Skip to content

Favorite joinable Forum Member in the BG series?

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud : duhh, I mentioned you dear :P
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Anduine

Thank you personification of paladinning goodness! I just love your name and paladanic ways!

Thought the name stealing was a good way to add a bit of drama... It is true you were on the forums first and that I was second, I can confirm again it was chance... Or was it...

Perhaps we could go with a story of how we were both twins... Bhaal twins! Split apart at birth.
    One went to rich, church going parents and became a kickass paladin.
    The other went to poor parents who never attended a temple and became a kickass thief.

The sad story is the brothers over a series of misfortunes and misunderstandings become embroiled in bitter jealousy over fame, fortune, morals and even a girl. They fight not knowing that they should be fighting for each other as brothers in arms... If only they new how the other felt, all would be different, all would be forgiven! THE DRAMA!

And then the thief wins... Sorry about that...

LOL ! :)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    AHF said:

Nobody is going to come through as strongly as @Quartz when I start BG:EE. The image of Dorn is now linked to him for me and I expect that Dorn will be like him on this site: coming across as blunt and occasionally aggressive (particularly when someone attempts to apply broad labels to "BG1 lovers") and then revealing more depth and range of character over time.

Hah! That's kind of cute/ironic. Thanks.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTH
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Nathan i choose you.

i think i enjoy his posts most off the dev team. very calm, informative, well intentioned and humorous. :)

cleric/thief probably?
    Nathan
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    @Mungri because his posts are weirdly identical to what I would have posted 99% of the time. I'm slightly concerned that I might be schizophrenic without knowing and he is my alternate persona.

Let's say half-elf Chaotic Neutral Fighter/Mage/Thief. Pragmatic and adaptable. Found hanging around in Baldur's Gate city, probably in a bit of a fix having trodden on the toes of several influential people in some way or the other.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    @FrozenCells -

Doppleganger because his posts are weirdly identical to @Mungri's posts.

Except evil.

;)
    Brude
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Or maybe I'm the evil one muahahahaha!

Well no, I'll always be chaotic neutral, so yea, @frozencells can be the evil me.
    edited November 2012
    Mungri said:

Or maybe I'm the evil one muahahahaha!

Well no, I'll always be chaotic neutral, so yea, @frozencells can be the evil me.

My first ever character in BG1 was actually a fighter / mage / cleric because I was like 'why be one class when I can be three? /Noob'. Now though Id rather always be a Swashbuckler or Kensai dualed to a mage.

And yea, I can never follow rules, at least not silly ones. Like if someone tells me I can't swear, I will swear. If I see some terrible and evil things, I'll mimick them out of satire, without actually carrying out the full evil act because I enjoy mocking bad people.

So stick me in an evil party with people who can laugh about themselves and I'd be in heaven, even if they are killing everything and I'm just getting to ride along for a share of the loot :p. While in good parties I would admire and compliment the actions of good people, but withoit doing nice things myself.

If our reputation became criminal though, I would depart. If we got a 20/20 reputation, I wouldn't mind at all, unlike other neutrals. As a pure chaotic neutral person, it would be to my advantage to be a member of such a perfect and respected group to benefit myself, as it would be to have fun and thrills with evil people with loose morality, but without damaging my character's reputation.
    FrozenCells
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Sounds familiar.
    edited November 2012
    @Mungri and Mangri were brothers that were always competing with each other to impress there father... As boys it was simply about strength and feats of skill with weapons... Then as they became young men, they splashed cash wildly to impress and dote on there father... Stealing to fund their excess... Finally as men in their prime they schemed for power, learning the arts of magic.

There father died happily believing he had raised two fine sons, but they then argued over who was to inherit... Mangri, the younger, sought to murder his brother and poisoned the air with a cloud that could kill. Mungri, the elder, choking and near death, remembered his promise to look after his brother to his mother and cast a spell turning Mangri to stone.

Mungri went on to become a famous adventurer. Mangri, even in his frozen form, was arrested for poisoning many of the locals with his cloud that could kill... He is still there now, this statue, in a cell, and people will still go visit and peak @Frozencells

:)
    MungriBrudelolien
    edited November 2012
    Oh yea, I remember that chaotic neutral sorcerer from NWN2, Qara or something I think. That would kind of be like my character. Potentially dangerous and lethal, but I won't actually burninate everything in my path, though if I don't like you you would end up fearful for your life knowing my powers. I would likely end up with assassins being sent my way too from past evil / immoral people I have been involved with, and for leaving them after discovering their true intentions and joining a more heroic / just cause.

I strike fear in the hearts of every mortal envious of my wizard powers, they fear my potential, and what I could do to them as I'll always be a respected outlaw, forever vigilant of organized groups such as the cowled wizards. Yet in reality, you are far more likely to get burned by a cowled wizard, or mistreated by the law than you would be by me. Accept my friendship and gain a powerful ally. Betray me, and then you might, just might end up burninated. Accidentally of course ... Whoops, my melfs minute meteor slipped and set you on fire while you were napping due to my sleep spell. Or if I really liked you, I might just keep you as my dire charmed puppet instead, until I find a better plaything to amuse me.

