Skip to content

3 Days till BG2:EE! What will you do on the day of release? (apart from stare at a download bar...)

Comments

• ElofElof Member Posts: 42
    14 days to go? 28th? The pre-order page says 30th!

I might take half a day off work... especially if it is Friday.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Check if BG1 animations are in the game for use.

If Yes, play.

If No, fool around to see the new ui and new features, and wait until they are implemented to play then.

No way i'm playing BG1 with BG2 animations :P ( not that i'll play BG2 with them but whatever :p )

But either way i'm pretty excited about the whole news waiting on the day of release, for many subjects.
    AnduinQuartz
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

Work. Ugh.

@HaHaCharade I wanted a button to click on that said "I feel your pain"

As this button does not exist... I clicked on like instead...

HaHaCharadelolien
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Kristie83 said:

Unfortunately, I'm physically incapable of urinating out the window so I may need to invest in a commode chair. Preferably one that is height adjustable. (jk) :P

Ah, but there IS a way with the "Feminine Urinary Director": http://www.rei.com/product/407267/sani-fem-freshette-feminine-urinary-director

I haven't used one, but I know someone who has...with considerable success. :D

Failing that, there's always adult diapers. (^.~)
    jolly_bbKristie83
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Download it for my neighbour; download it for my neighbour's kid; download it for myself; install it on my neighbour's computer; install it on my neighbour's kid's computer; install it on my computer - fall asleep from exhaustion.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    @Mrotianna There is also this model to look at:
    http://www.tinydeal.com/elegance-ez-female-urinal-lady-urinal-funnel-p-66850.html

Elegance P Ez Female Urine Lady Urinal Funnel only costs $3.70 while your Sani-Fem Freshette Feminine Urinary Director is a whopping $22.95 which would be enough to cover the cost of BG2EE when it comes out.

But, there is still the problem of pail under the desk or hose hooked up out the window...With the pail, I'll have to hire someone to empty it, but I question the functionality of the hose technique.

Adult diapers may seem like the simple solution, but there are some problems. For one, the price is astronomical, another thing is that you'll still have to stop playing to change yourself.

:P
    MortiannaOxford_Guy
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Unfortunately I won't be playing the game on release day, for last night my motherboard died, and since its an Asus I'll have to endure hell for an RMA.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Changing nappies, getting screamed at, and being drooled on. Much like every day really.
    @Kristie83 Good find! I think the "Freshette" would be a little easier to aim out a window (or into a bucket), since the hose is a bit longer, but the "Elegance" is so much cheaper, and basically offers the same function.

In the end, whether it's the funnel, diapers, or the "old-fashioned" lavatory way, it's still going to require pausing the game :(

This conversation reminds me of the film "Idiocracy," where people have their toilets built into their chairs:

:)

AnduinQuartzElectricMonk
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Huge party on the 29th at the Freemasons' Hall in London town! The 30th will be spent nursing my hangover with cure light wounds and nostalgic goosebumps.
    Oxford_Guy
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Mortianna said:

@Kristie83 Good find! I think the "Freshette" would be a little easier to aim out a window (or into a bucket), since the hose is a bit longer, but the "Elegance" is so much cheaper, and basically offers the same function.

In the end, whether it's the funnel, diapers, or the "old-fashioned" lavatory way, it's still going to require pausing the game :(

This conversation reminds me of the film "Idiocracy," where people have their toilets built into their chairs:

:)

The idocracy chair looks very comfortable indeed! I've found another option which I feel is more fitted to the BG theme. Now you can roleplay while using this throne!
    http://www.trendir.com/archives/000033.html

Damn our bodily functions!
    AnduinMortianna
    That is one kick ass throne!
    Mortiannalolien
    Just get an empty 2 litre bottle to wee in.
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm, well I only had 6 months warranty left on my Asus rampage 3 extreme, and found the high end Gigabyte X58a-OC (the big bright orange one) for £150 brand new, so just went and ordered that for a replacement so I get a whole new 3 year warranty instead. If I manage to get my rampage 3 replaced it should sell on eBay, or I can just keep it in case the new one ever breaks. I bought a rampage 3 extreme and I7 980 for my current rig in 2010, and there's no point upgrading to a new socket anytime soon with that beastly CPU.

I wanted it to last at least 5 years, but shit happens and stuff dies. It should still be good for another 3 years and Gigabyte have a much better warranty service.

My power supply was still switching on, and the motherboard leds and fans attached to the PSU switched on, but nothing connected to the motherboard would power on, none of the case, CPU or gpu fans switch on so I'm sure the motherboards dead.
    Post edited by Mungri on
    Pantalion said:

Changing nappies, getting screamed at, and being drooled on. Much like every day really.

Taking care of one's spouse is quite a chore. :P

Kristie83
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    I´m gonna REROLL my fingers off...I mean RICKROLL

ZinodinJaxsbudgiePinkRose
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    I might take a few vacations days... vacation to my basement, anyway.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I will physically beat anyone who disturbs my gaming. If the house is on fire, then the fire will just have to wait. :P
    BoozillaElectricMonk
  • BoozillaBoozilla Member Posts: 46
    I will sleep on my work cintiq because it is so warm and comfy.... no wait.... i mean work (draw) more
    MedullaOblongata
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2012
    I suspect, even tho i've decided what PC/Party/Alignment to go with, ill end up staring at the character creation screen all day thinking "Is this really the Class(/kit)/Alignment i want to play with?" :(
    DelvarianGeldridge
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I will spend the entire day with bgee, from the moment it releases until the moment I can't stay awake, obviously it will begin with me rolling for hours to try to find good stats, and then I will step into a world of unmatched joy, I'm not sure if even Christmas will compare.
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    edited November 2012
    Well, on the day of release I will dress up as a streetwalker, lifting my skirt to bypasser going: "Ey, luv'. Fancy a tumble?"

... What the f**k do you think I will be doing? *Glare*

;P

EDIT: Also, joke's on you, Mathuzz. I love that song.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873

Get up at 4:30 am for work. Get home. Retrive minions from school. Figure out dinner for the family (I'm both parents on Wednesday evenings). Take minions to martial arts for our evening training. Get home, tired. Probably get through Candlekeep without staying up too late (Thursday looks a lot like Wednesday for me)...

Hah! Im stealing "minions" for when/if I have kids :)

Ontopic: Im going to continously update googleappstore in dismay, and contemplate whether I can allocate the funds to just buy a PC version.
  • DelinphiusDelinphius Member Posts: 9
    Chances are I will spend at least an hour staring at the character creation screen, deciding what class I want too play as. This will happen even if I think I've made up my mind before hand.
    Mortianna said:

Pantalion said:

Taking care of one's spouse is quite a chore. :P

I do hope you meant to say offspring instead of spouse .....

Kristie83
    @Mungri

I was being facetious.
    MungriQuartzAnduin
    @Mungri

Doesn't your wife clean the dribble off your chin?
    Mortiannalolien
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I'll likely end up doing a lot of fiddling before actually playing, like:

- Starting up the game and see how different it looks, obviously
    - Attempt to open and modify files with current editors
    - Check which mods are already adapted to the EE, and the adaptation intent/progress for the ones that aren't
    - Try to finalize what class I'll be playing as, and investigate if increased externalization allows for creation of new dual/multi class combinations

With that in mind, it will probably be days before I actually start a devoted playthrough.
This discussion has been closed.