Skip to content

BG2-Do you side with Bodhi or the Shadow Thieves?

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
I want to know which group you side with in the first half of BG2, and why~
  1. BG2-Do you side with Bodhi or the Shadow Thieves?566 votes
    1. Shadow Thieves
      81.98%
    2. Bodhi and her vampires
      18.02%
StummvonBordwehrAerie

Comments

• JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you get necklace of power from the shadow theifs?
    Djimmy
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I can't really remember why - I guess because Bodhi is evil and kind of creepy.
    Brude
  • NadroirNadroir Member Posts: 50
    Usually Shadow Thieves. Sometimes I join Bodhi.
    shawnppickettsmeagolheart
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    I would side with the shadow thieves. The vampires of Athkatla have the blackest of hearts.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    The Shadow Thieves are the lesser of two evils.
    killerrabbitMalicron
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    The Shadow Thieves.

The only reason Bodhi gives to join her is that she's charging less. And right when she's about to give you the offer, the Shadow Thieves price is lowered to match, anyway.
    Quartzkillerrabbit
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    If playing Good/Neutral, then shadow thieves, if playing Neutral/Evil, then Bodhi.
    Fina92
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Everytime I played evil and went that far, it ws always with a thief, so I was afraid to lose my stronghold by siding with the vampires.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Tried to side with the vampires once, just to see how it would play out. I couldn't go all the way through with it.

Bodhi is just nasty and unlikeable.
    LadyEibhilinRhettQuartzkillerrabbit
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2012
    Loz said:

Aran Linvail and some of the other Shadow Thieves (remember Narlen Darkwalk?) are actually quite likeable characters. Perhaps a little bit too likeable - I imagine the members of such an organisation would be pretty unpleasant if they existed in real life. But that's what we have fantasy for.

Hm, the Shadow Thieves are merely wanting in on the cake that the privileged classes have the lawful right to squeeze out of the poor. One could argue that it's only fair to even out the economy a bit. Not that I want to support stealing, just pointing out that they are not necessarily worse than anyone else in the hamster wheel, trying to get his piece of the pie. :)

I agree, though, that criminal organizations are often (always?) an ugly business, and the concept of thieves is romanticized in games like these. :)
    Filleboi
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Unless I was playing a pants-on-head Evil character with a Minsc-level Wisdom, I'd like to think they'd figure that the creepy night-stalking terror whose minions keep turning to mist when I murder them might, might not have their best interests at heart.

Plus come on, it's the Shadow Thieves, they might lose a gang here and there, but if there's a shadowy organisation you want onside it's gotta be the organisation that spans 90% of the Sword Coast.
    BrudemeaglothkillerrabbitMalicron
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    The way I see the Shadow Thieves that they offer a balance in things against other entities in the world of Faerun, I kind of reluctantly support them because of that.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Eh, depends on my CHARNAME, and if I have Alternatives installed, but most times than not, I'm siding with the shadow thieves. Mostly because I don't think Xan or Kivan would like it if I sided with Bodhi. Which is why they aren't there when I do an evil party.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think I sided with Bodhi for my first playthrough and after that with the thieves. I think it has a lot to do with meta-knowledge; knowing that she's eventually gonna try to kill me (twice if I remember correctly) just makes me want to tell her to kiss my ass everytime she asks for my gold.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    During my first playthrough, I figured the Shadow Thieves weren't being completely honest with me and were using my party for their own gain, but I wasn't sure if they were going to betray me in the end. I thought Bodhi and her vampires would most likely turn on me (CE undead vs the living--it's only a matter of time), so I picked the more predictable (and less "moral") path, making sure Viconia always had a few Negative Plane Protection and Lesser Restoration spells ready.

Plus, they're spooky vampires and their lair is hidden underneath the city graveyard. I liked that.

Later, when the Valen mod came out, it was even more reason to side with them, although I admit she was very overpowered (as long as there's no sunlight).

Looks like I'm definitely in the minority here.
    SullaIllustairArcalianCrevsDaak
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    get that neckless of power nice and early.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I alternate between them. Some games I side with one and some games with the other. However, I usually tend to side with the Shadow Thieves. In my current game I actually intended to side with Bodhi, but then she didn't show up to her own meeting so I went with the Shadow Thieves again instead.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    The only times I run with the vampires is when I am playing an evil character with the Valen mod. It is my best way of doing an evil run.

What was that Valygar? Those sister-stealed bastard cowled wizards set you up? Maybe I should listen to your full story and reconsider....

Oooooo...that wasn't pretty.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you get necklace of power from the shadow theifs?

You'll get it anyway after you kill Aran Linvil.

I'll side with thieves because vampires are creepy. Also, you can betray the thieves later. Even if the special thief shows up, kills everyone in the party and apparently immune to cltr-Y, he can be killed by shapechange->mindflayer->devour brain.

ARKdeEREHGod
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    bbear said:

You'll get it anyway after you kill Aran Linvil.

I'll side with thieves because vampires are creepy. Also, you can betray the thieves later. Even if the special thief shows up, kills everyone in the party and apparently immune to cltr-Y, he can be killed by shapechange->mindflayer->devour brain.

You can also avoid being killed by him by casting Death Ward on your characters.