I'd also follow and worship someone like Tiax like a god because doing so would amuse me greatly. Xan on the other hand ... As much as so many others like him, I wouldn't be able to stand him. He would have to be the complete opposite to me:

Xan - We are all doomed, so why not just lay down and die?

Mungri - We are all doomed, so make the most of what you have and seek pleasure, enjoyment, adventure and riches!

Xan ... But, but but, it is all vain!

Mungri - Roll a D20 against Xan, who must beat my roll to resist my temptation to throw a fireball at his face.

@Anduin ... That was awesome!
    Anduin
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Shandyr said:

@belgarathmth

Thanks, @Shandyr, @BaldursCat, @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud, y'all made me smile. I happen to be doing a BG2:SoA run right now as a skald with a cat familiar. I guess I could pretend that there's more than just the one kitty following me around on my adventures.

You have pictured me as a powerful mage/thief.

*polymorphs myself into a cat*

"Meow"
    Gosh and I can still speak! Mind if I come along?
    I will watch your back ;)

Only one cat-slot left open for belgar's adventure party!
    Could that last spot be for a dog instead? I'd like to take @Cheesebelly along. He'd make a perfect dog! :p
    I ish a good puppeh, yush I ish!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

@Anduin: nice portrait. Sounds real philosophical. Does it show I studied it for a short time? So sad the university didn't have a course of demonology, but at least I have my own demons to fight ;-)

@LadyEibhilinRhett:

level 7/8 elven Priest of Oghma/Diviner: Lady-in-waiting to Lady Rhiann. Hanging around at the court of the Omnipresent Authority Figure with the will to become an Omniscient Authority Figure. Though she knows a lot, she's curious to know even more and in jest or in seriousness spread around knowledge around the world. Her being not a cleric/mage but an against-the-rules double-kitted multi-class Priest of Oghma/Diviner shows how special she is. Though thou dost wonder why she picked an illegal class when @LadyEibhilinRhett likes to stick to the core PnP rules? That's why she likes divining. She has as much fun in finding things out about herself, as she does in finding out things about Faerun. Every other being on Faerun mostly wonders about what she's wearing on top of her head tough? Is it a blue pillow? A new fashion of wizards hat? Or is it the benign equivalent of a Palantir from another universe, allowing her to see everywhere? And if she sees everything, why is she still curious? Questions my friend.

And with this post she divined a little insight in how she's seen.

Indeed, other posting snippets about yourself is much more fun than writing them yourself.

Meanie. Now you really are my arch enemy.
    Anduin
    *Casts dire charm on @cheesebelly. You are now required to worship Tiax, and his number 1 disciple Mungri.
    *blink blink blink* Sorry, I'm immune to charm. Only one person here can charm me :P
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Brude said:

@Jalily Half Orc barbarian? How did you know? :D

It was your old Horde avatar plus the sound of your name. ^_~

Brudemlnevese
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @trinit d'aww.

Natha-Nathan!
    mlnevese[Deleted User]trinit
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    Oh boy, one of the developers is a pokemon. Should we be worried? :)
    Sophia

*blink blink blink* Sorry, I'm immune to charm. Only one person here can charm me :P

Puppehs don't get charm immunity, and they automatically fail against charms cast by humans.

trinit
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    @Anduin: I have a shorter, far more realistic tale for you involving us in a game:

Anduine casts Detect Evil in the presence of Anduin. Anduin glows red. Anduin sees a neutral/good civilian carrying a coin purse, draws his dagger, and heads after him/her.

*2 seconds later*

Anduin's screen: "You have been waylaid by an unstoppable force of Righteousness and must futily defend your evil ways. May Tyr have mercy upon your soul."

Ah, much better. =)
    Anduin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Anduin
    Mungri said:

Puppehs don't get charm immunity, and they automatically fail against charms cast by humans.

Puppehs might not, but luckily enough, I got an undroppable helm of charm protection... as well as an undroppable Staff of the Ram +6 stuck in my paws. Oh, I'm also good at going invisible! Swoosh! *disappears*
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Shandyr: I'm sure doggy @Cheesebelly would protect all of us kitties. Dogs and cats aren't necessarily always enemies, y'know. :p
    [Deleted User]
    Damn straight, they won't pass through me, and if they do, It'll be in the nine hells D:
    Besides, I have special powers, you can't reject someone as cool as me! 8D (actually you can, and you should, but oh well, at least I can make up rhymes when I'm bored)
    @Anduine :) Gotta catch me first... Pretty sure I can run faster than you in my leathers than you in your full plate!

@Cheesebelly *Scratches chin* I thought you was a rodent of some description... possibly hamsterish... Any way, my point is have you seen what happens if you feed a dog a lot of cheese?