Skip to content

Favorite joinable Forum Member in the BG series?

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Tanthalas...

Class: Moderator
    Level: Over 9000!
    Alignment: True Neutral

Wields the Hammer of Banning and the Hammer of Closing Threads/Eliminating Horrible Posts, but gently, which makes him much loved by those he oversees. Utterly unaffected by the "Don't You Know Who I Am?" and the "Threaten Moderator" spells, which he merely laughs at.
    mlnevese[Deleted User]jhart1018CrevsDaak
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited November 2012
    Awong124 said:

My true name is never used because I gave it up when I joined the monastery, and also because it's a very white unoriental sounding name.

Well you awong there!
    Quartzbooinyoureyeslolien
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    I inform you that i recently became the head of the Flaming Fi(r)st, so from here on i'll charge you accordingly for being in a party.

And if you don't use bg1 animations you will be prosecuted accordingly, based on Mornmagor Law, paragraph 14/section 6.
    BrudeQuartzAndreaColombo
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Brude Can I give that like 20 Insightfuls? You know me too well, that captured the very essence of me. I love how there are at least six references to posts I have made on here ... I guess that would be Payback x6 for referencing your party of badass mutts who kill children? Hahahah!
    BrudeCrevsDaak
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Quartz said:

@Brude Can I give that like 20 Insightfuls? You know me too well, that captured the very essence of me. I love how there are at least six references to posts I have made on here ... I guess that would be Payback x6 for referencing your party of badass mutts who kill children? Hahahah!

LOL - merely trying to return the favor, and offer something as light & fun as your post about me :D
    Quartz
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Shandyr said:

HAHAHA I would so love to see @belgarathmth ingame ;)

LOL, me too, although I'm not sure if I could cope with Anomen's ego if @belgarathmth & Charname got into a catfight over him!

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    Brude said:

LOL - merely trying to return the favor, and offer something as light & fun as your post about me :D

It blew the socks off of my post about you. xD So I appreciate it ... definitely saving that post somewhere.

That said, come BG:EE I am totally going to play that blackguard named Quartz now who has a female harem. It sounds hilariously fun. I've gotta think about what NPCs I should pick up though, besides Safana and Viconia, of course ... Hahaha
    Brude
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHBaldursCat
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012
    @Anduin: nice portrait. Sounds real philosophical. Does it show I studied it for a short time? So sad the university didn't have a course of demonology, but at least I have my own demons to fight ;-)

@LadyEibhilinRhett:

level 7/8 elven Priest of Oghma/Diviner: Lady-in-waiting to Lady Rhiann. Hanging around at the court of the Omnipresent Authority Figure with the will to become an Omniscient Authority Figure. Though she knows a lot, she's curious to know even more and in jest or in seriousness spread around knowledge around the world. Her being not a cleric/mage but an against-the-rules double-kitted multi-class Priest of Oghma/Diviner shows how special she is. Though thou dost wonder why she picked an illegal class when @LadyEibhilinRhett likes to stick to the core PnP rules? That's why she likes divining. She has as much fun in finding things out about herself, as she does in finding out things about Faerun. Every other being on Faerun mostly wonders about what she's wearing on top of her head tough? Is it a blue pillow? A new fashion of wizards hat? Or is it the benign equivalent of a Palantir from another universe, allowing her to see everywhere? And if she sees everything, why is she still curious? Questions my friend.

And with this post she divined a little insight in how she's seen.

Indeed, other posting snippets about yourself is much more fun than writing them yourself.

mlneveseLadyEibhilinRhettAnduin
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2012
    @Son_of_Imoen
    Heehee, looks like you've ruined @ajwz 's fun.
    Thanks for the description~
    I like it~

By the way, it's a beret. The more you know. :D
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    This thread is pretty great. I wasn't around all weekend (went home to visit the folks and just got home).

@Brude: The most ironic thing about that is I'm 6'4" IRL. Go figure, right?
    BrudeQuartz
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Brude
    Level 8 Half-Orc Barbarian

Hailing from the Spine of the World, Brude left his horde when their prejudice against "half-breeds" proved too infuriating for him to bear. Since then, he has wandered the Sword Coast, standing up for those whom society treats unfairly and even befriending a drow woman. An entertaining storyteller and experienced mercenary, Brude freely shares his wisdom (but not his loot!) with those of similar profession. However, while his fellow adventurers enjoy his insights into combat and survival, some are baffled by his aversion to windows and his insistence that they stop learning after a while to make future fights more "balanced."

Brude was last seen running out of Nashkel, grumbling about how he'd been swindled by a priest.
    BrudeAnduinCrevsDaak
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    @Jalily Half Orc barbarian? How did you know? :D

The whole write-up is wonderful, but those last two lines in particular had me howling with laughter.
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    wot about me? (note, i wouldn't be no stinkin' humie, Half Elf, Elf, an' if Half Orc, da other half wouldn't be human)
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Is there no place for a kitty like me in the Forgotten Realms? *iz a sad kitteh*
    Is there no place for a kitty like me in the Forgotten Realms? *iz a sad kitteh*
    *facepalm* Double post, sorry.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    QuartzLadyEibhilinRhett
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    @quartz as a chaotic neutral kobald in pink leather sporting attitude.
    Can be recruited outside the lonely mermaid.
    Comes with 1000000gp because he is solid internet gold!
    Quartz
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Shandyr said:

@BaldursCat

Shandyr said:

HAHAHA I would so love to see @belgarathmth ingame ;)

LOL, me too, although I'm not sure if I could cope with Anomen's ego if @belgarathmth & Charname got into a catfight over him!

Actually I imagine it the other way around. Anomen fighting with Charname over @belgarathmth.
    Well... at least in my playthrough he would...
    Nice, I like your thinking!
    [Deleted User]
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @jhart1018 You are too kind. The truth is people often comment on how little I resemble Nathan Fillion.
    jhart1018
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHBaldursCat
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, @Shandyr, @BaldursCat, @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud, y'all made me smile. I happen to be doing a BG2:SoA run right now as a skald with a cat familiar. I guess I could pretend that there's more than just the one kitty following me around on my adventures.
    [Deleted User]BaldursCat
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    All this commoraderie and banter makes my blood boil, pah!
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Nobody is going to come through as strongly as @Quartz when I start BG:EE. The image of Dorn is now linked to him for me and I expect that Dorn will be like him on this site: coming across as blunt and occasionally aggressive (particularly when someone attempts to apply broad labels to "BG1 lovers") and then revealing more depth and range of character over time.

For me, I see @LadyEibhilinRhett more as a bard than a priest. She is someone who is artistically gifted and driven not only to share that gift with others but nurture it in them as well. She isn't just a pretty face with a sketchbook and has a broad range of interests and knowledge, freely sharing her bardic lore with the rest of us and generating some interesting discussions like on the etymology of various names. She isn't a silly "Elan"-esque bard, but instead is a leading voice of arts and intellectual curiosity.

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Anduin said:

P.S. @Anduine Stop fighting evil and show your face you overzealous Paladin! Everyone thinks I have made an NPC of myself!

Nice version of me earlier, although I think you forgot that I joined the forums with this name nearly a month before you did, so who is trying to steal from who...? (Haha)

The rumours are true about me. Evil will perish, in whatever form it may be, wherever it may be. There are no exceptions, not even my own parent. (Bhaal)
    AnduinBrude