's his Planescape Let's Play:

Icewind Dale:

Icewind Dale II:

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Fortunately I already have some time off scheduled corresponding the release date. So I'm one happy camper. Provided that the release date isn't pushed back yet again, of course! I highly doubt that will happen again, though.
    Quartz
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Get up at 4:30 am for work. Get home. Retrive minions from school. Figure out dinner for the family (I'm both parents on Wednesday evenings). Take minions to martial arts for our evening training. Get home, tired. Probably get through Candlekeep without staying up too late (Thursday looks a lot like Wednesday for me)...
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Scheduling dates/times for when my friends and I can play, so that they can see how a true crusader of Righteousness deals with evil scum: Absolutely.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I hope we will be able to download the game a bit before release :) Then im going to be rolling stats for a along time, so i get those stats i want. I want the same i had from my old BG1 game.
    This was a Paladin character, so its a bit easier to get good stats with that class :)

Strength:........18/52
    Dexterity:.......18
    Constituion:...18
    Intelligence:...11
    Wisdom:.........18
    Charisma:......18

Happy days :)

Ended up with

Strength:........19
    Dexterity:.......19
    Constituion:...19
    Intelligence:...12
    Wisdom:.........21
    Charisma:......19

Regards

Tom Fjellheim
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    I might play Dragon Age or Skyrim on that day.
    Delvarian
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Since Gorion insists on burying me with homework... Nothing exciting, thats for sure! The old man seem to love that shit. Sigh...

What is this deadline for anyway?

:D

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    DJKajuru said:

@DJKajuru

I think perhaps talking to your child would be better than texting, especially at such an early age, body language is 90% of communication...

On the other hand... Well done for educating your child to read so early. Why not train him to cry on command so you can grab a quick game at 4:00am in the morning. It will make you look like a hero AND allow you to play BG at the same time...
    Dragonspearlolien
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2012
    Anduin said:

DJKajuru said:

@DJKajuru

I think perhaps talking to your child would be better than texting, especially at such an early age, body language is 90% of communication...

On the other hand... Well done for educating your child to read so early. Why not train him to cry on command so you can grab a quick game at 4:00am in the morning. It will make you look like a hero AND allow you to play BG at the same time...
    Oh, by "baby" I meant girlfriend !
    Anduin
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    DJKajuru said:

Oh, by "baby" I meant girlfriend !

I'm pretty sure he knew and was just messing, hahaha! But yes some people might've needed that cleared up so ... :)
    AnduinbadbromanceDragonspear
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Downloading as soon as they let me, going to work in the morning, racing home, and playing BG for the next two days. Alas, I cannot wee out the window, and I will have to pause occasionally to walk the dog, but my moments away shall be brief.
    NicklasBenRasmussen
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Work. Ugh.
    AnduinKamigoroshi
This discussion has been closed.