Skip to content

3 Days till BG2:EE! What will you do on the day of release? (apart from stare at a download bar...)

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054

@OperativeNL
    Yeah but according to recent news they're looking to start downloads on the 28th.

I see. So then we won't be able to actually play it until the 30th, even with the download early?

You don't need to be online to play so if we can download it on the 28th we can play it from the 28th.
    Sorry, that's wishful thinking on your behalf I'm afraid. Pre-orderers will be able to download the game early but won't be able to play it until the release date. It's a way of lessening the burden on the servers when it is finally released.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    decado said:

@OperativeNL
    Yeah but according to recent news they're looking to start downloads on the 28th.

I see. So then we won't be able to actually play it until the 30th, even with the download early?

You don't need to be online to play so if we can download it on the 28th we can play it from the 28th.
    Sorry, that's wishful thinking on your behalf I'm afraid. Pre-orderers will be able to download the game early but won't be able to play it until the release date. It's a way of lessening the burden on the servers when it is finally released.
    Well that sucks royally.
    Yes and no, when it is finally released you'll be able to play it instantly (hopefully) as you'll already have it downloaded and installed. Everyone else will need to download it, probably at the same time as everyone else which will likely cause some server issues resulting a slow downloading.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I'm on a mac so I'll probably be pawing hopelessly at my screen whilst you guys post screenshots.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Christ....

What we need is a fluxkompensator !!!!
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    decado said:

@OperativeNL

Not really - it's been hinted that the game will be actually be released on the 28th.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012
    Kristie83 said:

Some Americans do know geography Romania is in between Hungary, Moldalvia, Serbia, and the Ukraine I believe? Some people paid attention in History/geography class =p

Were you looking at a map........

:P
    Map with a spelling error, or is Moldavia indeed called Moldalvia in the englisch language? (Dutch is Moldavië).

*edit: or @xxxsmb1987xxx made a typo

*Son_of_Imoen tries to avoid counting days, 'cause counting make the days seem even longer, trying to distract myself with Balkan countries.

It's called Moldova in the UK.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    So, are all the pre-orderers going to pre-download tomorrow, or are some of us going to wait a day or so, so that the internet doesn't explode?

decado said:

@OperativeNL

Not really - it's been hinted that the game will be actually be released on the 28th.
    Note I didn't mention a date other than the elusive 'release date' whatever that finally turns out to be ;)

Regardless, if you pre-download tomorrow you still aren't going to be able to play it until the official release date.
    edited November 2012
    This post actually has no purpose. Ignore it :)
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    elminster said:

No. :P
    Wiggles said:

elminster said:

No. :P
    :)
  • VaryahenVaryahen Member Posts: 224
    edited November 2012

I'm sorry, Earth. My real world, Faerun, needs me.

decado said:

decado said:

@OperativeNL

Note I didn't mention a date other than the elusive 'release date' whatever that finally turns out to be ;)

Regardless, if you pre-download tomorrow you still aren't going to be able to play it until the official release date.
    I am aware of that. Not sure why you would think otherwise.
    elminster said:

I'm sensing a logical fallacy, as the purpose of above post is stating there is no purpose in it - so it has a purpose!

elminster said:

I'm sensing a logical fallacy, as the purpose of above post is stating there is no purpose in it - so it has a purpose!

Well it has no purpose relating to the topic of this thread... lets just leave it at that.

decado said:

decado said:

@OperativeNL

I am aware of that. Not sure why you would think otherwise.
    It was your post starting 'Not really' which implied I was wrong in my previous post.

Anyway I don't care. Download in the next 48 hours!

edited November 2012
    It still feel like such a long wait I keep on posting silly comments. There are still some Tutu and SOA campaigns I still haven't finished, but being too tired to play (yesterday a big day with the organisation I work with, which we have been preparing for half a year, so for us an even bigger event than 28 nov.), I'm getting trollish. Hand me fire and acid if I get too nasty!

Though I'm glad the BGEE release falls after our own big day yesterday on the 20th. For me the release falls in a quiet period. I feel bad for those who have to study for exams are on holiday or have loads of work to do next week.

Download is only one night's sleep (and a day of waiting till it's daylight in Edmonton) away!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    At present sitting at my computer is like sitting in a pit of despair... Playing normal BG is pointless now...

Sooooon.... Wait a little longer.....

*whimper*
    Now that I've pre-ordered on the day of the release I will be finding out if I can still close doors and expect enemies to stand around as if I've just disappeared :)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    DukeGr said:
    AHHHH! DORN'S STATS!! <33333

19 Strength SUCK IT MINSC!! SUCK IT!
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I haven't been this excited in years!! Love the screens!!
    Quartz said:

DukeGr said:

19 Strength SUCK IT MINSC!! SUCK IT!</p>
    IKR! Boo can suck it too!

• MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    edited November 2012
    Quartz said:

DukeGr said:

I was going to have him in my party anyway, but I just got a tinge more excited for him.

I wonder what the 8 and 5/14 mean on the right side of his stat page. (Weapon hit, then damage range perhaps?)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Quartz said:

DukeGr said:

I was going to have him in my party anyway, but I just got a tinge more excited for him.

I wonder what the 8 and 5/14 mean on the right side of his stat page. (Weapon hit, then damage range perhaps?)
    It's damage range with the currently equipped weapon.

Also, I will take this moment to advertise my thread like a tool.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6792/overanalyzing-the-new-screenshots
This discussion has been closed.